This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 10 years ago.

• Author

Princey
    Participant

Hey, Now i have just downdraded my PC today. Spec isnt bad, Pentium 4, 3.2 ghz processor, 1 gig ram blah blah blah.. anyway, my old PC was a dual core 4.2 ghz blah blah blah. Now, v41 has brought something to my attention in the water features.

On my old PC i have the graphics maxxed out but in settings the game will not load up in both v40.1 and v41 and it offers to load failsafe settings. Now the same with this PC. Fair enough all normal but what ive narrowed it down to is on the graphic setting i tick the “NO GL EXTENSIONS”. Then the game will load up fine.

Now in v40.1, the water doesnt look to bad but in v41beta3, i can see the outlines in the water, basically the water looks like a grid and just makes the water look poo.

Surely it cant be the graphics cards as both my PCs are less than year old and the specs aren’ t too bad. I’ve seen water shots from v41 from players who seem to have more dated PCs which look great and everything seems to be in order on theirs.

Any ideas guys??

Princey
    Participant

Oh, just to help if none of you know what im jibbering on about, i can post pics.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@princey wrote:

Oh, just to help if none of you know what im jibbering on about, i can post pics.

Pics would be helpful, please 🙂

BigBear
    Participant

@princey wrote:

On my old PC i have the graphics maxxed out but in settings the game will not load up in both v40.1 and v41 and it offers to load failsafe settings. Now the same with this PC. Fair enough all normal but what ive narrowed it down to is on the graphic setting i tick the “NO GL EXTENSIONS”. Then the game will load up fine.

This sounds very much like the problem I’ve had with v41. It works fine with v40.1, but so far I haven’t been able to load a single game with GL extensions turned on in v41. It always terminates when loading the water related stuff (sorry for not being more precise but I uninstalled the beta a few weeks ago). I have a pretty sad rig though heh (well at least when it comes to games). Laptop with 2.7GHz/2GB RAM/Nvidia fx go5200 64MB.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I’m beginning to wonder if it is the size of the graphics card RAM that may be the issue, I really need a card that shows issues to see what’s happening.

My 2 home cards are 2 years old and they works fine. Also my laptop and work desktop are also ok.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.