This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathbal 6 years ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Hey guys.

As I imagine many you who still visit here regularly should have noticed, scorched seems to be picking up a BIT more attention again slowly, which means that hopefully, we’re emerging out of the storm into a bright new day thanks in part to revitalized effort from many folks.

I think it now needs a little more of a hand and I’d like to throw mine in the ring. With permission from the community, I’ll approach Gavin and the existing admins for final approval, however this is if another oldie joins with me as we’d keep each other in check and ensure that only the best changes would be implimented by us.
    I’ll let that person make themselves known once they’ve made their decision, but post should stand anyway as the settings for the default servers still need tweaking, with the new version being a good time to introduce so as not to mess up a stat series.

So.
    A) How’d you feel about me and (Go on, put ya hand up ya old bastage) *** becoming admins.
    B) voice some ideas you have about improving the balance and enjoyability of the default mods.

Lets do all we can to ensure that there are always people on the servers when we fancy a game and not have to sit for an hour waiting for a newb to come along that’ll get their butts kicked, never to return again!

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

A) How’d you feel about me and (Go on, put ya hand up ya old bastage

if you mean me, i dont want to take on any kind of moderator role and im not getting involved in scuffles, punishments, kicks, bans, slaps and rules. i only do that stuff for fun.

i dont mind taking responsibility for the odd settings change.

leave me out of the poll, but… for what it’s worth, you can have my vote. peanut for admin.

ps:
    do we need a site google +1 button?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Won’t work without you Mr Daddy!

You gots to be there too, cos who else will unban you when you wind me up, there’s rarely an admin online.

Acid22
    Participant

Hey Nut,

Are you sure you could handle being able to write in the blue bit?

It’s quite a responsability 😆

I think you’d make a reasonably competent admin though :wink:………..Personally I’d rather eat my own head than do that job again but as your head is actually a peanut then you should be ok.

Aceeeeeeeed

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@acid22 wrote:

Hey Nut,

Are you sure you could handle being able to write in the blue bit?

It’s quite a responsability 😆

I think you’d make a reasonably competent admin though :wink:………..Personally I’d rather eat my own head than do that job again but as your head is actually a peanut then you should be ok.

Aceeeeeeeed

LMAO!!!

Of course I’d better than you, I’m a southerner, you’re a northerner, we’re better @ everything other than bar fights, bottling people and needing 15 pints to get drunk when 10 will do nicely!

Chopper
    Participant

Well…….this “old” bastage says…..you quit froggin me and I’m down with it. :mrgreen:

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

Well…….this “old” bastage says…..you quit froggin me and I’m down with it. :mrgreen:

So that’s two no from two of the people I respect most in this game.

One cos he won’t join me and keep me under control and the other, well, there’s no way I’m gonna stop froggin, funkin or hammerin ya old chap 😉

Acid22
    Participant

I meant yes. No point me joining you to keep you under control though.

I was called all sorts of names when I was an Idi Admin………Mostly about having so self restraint 😆

Loke
    Participant

Nut for admin? Do mind sharing your idea to attract new chute-less players to this wonderful game 😉 Haven’t met Chop in-game for a while.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@loke wrote:

Haven’t met Chop in-game for a while.

He hides in admin login and susses out who’s on form and who’s not, then only pounces on those that are weaker.

Hence, he’s never in the game, even against bots.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

Wiki updates:

Most of the wiki is years out of date. Anyone have any thoughts on how we go about fixing that? All the docs need an overhaul. I don’t think I have access for wiki edits – I imagine I could get it? I can’t really take on edits as well as styling changes.

Any volunteers?

We probably need a few people to go through the lot. A list of pages and changes needed could be useful.

People needed(?):

1. Someone techy, who likes to get their iptables on and knows an svn from a c++ patch
    2. Someone less techy, to check things are clear and easy for people who dont read CPU process shrinking papers for fun
    3. Someone good at spelling and proofreading, to check for typos/grammars etc

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Good idea, put my name down.

Could tell ya the difference between an SVN and a C++ patch, but only know know what I’m doing with one and hate having to do so.

Anonymous

I’ll give it a go for reading and editing and working bits and piece of it, I can’t really tell you how much time I can put to it but I am sure any help will be good.

First thing would be to link it all properly and some refs to old posts in the forum are no more working (like the popular “why is my name present more than once” in stats)

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@| Hayt | wrote:

First thing would be to link it all properly and some refs to old posts in the forum are no more working (like the popular “why is my name present more than once” in stats)

yeap – there must be all sorts. ID recovery, game settings, firewall stuff for servers. you speak more than one language, too (shows), which prob means your spelling’s better than most of our english player’s : )

what do we need? maybe a few text files to copy paste?

Chopper
    Participant

Man, get more than two of you code monkeys in a room and you start talking about alot of stuff mere mortals don’t understand…

and that wasn’t a “No” Pnut…that was a wish..LOL> Be a good thing for you and scorch. =D>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.