This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  KTM Rider 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

FREAK
    Participant

I won’t be able to play with my fellow scorchers anymore…

I got Vista for Christmas and I was unaware that Scorched 3D does not work on Vista.

I doubt that I will be able to play again for a long long time now.

I am gonna miss getting my ass blown up by my own rollers and forgetting to activate my chutes.

I am gonna miss getting -1 kills in a game and forget to change my power.

And last and not least I will miss you all so much.

Good luck everyone and have fun.

-FREAK-

Outer
    Participant

@~FREAK~ wrote:

I won’t be able to play with my fellow scorchers anymore…

I got Vista for Christmas and I was unaware that Scorched 3D does not work on Vista.

I doubt that I will be able to play again for a long long time now.

I am gonna miss getting my ass blown up by my own rollers and forgetting to activate my chutes.

I am gonna miss getting -1 kills in a game and forget to change my power.

And last and not least I will miss you all so much.

Good luck everyone and have fun.

-FREAK-

False my friend. Scorched 3d is playable on windows Vista. You just have to download some updates for Opengl and thats all. For me is weird that youre purchase doesnt come with it. As i on vacation right now and dont have much time to read forums my advise is to go to microsoft update site and download de Opengl files, search for them and thats all.

Cya

Outer
    Participant

Ok, spare time for me… just go to start and on windows update. Hell advice what are the updates and he will donwload the necessary stuff to get your vista going.

The AI
    Participant

Where is KTM when you need him? He is on vista and he is not having any major issues.

Who was the person who got you vista anyways? Might of been better if the got you some coal, its more useful, can help heat your house. you can draw with it (great for shading), you can throw it at the neighbors cat (I guess you can do the same with vista).

Or, really big one, don’t use it! claim it had a terminal error on the kernel level or something and get a refund. Talk to some of the *nix wacko’s around here and do a dual boot. Or do a triple boot, XP, Vista, and a *nix.

logic-less rants aside, I am not done with you yet, with the amount of propeller heads here (whats laptops job again?) there is no way we cant fix this.

KTM Rider
    Participant

Easy fix. All I did was right-click on Scorched3D’s exe file, went to properties, the compatibility tab, and set it to run in compatibility mode for XP (Service Pack 2). That did it for me. Need pictures? I like taking pictures.

So, do you like Vista? That’ll change. You’ll change what you think of it several times.

Hope that helps. If you need something more detailed, holler.

Etarion
    Participant

Scorched runs on Vista here without any changes … stock Vista + windows updates

BOY
    Participant

silly Freak, now hurry back. 🙂

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I cant believe ya all trying to help freak get back on scorched…

Think about it people…

thats right…

Now delete ya posts before he can read them

Irishbandit
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

I cant believe ya all trying to help freak get back on scorched…

Think about it people…

thats right…

Now delete ya posts before he can read them

LOL 😆 😆 😆

The AI
    Participant

But without Freak we have no destruction mod; and if we don’t have destruction mod, we will have no big booms. Very simple, no? Also, with Freak gone, how will he be able to help me?

KTM Rider
    Participant

Okay, I just did a test. A completely new install of Vista on a new partition, with no tweaks (well, I did change the Sidebar clock). With Automatic Updates on (and all 150 bloody megabytes of updates), Scorched does play fine. No tweaking needed at all, you were right, Etarion and Outer.

So, are you even monitoring this Freak? Anyone have his e-mail if he isn’t?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.