This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  KTM Rider 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

DireWolf
    Participant

Made this the other night and it was SCORCHIN good!

Habanero Jelly

Yields: 7 half-pint jars

Ingredients:

* 3 large fleshy orange bell peppers
    * 5 ripe habanero peppers
    * 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
    * 7 cups sugar
    * 9 fl oz liquid fruit pectin (Certo or equivalent)

Remove stems, seeds and membranes from all peppers (use gloves when handling the habaneros…yes… seriously… USE GLOVES!). Put peppers and the vinegar in a blender and process until smooth. Combine pepper-vinegar puree and all the sugar in a non-corrosive pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for twenty (20) minutes. Remove from heat and strain through cheesecloth into another pan. Add pectin and bring to a full rolling boil while stirring. Boil about one minute, remove from heat and ladle into sterile jars.

Serve with cream cheese and crackers!! its the *BOMB*

BigBear
    Participant

Oh noes, don’t remove the membranes. Most of the “kick” is in there!!! Then again we are talking Habaneros, so hmmm … 😉

Seriously though, it sounds delicious and I’m gonna have to try it out!!! 😀

KTM Rider
    Participant

I’ve always loved what the vinegar does to salsa. My Mother has made salsa since…….. forever, and the defining moment in her salsa making career was when she stumbled upon vinegar.

I’ll have to pass thing one along to some friends, it sounds fabulous! Thanks for sharing, DireWolf.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.