This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

The headline read :

Arizona to permit handguns in bars.

The measure, backed by the National Rifle Association, will require bar and restaurant owners who want to ban weapons on the premises to post a no-guns sign next to the business’ liquor license.

Certainly knives and chairs are better suited for bar room brawls than guns.

A law requiring all Arizonia bars to furnish a knife to any patron not bringing one of their own might have been better.

bazzz
    Participant

Why cant they give everyone attending bars guns instead of knives? That will reduce the motivation to start a barfight, see it as the nuclear weapons in the world noone dares to use them or the place would get messed up big time.

So logically the world will be better off letting any country that wishes to have nuclear weapons.

Hyde911
    Participant

@bazzz wrote:

Why cant they give everyone attending bars guns instead of knives? That will reduce the motivation to start a barfight, see it as the nuclear weapons in the world noone dares to use them or the place would get messed up big time.

So logically the world will be better off letting any country that wishes so have nuclear weapons.

Brilliant idea! Lets give it to African dictators, and find out how reasonable they are. They have nothing to lose and wouldn’t hesitate to use it.
    It works when only major and stable countries have it. Look what problems we have with North Korea and soon we’ll have problem with Pakistan.

bazzz
    Participant

Surely you mean fantastic idea.The African dictator would be scared to death to use them, if he would there will be others that blow him to pieces. Just like in a bar if every one had guns people wouldnt use them or they would be blown to pieces, just like it would stop people from getting so drunk that they want to start using them.

Perhaps it is better not to restrict the weapon level either if someone brings an automatic weapon to an all handgun bar he would have an unfair advantage, people should bring the best weapon they can afford. Just imagine laying low for a couple of rounds getting interest and then show up at the place with a machine gun.Noone would dare to mess with you and leave you alone in peace.

Just like s3d.

Viking62
    Participant

Just what the world needs. A bunch of drunks with guns……Hmmm.
    They may as well let people drive drunk also in Arizona. Either way;there will be more deaths. That just does’nt make any sense at all, unless this is a way to have all the idiots kill each other =P~

*Maybe a new form of entertainment~ Mental pictures: Saturday night in a bar….weapons drawn….mentally impaired group of guys arguing about who had their quarters on the pool table first for a billiard game* Officer called…..I shot him because I thought I was up next to play. . . . . 😆

Rommel
    Participant

Doesn’t make any sense at all … Hmmm

From the most likey viewpoint you are correct. That is what I thought on the first read. Then I read the article again, more slowly.

@viking62 wrote:

Just what the world needs. A bunch of drunks with guns……Hmmm.
    They may as well let people drive drunk also in Arizona. Either way;there will be more deaths. That just does’nt make any sense at all, unless this is a way to have all the idiots kill each other =P~

Perhaps this apple contains a worm. Looking at it from a few more angles might be prudent. And even then …

All I can say for certain is this :

To effectively institute a police state, it is best if the people can be lead to demand it.

Arizona, John McCain’s state, was noted on my chart of states ranked by intelligence, as the most stupid state. If this is so, they should rightly be easily lead.

The handgun article is only one of many interesting articles you are likely to find if your life allows you enough time to look around. I have a little time, so I look around. You can expect to see Arizona making the news more and more often.

Perhaps we will be lead by Arizona.

Funny Stuff ???

I’m not so sure.

Remember Vlad ? Freedom is chaos.

Perhaps we are about to get a dose large enough to make us sick.

If so, beware your own words and actions. Unlike alcohol, freedom (even limited freedon) once sworn off, is very difficult to obtain if you later change your mind.

The border fence is a very bad idea. Very bad indeed.

Crispy Critter
    Participant

Guns in bars? What could possibly go wrong?

Rommel
    Participant

Tennessee Lawmakers Allow Guns In Bars

“Put the gun away Granny, we ain’t goen to the Bucket ‘O Blood, we’s goen to church.”
    “I knows where we’s goen an we ain’t doen all ‘at stanen an sitten! My lags is weak an ‘is heres the only thang ‘at preacher seems to unerstan.”

Have our officials become so lazy and corrupt that we are willing to sacrifice the innocent, in a flurry of bullets, to maintain “law and order” in bars?

If that is our best solution, then perhaps it is time to mandate that : Every person above the age of 18 shall be trained in marksmanship and shall be legally compelled to wear a loaded side arm at all times.

At least this option gives the innocent a better fighting chance when the action begins. Those under 18 might want to stay inside, in the basement, in the gun safe.

We party a little differenty than you European chaps. Minding your business in our bars is best, even if you’re packing heat. Unless looking for trouble, sit near the door with your back to the wall. At the first sign of a ruckess, exit the building and move away from the door.

In addition to priviate prisons and private protection services, body armour might be wise to add to your list of stock investments for the future.

Note – The Bucket ‘O Blood was not actually in Tennessee but instead on U.S. Hyway 421 east of the I-77 interchange.

Although this list has not been updated to include Arizona, you may find it useful in your travels through the states.

Deathbal
    Participant

I don’t see a problem here. It did say that if they do not want guns in their bar, then they need to post it next to their license, right?

Also remember, if someone wants to bring a concealed weapon into a bar, no law or sign will prevent them.

Rommel
    Participant

I was talking to a little league umpire this afternoon. He’s POed that people are legally allowed to carry concealed weapons to the ball park. According to him, there are more fights between adults at LL games than in bars. Being the umpire, I think I see why he might be more concerned about this than I am.

I’ve got a serious issue with the seat belt law. Many tickets worth of serious.@deathbal wrote:

I don’t see a problem here. It did say that if they do not want guns in their bar, then they need to post it next to their license, right?

Also remember, if someone wants to bring a concealed weapon into a bar, no law or sign will prevent them.

I fail to see why the State can fine me for driving my car alone, without a seatbelt and make it legal to pack heat in an enviroment where one should rightly expect violent outbursts in crowded conditions.

Yes, beside the license is what it said about Arizona but I think that there have been some issues with these statues being too vauge.

Deathbal
    Participant

I agree with you, Rom. But when was the last time you were frisked for a concealed weapon at a bar or LL baseball game? If someone is nuts enough to shoot an umpire, then a law is not going to prevent him from bringing a gun to the game.

Side note. In the state of New Jersey it is illegal to wear a bullet proof vest while committing a murder.

Seat belt laws. I do not believe in any of those laws concerning the inside of your car. Seat belts, car seats, smoking with a child in the car, cell phones, ect….

Rommel
    Participant

When it comes to children, I am inclined to put their saftey and well being above our rights to do as we please. If we do not utilize the freedoms we have been provided, to ensure a better future for the children, then we do not deserve these freedoms. If this idea that we have a RIGHT to do as we please at our childrens expense is allowed to continue, we will soon prove that we deserve no freedoms at all.

Legal rights, although we like to think that they were given by God, are actually gifts that we, as a society, have showered upon ourselves. Therefore, those not properly respected and protected are likely to be taken by society.

Society giveth and society taketh away.

We do not allow parents the right to rape a child in the privacy of their own home, so perhaps parents should have no right to close a child up in a box and fill it with toxic smoke. My parents had that right and thank goodness I still have the right to smoke 2 packs of Marlboro Red 100’s every day.

P.S. – Although never frisked at a cut throat bar, I have been to HUGE night clubs where I was frisked with a metal detecting wand followed by hands on (when required). Most likely a good thing too. When you have people packed in so tightly that you can hardly move through the crowd, any altercatation is apt to be nasty due the inability of anyone to get away.

A good idea is to always carry a strong drink when away from your table. A blinded opponent is an easy kill … or if you prefer … can’t catch you. Weapons, both offensive and defensive are everywhere and only a select few are outlawed.

The brain, being the best weapon of all, should be used first. The others, as required.

Deathbal
    Participant

Although I agree with you on protecting children, you still have to draw the line somewhere. I am more of a live and let live kind of guy. Within reason of course. What you have to be careful with are gateway laws. Yes, I made that up. Kind of like a gateway drug. First they stop smoking in public places. Then it goes to your car. Eventually it will go to your house. It is not the governments job to parent our children. The government becomes too intrusive when it starts to make laws to run our day to day lives. What next, you’ll be fined for allowing your child to be over weight? Force kids to wear helmets riding their bike or the parent gets fined? Oh wait, that is a law already.

No sir. I believe some sacrifice is always required to maintain your individual freedoms.

Rommel
    Participant

As do I but the sacrifice required to obtain and hold freedom is blood, bones, limbs, life and worst of all, sanity. Hollow words proclaiming support for the troops, spouted by those that have effectively avoided paying their fair share of taxes, should rightly fall, only on the ears of the deaf.@deathbal wrote:

Although I agree with you on protecting children, you still have to draw the line somewhere. I am more of a live and let live kind of guy. Within reason of course. What you have to be careful with are gateway laws. Yes, I made that up. Kind of like a gateway drug. First they stop smoking in public places. Then it goes to your car. Eventually it will go to your house. It is not the governments job to parent our children. The government becomes too intrusive when it starts to make laws to run our day to day lives. What next, you’ll be fined for allowing your child to be over weight? Force kids to wear helmets riding their bike or the parent gets fined? Oh wait, that is a law already.

No sir. I believe some sacrifice is always required to maintain your individual freedoms.

Hopefully, in time, the sacrifices made by those in the field will be at least, properly supported financialy by those sleeping comfortably, at home in their own beds. This has not been the case recently. Instead, we charge our police actions against our massive credit line and then tell the returning vets that there is no funding available to help them. War was not actually declared, there is no war tax funding available.

A new name is going on the wall, quietly and with little fanfare, much the way this man lived after returning home.

Walter Scott Brank III – 3 tours – Vietnam – Suicide – 6-23-09

All paid some, some paid all.

Rest in peace.

In any case, the caution here is not to get in too big of a hurry to swear off your freedoms. Even if you get sick of being waterboarded with the freedoms they pour down your throats, resist the urge to say enough and try to smile.

Taking some of our freedoms with one hand while giving us others by the bucket full sseems to be a very effective tactic. If so, this will be hard to combat effectively if not undertaken with great care.

Best wishes for the future

Rommel
    Participant

Abandoning this thread with only the note of Mr. Branks untimely
    passing was a disservice to humanity. Love for the lives of others
    is expressed by many but generally, it is only observed in movies.

===========================================================

Military Times – Hall of Valor
    SILVER STAR
    [attachment=0:1gynovbx]medals_silver_star_100x200.jpg[/attachment:1gynovbx]

Awarded for actions during the Vietnam War

The President of the United States of America takes pleasure in presenting the
    Silver Star to Lance Corporal Walter Scott Brank, III (MCSN: 2212179), United
    States Marine Corps, for conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action while
    serving with Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron ONE HUNDRED SIXTY-FIVE
    (HMM-165), Marine Aircraft Group THIRTY-SIX (MAG-36), FIRST Marine Aircraft
    Wing, in connection with operations against insurgent communist (Viet Cong)
    forces in the Republic of Vietnam. On 5 May 1968, Lance Corporal Brank
    launched as Crew Chief aboard the lead aircraft in a section of two CH-46
    helicopters assigned an emergency medical evacuation mission in support of a
    friendly unit which was heavily engaged with a numerically superior North
    Vietnamese Army force northeast of Dong Ha in Quang Tri Province. Arriving
    over the designated area, he was advised that two groups of Marines had
    been pinned down for fifteen hours within 150 meters of the enemy positions
    and had sustained several casualties. Upon completing extraction of the first
    group of men, his helicopter sustained extensive battle damage and crashed in
    a nearby rice paddy. After ensuring that his passengers had exited the burning
    aircraft, Lance Corporal Brank moved into the cockpit where he found his
    co-pilot seriously wounded in the leg. Rapidly assisting him from the helicopter,
    he ignored the hostile rounds impacting near him and resolutely carried the
    casualty to a position of relative safety. Alertly observing a rescue helicopter
    land, he fearlessly carried the injured officer aboard the aircraft. His bold
    initiative and sincere concern for the welfare of his comrades inspired all who
    observed him and were instrumental in saving the life of a fellow Marine. By his
    courage, resolute determination and steadfast devotion to duty in the face of
    great personal danger, Lance Corporal Brank upheld the highest traditions of
    the Marine Corps and of the United States Naval Service

Action Date: 5-May-68

Service: Marine Corps

Company: Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron 165 (HMM-165)

Division: 1st Marine Aircraft Wing

===========================================================

War conditioning attempts to convince soldiers that the enemy
    is nothing more than a target to be destroyed. Only those that
    accept this way of thinking can be expected to sleep peacefully.

For others, it is not as easy as it might seem.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.