This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Raden 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Deathbal
    Participant

Does anyone know of a good program that clean out what is left of my graphics driver after I uninstall it? Or clean out the remnants of any graphics drivers that may be present?

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

a lot of people recommend driver sweeper. newer drivers for ati and nv come with options to install clean anyway, these days, i think, unless they changed that.

Raden
    Participant

ATI or Nvidia? I am not familiar with Nvidia, but for ATI, when you run the installer for the new driver, there is an option to uninstall the currently installed driver before proceeding with installing the new driver, that should take care of completely removing the old driver.
    If you have already uninstalled it, but just wanna check whether any remnants remain then you can try a good registry cleaner to clean up all leftovers…Yamicsoft Windows Manager is a good one, its a multi tool utility program, I think CCleaner (free) also has a reasonably good registry cleaner. I am not sure whether Revo Uninstaller uninstalls drivers, but I think Revo Uninstaller Pro does.

naka
    Participant

Hi bal. do you know how I miss the big tight fights. 🙄

Deathbal
    Participant

Actually it is an intel HD graphics driver.

Hello naka. I’ll have to check more often, but when I do I usually see no one in main except a bot.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

Does anyone know of a good program that clean out what is left of my graphics driver after I uninstall it? Or clean out the remnants of any graphics drivers that may be present?

Format c:
    🙂

Chopper
    Participant

advance system care gets rid of alot of crap, use the deep scan

oh and Mr DBall……..Com’On Down!

Deathbal
    Participant

Like I said in a different post, I got a new i5 and the only thing holding it back was the graphics card.

So I bought a Gforce 450 on sale and it is like I have a different pc.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

What PSU did you get to power it?

300W would be enough, but I doubt you have more than 200 stated for the 12v rail, let alone the amount that the PSU can actually pump out through 12v.

Pretty good choice tho, the price is very low on the 4xx series Nvidias as they were handicapped coming out the fabs.

Deathbal
    Participant

Actually it required at least a 400 watt power supply. I got some generic 520. I know I know, I’ll probably fry my motherboard as a result.

I was just surprised at the difference. Why would you sell a decent PC with such a weak video card? What good is the nice processor and 12 gigs ram if it is being held back by the video?

naka
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

I know I know, I’ll probably fry my motherboard as a result.

You cant fry anything using more powerful PSU. That power is just maximum power that PSU can sustain without trigger its own overloading protection circuit. Using more powerful PSU does Not mean it overloading MB.

For example if you computer draw 300W (and your psu is 520W) it means that PSU will supply 300W to your computer and thats all. The rest 220 W is just reserve.

Deathbal
    Participant

Naka, I know. What I meant was I got a generic brand. My brother in law always told me to get a name brand power supply. Instead I bought a cheaper model. 😀

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

12 gigs ram…

wow. is that really what it came with?

@deathbal wrote:

I got some generic 520. I know I know…

i guess you cant learn from other people’s mistakes.

for what it’s worth, you often find with cheap power supplies, they’ll be really noisy. and often the reason is, theyll add a plastic sheet half covering the inner side of the fan (i guess to focus airflow onto otherwise less than adequate heatsinks). if yours has that… a ‘tip’ if you can call it that, to heed at your peril – that crap can probably be removed without any ill effects so long as the case is properly cooled elsewhere. (it’d void the warranty – but, prob makes little difference if it’s a cheap generic).

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

What system did you get then?

If it’s Intel and new (12GB ram says new) then the onchip GPU is actually OK, just not for games!

I guess that’s what happens when you go and buy a new PC without consulting the S3D forums and having myself, Lappy, Raden and Naka giving you tips and picking out some good systems for you.

You’ll have to come asking for help more and more now to find ways around your silly silly purchase.

Bloody colonials!

Deathbal
    Participant

The system is fine. It just came with a poor integrated video card and a 300 watt power supply.

An intel i5 DX4850 with 12 gigs ram and a quad processor. As soon as I replaced the video it runs great. I have noticed no slowdowns what so ever.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.