This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Levi the Oracle 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Levi the Oracle
    Participant

I am Levi. Don’t pronounce it like Levi the blue jeans. Levi should rhyme with Chevy, and I may be a little heavy but of games, I play a bevy.

I played the original scorched earth in 2d, and played a lot of it hotseat. We had a ball with it. I had no idea anyone was continuing to work on it. The 3d version appears to be very good.

I hope you guys like to play tournaments cause I like to run them.

Viking62
    Participant

Welcome Levi-Thanks for joining the forum. Hope to see you ingame soon again…You shoot pretty good for a new guy 😉 (Not so new-He played the 2D version)

Chopper
    Participant

Welcome back….where are you from? Tell us a little more about yourself.

Some of the tournaments got difficult since the vast timezone differences made things a little difficult. Players now come here from around the world.

Levi the Oracle
    Participant

I am a little concerned about disclosing too much information about myself. I have participated in online communities for other games before, and when the troublemakers find out personal information, they try to abuse it. 😡

I am from the United States. I work as an independent computer consultant, so I have lots of free time. I am currently mostly unemployed because I was doing telephone technical support, but my job was outsourced during the Bush administration. 👿

I am 45 years old, and am a guy. I am married and have two dogs and two cats, but no kids. I own my own home, shovel my own snow and mow my own lawn.

I was very involved with the game Civilization. When Civ3 play the world came out, I worked as an admin, founding the mp civ league, and working as their head tournament director. When civ4 came out, I joined that league as a HTD only. I have had lots of experience with running tournaments across multiple time zones.

Right now I just need to learn the basics of the game. With luck a few veterans can bring me up to speed. I certainly don’t need to learn every mod, but the more I know, the better the tournaments I run will be.

Maybe someone who knows can bring me up to speed on what has been done so far in the way of tournaments. I did see a few events somewhere on this forum, so I am curious about what formats were used, what mods, etc.

Chopper
    Participant

Certainly not trying to intrude or get you to disclose anything, we’re a pretty tight knit community and to my knowledge something like you experienced has not happened here.

Anyway, welcome aboard..sounds like you’re an experienced tournament guy. Search it up here and you’ll see our history.

Viking62
    Participant

Thanks for sharing “Levi”. If you want, go ahead & edit anything out of your post that you do not feel comfortable with. . . .Google bots like to grab info. You do not have to worry too much about us here in the forum. You spoke of some of your skills ingame the other day. Thanks again for joining this forum and like da Chop said: feel free to look around. If you have any questions-If you cannot find an answer in the forum, Feel free to PM any of the active members you see posting in the forums. Again, welcome & may your stay be filled with good stats & very few self kills 😉

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Welcome 😀

Kanga

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Welcome aboard Levi I am also a 2d veteran, failed out of college the first time due to my love of the game #-o

Haven’t had the privelage of meeting you in game yet but am looking forward to it.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Levi :

Welcome aboard. Someone told me that you were having a
    little trouble getting a server on-line. Something about your
    IP Address perhaps.

I hope you have it working but if not, give a yell. Thrax,
    Laptop’s Daddy, Panther and several other experienced
    server operators frequent these threads and reply very
    promptly.

It’s a little game we play to see who can be the most
    helpful the fastest. Feel free to toss us a bone anytime.

Good luck,

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Again :

Perhaps I should phrase my question in the form of a question :

Did you get your server up and running ?

Hopefully you did and have been too busy
    Scorching your friend to check back in with us.

Best wishes,

Rommel

Levi the Oracle
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Did you get your server up and running ?

I did, and I apologize for not getting back to you on it, I was not frequenting this forum when you posted this.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.