This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

DireWolf
    Participant

Hey man nice shot
    I used a new editor to make this one, it is very different from the one I was using before, but im kinda getting the hang of it, anyway…
    I hope you like it.

Before trying to play any of the videos below make sure you have DivX installed, if you dont have it get this file
    http://app1.docusync.com/clientsite/getfile.aspx?LinkId=433&Key=BMKNIQCRNKPTMYPRNXCPHTOWEYFQDXNWOKLSHXIMIMOYBQJP

The Videos
    The song is Hey man nice shot from Filter
    File size 121 mb.
    Resolution 800×600
    Length 5 minutes and 20 seconds
    Game Scorched 3D
    http://app1.docusync.com/clientsite/getfile.aspx?LinkId=481&Key=ERFTCUAOKTAREJKQENNRBKCLHUJQMYKSNUDSAYEMMNLOHYOR

The Dogs of Scorched
    The songs are A new machine part 1 & Dogs of war from Pink Floyd
    File size 195 mb.
    Resolution 800×600
    Length 7 minutes 57 seconds
    Game Scorched 3D
    http://app1.docusync.com/clientsite/getfile.aspx?LinkId=468&Key=FMNNHPFSCVMQLPMLIKAVPLGLPVGJMSLYOKHOFSFYHTIKCRCV

Scorched Pig
    The song is Warpigs from Black Sabbath.
    File size 101 mb.
    Resolution 800×600
    Length over 8 minutes
    Game Scorched 3D

http://app1.docusync.com/clientsite/getfile.aspx?LinkId=434&Key=CMEMOYFSNYHYBKKLKVLKMTOSELLLDMKOLQBXINCVGKEUMTBO

Scorchism *re-done*
    The song is Schism from Tool.
    File size 68 mb.
    Resolution 800×600
    Length a lil over 7 minutes
    Game Scorched 3D

http://app1.docusync.com/clientsite/getfile.aspx?LinkId=435&Key=EQLOPYLKJLJLCLBQGWGNIJDMIYELHYFWKTGOJXJMFLEKLTBW

Below are 2 videos I made before I started playing Scorched 3D

Alice
    The song is White Rabbit from Jefferson Airplane
    File size 7.4 mb
    Resolution 320×240
    Length 2 mintues 34 seconds
    Game Alice

http://app1.docusync.com/clientsite/getfile.aspx?LinkId=436&Key=HTAPKUFVAWMMFNHKBSIQPTITLVGLLLALLLPLIJMMJPMLAPLY

Machinegun
    The song is Machinegun from Jimi Hendrix
    File size 421 mb
    Resolution 640×480
    Length 10 minutes 37 seconds
    Game Call of Duty

http://app1.docusync.com/clientsite/getfile.aspx?LinkId=437&Key=HYOQINIPNJFOMTBXNOBTDXAOMXNWAMILFVBYCQEKAJEVIQBV

😈 Thank you for your support 😈
    Gavin, anything I post here, consider it yours,
    if there is anything I can do for you just give me
    your Ideas and I will see what I can do!
    I would love to be a part of anything you have to offer.

Miroslav
    Participant

not bad Nazi?:) or wolf 🙂
    hehe i see u really like funkies:) what about some strong wind , big distance small , weapon shots??:)
    show us more skill in your movies:) (of corse i like nice funks or dh too:) )

and i think that starting part is allot to long:)
    but congrats every new movie is technical better

I LIKE IT!!

Sondra
    Participant

Soupie I love it… but only one thing bad in thare:

THAT RIP SOUPNAZI IS BAD

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

btw count me in all the time ehhehe…. but we better do a contract.. Hou much you pay me for being in the movies??? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

DireWolf
    Participant

hehe i see u really like funkies:) what about some strong wind , big distance small , weapon shots??:)
    show us more skill in your movies

Yes I do Like the funkies, While Recording at the settings I am using, it lags the game very very much, then figure in the time it takes calculating your shot, remembering to turn on record, and then try and get the camera ready at a good position to record, and then to remember to stop recording so you dont run out of hard drive space makes it a little hard to be skillfull while recording, I also do not want to show a bunch of shots of me whooping up
    on everyone “if I could” that would be a bit egotistical on my part, this is not about me or my skills, it is about having fun.

😉
    The First three letters of Funky are FUN!!!! need I say more 🙂

I will talk to your agent Sondra, this list of demands is outragous!!!
    I dont think I can get Brad Pitt to be your personal assistant….
    and a Diamond encrusted Death’s Head does not exist, I wouldnt
    even know who to talk to about making something like that,
    but I am on the phone to David Lettermen right now,
    he likes your idea of the flying monkeys!!!!

cbx550f
    Participant

*Downloading. Not reading the followup comments until after I watch. 😉

hobbesme
    Participant

It really is a great video.

In three short videos, you’ve very quickly learned how to capture some good sequences from the game & edit them brilliantly with a musical score with the action flowing to the tempo & lyrics of the song.

You also effectively employ transitions between scenes without overdoing it — a common mistake of many film & PowerPoint amatuers.

Great job, DireSoup!

Willis
    Participant

Hmm…

Thier not bad, but I do have a picky issue…

One thing on this new video that just drove me nuts, is the introduction. Each of your video’s that I have seen has an intro scene that is quite overdone.

In the Dogs of War video, 2.5 minutes out of the full 8, are for the intro. Time which either should never have been used (making it a 5.5 min video) or used for some prime scorched footage. Not only does it bore people and make them question if it will ever begin .. if using these ratio’s, the file size if made a 5.5 min video – could become 135 MB in size, instead of current 195. Thats 60 MB!!

The cutscenes between video showing the wolf or earth – they were short and simple so I really can’t grife, better then being extended in length.

One thing I did like, a technique I see your just begining to use – is try to capture more distance shots of action, give people a better idea of what the remaining world is doing, instead of just that one person’s death scene.

On a personal note – if your a fan of any fast heavy metal – try that style 8)

cbx550f
    Participant

@willis wrote:

In the Dogs of War video, 2.5 minutes out of the full 8, are for the intro. Time which either should never have been used (making it a 5.5 min video) or used for some prime scorched footage. Not only does it bore people and make them question if it will ever begin .. if using these ratio’s, the file size if made a 5.5 min video – could become 135 MB in size, instead of current 195. Thats 60 MB!!

Whoa – pretty harsh critic, Willis! lol I partially agree – but a man should be allowed some artistic license.

Keep in mind – this was not meant as a pure “Scorched3d Promo” 😉

@Hobbes wrote:

You also effectively employ transitions between scenes without overdoing it — a common mistake of many film & PowerPoint amatuers.

I couldn’t agree more. My early video edits were too overdone that way. DW, your transitions ROCK. I really like the “Blinded by the Light” one!

Oh, and I rather liked the RIP SoupNazi part. 😉

cbx

DireWolf
    Participant

Whoa – pretty harsh critic, Willis! lol I partially agree – but a man should be allowed some artistic license.

Keep in mind – this was not meant as a pure “Scorched3d Promo” 😉

I dont consider his opinion harsh, it gives me a better perspective on
    what people like or dislike, I had a really good buzz while making it,
    which probably mostly influenced the begining, either way I liked it,
    but I will keep in mind any comments or ideas posted here when making
    future videos.

thank you for your comments, negative and positive.

DireWolf
    Participant

All of the above posts were for the Dogs of war

Deathstryker
    Participant

I like that song. Haven’t heard it in quite a long time.

cbx550f
    Participant

Holy crap – that being your first attempt with a new editing program – it ROCKS!
    The transitions were exceptionally professional looking – I was impressed with the first few, so I started paying attention (having done some video editing before), and I didn’t see anything I could find the SLIGHTEST flaw in. Only thing I can say about transistions: I miss the “blinded by the light” transition 😉

Now as for the rest of it… Cool tune, good action, lots of me in it*, I give it a 7. (Out of 5) 😉
    Really – truly enjoyed it – had to back it up a couple times to replay a scene, laughed out loud a couple times, frame rate seemed improved over the previous (did you do something different when you captured it?)

My only suggestion for your next vid is this: Make sure there IS a next vid. 😉 Lovin’ it, and appreciate the work that went into it.

Cheers!

*My only fear is: I looked sorta skillfull in that vid. I hope people don’t get the wrong impression!

Sondra
    Participant

hmm say… am I still the female star around here? YEAH guess so :D.
    Looove the start ehehe

Deathstryker
    Participant

@sondra wrote:

hmm say… am I still the female star around here? YEAH guess so :D.
    Looove the start ehehe

Ha! Star! What a comedian!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.