This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  mandy 11 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

arl85
    Participant

Hello everybody!
    Excuse for my english, i hope to express my problem clearly.
    well, as topic subject says,
    “how to allow only certain players to connect to my LAN server?”

ok, I’ve read in offline help that file “preferedplayers.txt” is :

“A xml file containing a set of players. Depending on the PreferedPlayers and RegisteredUserNames settings in the server.xml file this will will either:-
    1) Specify which users can connect to this server.
    2) Specify which names are resevered and can only be used by certain players”

well, how the PreferedPlayers and RegisteredUserName settings work?

thanks!

apache64d
    Participant

U can setup a password to your server and give it only to ppl u want…
    That’s one way…
    Moderators, your turn…

arl85
    Participant

@apache64d wrote:

I’ve done it, but i’d like to better understand this 2 option, however…

jdog
    Participant

@arl85 wrote:

@apache64d wrote:

I’ve done it, but i’d like to better understand this 2 option, however…

As it stands I don’t think your option 2 is possible. As it is possible to have multible tanks with the same name. The game identifies people by a user id number when you play on-line.

Bobirov
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

As it stands I don’t think your option 2 is possible. As it is possible to have multible tanks with the same name. The game identifies people by a user id number when you play on-line.

There is an option to allow only validated users to connect to the server. I’ve been looking at it a bit here at work and the server documentation says there is a tag called PreferedPlayers in the server settings, but it isn’t in there by default that I can tell. I haven’t tryed manually putting it in there and setting it to ‘on’, but I would assume that it should work.

After setting that on, you should be able to enter players into your preferedplayers-.txt file in your .scorched3d directory. Just refer to the server files documentation that is included with the game for the proper syntax. Doing so will only allow people with those specific player ids to enter and use the server.

The other alternative is that you can also restrict certain user names to specific player ids. To do this you should look for RegisteredUserNames in your server.xml file you are using and set it to ‘on’. After that, you can enter in names and player ids in the preferedplayers-.txt mentioned above and that will make it so that only that specific player id can use that name. Again, I have never tried this, but I assume that it should work.

Not really any more help here than what is already in the documentation, but perhaps that will point ya in the right direction.

arl85
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@jdog wrote:

There is an option to allow only validated users to connect to the server. I’ve been looking at it a bit here at work and the server documentation says there is a tag called PreferedPlayers in the server settings, but it isn’t in there by default that I can tell. I haven’t tryed manually putting it in there and setting it to ‘on’, but I would assume that it should work.

After setting that on, you should be able to enter players into your preferedplayers-.txt file in your .scorched3d directory. Just refer to the server files documentation that is included with the game for the proper syntax. Doing so will only allow people with those specific player ids to enter and use the server.

The other alternative is that you can also restrict certain user names to specific player ids. To do this you should look for RegisteredUserNames in your server.xml file you are using and set it to ‘on’. After that, you can enter in names and player ids in the preferedplayers-.txt mentioned above and that will make it so that only that specific player id can use that name. Again, I have never tried this, but I assume that it should work.

ok, thanks.
    I’ve inserted the PreferedPlayers option, but I have a problem: I can’t connect to official server, because I use internet only at university, so I don’t have a ids.xml file, so I haven’t an unique id… Or am I wrong?
    I can create ids.xml file manually, but i don’t know the exact syntax… and I wasn’t able to find it in other topic…

Can somebody tell me the sintax of ids.xml?

Thanks!

imported_gcamp
    Participant

You shouldn’t need an ids.xml file to connect to the official servers, what error are you seeing?

arl85
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

You shouldn’t need an ids.xml file to connect to the official servers, what error are you seeing?

excuse me, there was a misunderstanding. I need my unique id to use the “preferedplayer.txt”, so I can test the configuration. But I can’t connect to official server to obtain my unique id, because I haven’t internet connection at home, but only in university, where ports are closed.
    I think that the game will check id contained in “preferedplayer.txt” with my unique id (or with unique id of player connecting to my server). For testing purpose, I’d like to have an unique id, but I cannot connect to server to obtain it.
    So, I’d like to know the syntax of ids.xml, in order to create my unique id.

I hope I was clearly.
    bye

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Each server gives out different unique ids. You should be able to get your server to give out ids by enabling stats logging.

SQ51UPSM-LPL7FNA9-BBWHZZYT
    scorched3d.game-host.org

Here’s an example of the ids.xml file.
    Note: the id is stored differently for each server

arl85
    Participant

I’ll try. thanks a lot!

Brain Damage
    Participant

italiano:
    l`ID e´ assegnato da ogni server´, per cui ogni server assegna un id diverso, l´ID per i server ufficiali e´ diverso da quello usato dal tuo; puoi distingere i vari ID grazie all`IP del server nel file xml.
    per semplificare le cose puoi inventarti tu degli id e poi inviarli ai giocatori che intendi invitare.
    english:
    use a translator 😛

arl85
    Participant

oh,ke bello parlare in italiano.

ho provato, ma nn va un granche’, consente a qualunque id di connettersi, per il momento.
    Inoltre non mi permette di inserire l’opzione PreferedPlayers nel file server.xml. la inserisce ma poi, quando avvio, lo elimina.
    appena ho un po’ di tempo proverò a farlo andare.
    per il momento ho risolto impostando la password.
    grazie a tutti.

english:
    again, use a translator

mandy
    Participant

hey, my translator is broke, dohhhhhh

mandy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.