This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Picci 9 years, 7 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #6410

    Picci
    Participant

    Hey all,
    no, i’m not back to the game yet, (unfortunately physics is hard..damn uni)
    but i jumped back to the forums to ask if any java programmers are around…
    i’m trying to build a website (the idea is pretty good, even though a site is already there like it, it’s not used as much as it could be)… but there’s one part that gets me, that I suppose is doable only through a java applet. The main problem is i’ve never developed any applets and stuff…
    If anyone can do this stuff and is interested please leave a message here or email me or pm me.
    Thx,
    Picci

    #50702

    Rommel
    Participant

    Hi Picci:

    It’s good to see you haven’t forgotten us. Hang in there, I had to get a tutor for Calc. II but it was well worth the money.@picci wrote:

    Hey all,
    no, i’m not back to the game yet, (unfortunately physics is hard..damn uni)
    but i jumped back to the forums to ask if any java programmers are around…
    i’m trying to build a website (the idea is pretty good, even though a site is already there like it, it’s not used as much as it could be)… but there’s one part that gets me, that I suppose is doable only through a java applet. The main problem is i’ve never developed any applets and stuff…
    If anyone can do this stuff and is interested please leave a message here or email me or pm me.
    Thx,
    Picci

    It’s a little difficult to know what you might be able to use without more information. CGI might be an option. If so, Perl is pretty easy to learn and there are several good books available with example code on CD. Most likely you can get a good deal at your school bookstore.

    Best wishes,

    Rommel

    #50703

    Laptops Daddy
    Participant

    @rommel wrote:

    Most likely you can get a good deal at your school bookstore.

    or if you live in the 21st century like most of the rest of us, you could check teh interweb.

    you need to be more specific. im assuming you do mean java, not javascript. id say flash actionscript is the way to go these days. everyone has flash.

    #50704

    Picci
    Participant

    i was really considering flash, but how can you get this solved with flash :S ? :



    Facebook Login







    document.fb.submit()

    EDIT: THE CODE LOOKS REALLY BAD & INCOMPLETE, HERE IT IS:
    http://rafb.net/p/1uoxwL74.html

    This works, opening the page will log you into facebook, maybe on the second try if there are cookie problems, but it’ll work…

    Is there any way to make a user access facebook with credentials xxx, xxx as the page above does ?
    Cause the page above, if opened locally works, but if uploaded and opened from a site, an alert
    comes up saying that you cannot put your facebook password on other sites and to log in again.

    Do i have to fake the referers for this to work ?
    You can’t do it with cURL because that would mean that the server logs into facebook, but not the user’s browser.
    I don’t think it’s doable in JS.
    It could work in flash, but would it be limited to users using versions 7 and 8 and not 9 ? (does that make sense ? if not plz tell me if it’s possible)
    With java is it possible to make it look like everything is coming from the user’s pc or to open a page without referer in a new browser ?

    #50705

    Rommel
    Participant

    Hi Picci:

    I’m not sure about the deals you’ll find on the net but less than half price was what I customarily received as a university student from the school bookstore.@laptops Daddy wrote:

    @rommel wrote:

    Most likely you can get a good deal at your school bookstore.

    or if you live in the 21st century like most of the rest of us, you could check teh interweb.

    you need to be more specific. im assuming you do mean java, not javascript. id say flash actionscript is the way to go these days. everyone has flash.

    Being out of school for some time, this may not be the current practice.

    Best wishes,

    Rommel

    #50706

    Laptops Daddy
    Participant

    @picci wrote:

    Is there any way to make a user access facebook with credentials xxx, xxx as the page above does ?
    Cause the page above, if opened locally works, but if uploaded and opened from a site, an alert
    comes up saying that you cannot put your facebook password on other sites and to log in again.

    Do i have to fake the referers for this to work ?
    You can’t do it with cURL because that would mean that the server logs into facebook, but not the user’s browser.
    I don’t think it’s doable in JS.
    It could work in flash, but would it be limited to users using versions 7 and 8 and not 9 ? (does that make sense ? if not plz tell me if it’s possible)
    With java is it possible to make it look like everything is coming from the user’s pc or to open a page without referer in a new browser ?

    i don’t know. sorry. that’s a little beyond me.

    are you saying you’ve tested cURL? so you run curl via perl?

    so we’re talking server side? still not sure of your purpose. can you do something in c and run it like you would curl?

    #50707

    Picci
    Participant

    i wanted to make a button for ppl to login in facebook by clicking on it,
    so that they get a new browser window with their facebook “home” page.

    curl and all that stuff would run server side, so it’s useless…
    the only way i thought it could work
    would be by making a java applet save a custom page.html in the temp files and then opening it would run a new browser window with the facebook home
    (just as if one were opening that .html i showed u b4 right off the desktop)

    dunno if it’s doable in flash…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.