This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Jock 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@np-theoutlaw wrote:

…a club already in place with plenty of members that “hate their graphic card”

i love my graphics cards. lots and often.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I dont hate mine, but I dont like it much at all…
    Roll on FINALLY getting the new one, should it ever happen (which I am coming to doubt).

BOY
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

@np-theoutlaw wrote:

…a club already in place with plenty of members that “hate their graphic card”

i love my graphics cards. lots and often.

I’m pretty sure thats the pron the card puts out that you’re lovin’ 😉

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

i’d rather have an 8800GT with 1GB memory and a 24″ screen that that lappy.
    Yes 1GB, the higher resolutions will take advantage of it, especially over the next 12-18 months

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

i’d rather have an 8800GT with 1GB memory…

pervert

Jock
    Participant

I just looked at the post and realised you have bought the card i had in my computer when i bought it, 5 years ago!

I upgraded to a geforce 5700 le PNY technologies and now it is just lying around collecting dust! as i upgraded to geforce 7600 gs.

If you pay the postage you can have it, but i take it it will be compatible for american computers. I know nothing about that side of things, i’d imagine being a pc that all is universal!

Anyway i know this is a little to late as you have just bought one, but hey it’s an offer!

BOY
    Participant

heh, cool 🙂

I might take you up on it, but one reason I took the lowest end card I could was I figured it would ultimately draw less power and my power supply is 250W I don’t want to upgrade it. heh.

UK electricity is at 240V AC and here it is 120V AC I think. But that should not matter since the PCs use DC, hmmmmmm.

interesting 😛

Rommel
    Participant

Hi BOY:

Always good to see a post from you.@boy wrote:

heh, cool 🙂

I might take you up on it, but one reason I took the lowest end card I could was I figured it would ultimately draw less power and my power supply is 250W I don’t want to upgrade it. heh.

UK electricity is at 240V AC and here it is 120V AC I think. But that should not matter since the PCs use DC, hmmmmmm.

interesting 😛

Don’t be too surprised if the shipping is more than buying another card. 😉 You are correct that the card isn’t a voltage concern. I can’t remember how long exactly, but for some time now, laptop power supplies have been dual voltage and auto switching. As far back as the 286 (can’t get an eye on the 8088 without a trip to the attic) desktop power supplies had a manually switched dual voltage power supply which converted and regulated the output voltages to the components.

If you’d like (sans shipping of course) I’ll send a truckload of really neat stuff your way. I’ve got an external Everex 4800 BPS speaker phone still in the box with all the software and all kinds of other things that might make a good boat anchor or a decent door stop. If nothing else, old equipment is a great source of jumpers, screws, cables, etc., and I need to empty out my storage building ASAP. If you’ll take it all, I’ll throw in a complete, STILL IN THE BOX, copy of Windows 3.0 !!! Yes, I know it’s a collectors item and with the equipment I’ll send, you’ll soon have a Windows 3.0 machine set up and crashing in no time. 😯

Best wishes,

Rommel

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i wasn’t going to comment. : ) kind of thought it went without saying.

it would cost you about £20 to send a boxed gcard to the US by airmail (uninsured). (about 40 dollars as is?)

a second hand 5200 is worth, literally nothing.

i have several 7300’s and a couple of 6600’s i could send you. (among boxes full of other crap) (3-4 times the speed of a 5200). even then it’s nowhere near worth the postage.

you could buy a 6600 from ebay for about 15 US dollars.

just, regarding international voltage stuff. psu’s don’t always give you the choice for input, but psu dc output is standard (atx), as is agp/pci express.

Jock
    Participant

Man you try and do a good deed and everyone poo poo’s the idea 🙄

Postage maybe too expensive i have no idea, but it’s the thought that counts. Right? 😯

Oh and lappy it was a 5700
    😉

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.