This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

I’ve been working on a server/mod for some time. I’ve recently compiled Scorched with the mysql option (for stats), to find that the executable is now around 70MB rather than its previous 6MB.

In this case every MB counts and if I can’t find a way to shrink it down, I’m not going to be able to have stats on my server.

Are there any compile options/switches that could help me? I’d be perfectly happy with just the server bit and don’t need to play (client) on the server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bobirov
    Participant

I take it this is a linux build? The windows version comes with MySQL support already built in nowadays.

I don’t know much of squat about building on linux so I can’t help there or I would. The only thing I can think of is that you did a debug build? Although I can’t see it making it THAT big. ❓

Brain Damage
    Participant

debugging symbols & unoptimized code can i think; i cannot remember wich flags you need to pass to the configure/autogen scripts to do, so sorry i’m no help

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

yes. linux (debian).

I compiled (sorry, configured) with [sh autogen.sh –disable-openaltest –with-mysql]

(without the disable-openaltest thing, I get errors)

Any idea where I can find a list of switches?

darn my noobness

Brain Damage
    Participant

sh autogen.sh –help for the list of switches

Shotzo
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

I’ve been working on a server/mod for some time. I’ve recently compiled Scorched with the mysql option (for stats), to find that the executable is now around 70MB rather than its previous 6MB.

In this case every MB counts and if I can’t find a way to shrink it down, I’m not going to be able to have stats on my server.

Are there any compile options/switches that could help me? I’d be perfectly happy with just the server bit and don’t need to play (client) on the server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

What compiler didja use?

cbx550f
    Participant

Just do strip -s /usr/local/games/scorched3d/bin/scorched3d
    (Your path may differ)

cbx

Deathstryker
    Participant

This post was just calling CBX’s name. I figured he’d save the day.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.