This topic contains 108 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathbal 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Crispy Critter
    Participant

Regarding power supplies, I’ve been happy with my Corsair units.

A good place to look before buying a PSU would be http://jonnyguru.com/ – chock full of torture-test reviews and teardowns of various units. One takeaway: cheap PSUs that come with cases tend to be trash.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Corsair do stick their name on good PSUs.

Deathbal
    Participant

My brother in law just bought a mother board that supports ATI Radeon Crossfire. He wants to know if buying 2 good cards is any different than one really good card? What are the advantages of having 2 cards as opposed to one good one if any?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

My brother in law just bought a mother board that supports ATI Radeon Crossfire. He wants to know if buying 2 good cards is any different than one really good card? What are the advantages of having 2 cards as opposed to one good one if any?

It’s really for having two really good cards, or support for >3 monitors.

It’s more complicated than that, but best to get a 7950 at the moment, then another one in a year or so when the prices have halved, just before they stop being stocked at the major e-tailers.

Gives lots of power for a semi sensible price.

Deathbal
    Participant

Ok thanks. So two mediocre cards is not the way to go? That is how I was leaning, just wasn’t sure. I’ll let him know. LOL and I am sure he will love the price tag.

Viewing 5 posts - 106 through 110 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.