This topic contains 51 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Thrax 12 years, 1 month ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #24020

    comedown
    Participant

    I agree with apache on the subject of making everyone wait just because someone dirted you.

    It’s basically the same as saying “don’t shoot at me, or I’ll ruin everyones fun.”

    Or, simply “I can shoot you, but you’re not allowed to shoot at me!”

    That’s just childish, mandy.

    Dirting other people is perfectly “legal”. If someone dirts you, you don’t throw a temper tantrum and try to “punish” everyone else just because you weren’t prepared. You either dig yourself out, or you skip your move.

    The people this thread is about are repeated self-dirt’ers. They are the ones no-one likes.

    #24021

    BigBear
    Participant

    @comedown wrote:

    I agree with apache on the subject of making everyone wait just because someone dirted you.

    It’s basically the same as saying “don’t shoot at me, or I’ll ruin everyones fun.”

    Or, simply “I can shoot you, but you’re not allowed to shoot at me!”

    That’s just childish, mandy.

    Dirting other people is perfectly “legal”. If someone dirts you, you don’t throw a temper tantrum and try to “punish” everyone else just because you weren’t prepared. You either dig yourself out, or you skip your move.

    The people this thread is about are repeated self-dirt’ers. They are the ones no-one likes.

    I’m gonna stay out of the allowed-vs-not-allowed-expressions-of-frustration debate, but feel that I at the risk of repeating myself have to make a comment. Am I the only one who is worried what will happen to the game if more people start using offensive dirting? Even if you have diggers or riot bombs to dig out, your available rotation angle will be far less than 360 deg. Very crippling! And if you dig upwards you will be limited to 50+ deg vertical angles, all while sitting in the middle of a wok pan. Roooooooooooooooollertime!!! Even more crippling! As I said before offensive dirting is all about taking away the ability of the opponent and none about utilizing your own skill imho. This is not the direction in which I’d like to see gameplay heading. Personally I do not agree with the notion that an unbalanced weapon should be left untampered in the game because it was there in the original.

    This is not meant as criticism to earlier replies. I’m just looking for input from the community on an instance of genuine concern.

    #24022

    comedown
    Participant

    @bigbear wrote:

    @comedown wrote:

    I agree with apache on the subject of making everyone wait just because someone dirted you.

    It’s basically the same as saying “don’t shoot at me, or I’ll ruin everyones fun.”

    Or, simply “I can shoot you, but you’re not allowed to shoot at me!”

    That’s just childish, mandy.

    Dirting other people is perfectly “legal”. If someone dirts you, you don’t throw a temper tantrum and try to “punish” everyone else just because you weren’t prepared. You either dig yourself out, or you skip your move.

    The people this thread is about are repeated self-dirt’ers. They are the ones no-one likes.

    Am I the only one who is worried what will happen to the game if more people start using offensive dirting? Even if you have diggers or riot bombs to dig out, your available rotation angle will be far less than 360 deg. Very crippling! And if you dig upwards you will be limited to 50+ deg vertical angles, all while sitting in the middle of a wok pan. Roooooooooooooooollertime!!! Even more crippling!

    That’s also exactly what diggers do when used offensively. 😉

    And no-one has a problem with people who dig………. Yet. 🙄

    It seems that no matter what time it is, what day it is, or what the subject is, there’s always someone complaining about something being used against them. Funkies, Sandhogs, Shields, Money, etc. etc. etc., and now Dirt.

    Seriously, it’s like you can’t even fire a tracer these days without someone crying like a baby afterwards.

    @Soup wrote:

    we all should dirt ourselves every round, no killing just dirt, put on some hippie beads and meditate! change the name of the game to just “EARTH” the higher your pile of dirt gets, the closer to God you get, and you can score virtual enlightenment points, for making peace and not killing, and not blowin shit up, makes ya just want to put a flower in your hair huh?

    It seems like some people actually would prefer things that way. ^

    Ranting aside though, people who dirt others are doing nothing wrong. People who repeatedly dirt themselves however, although they are not playing “unfairly”, basically just aren’t playing at all. They’re just wasting others’ time.

    Re: Your concerns about the use of offensive dirting increasing though, BigBear, I can’t say it’s something I see happening a lot. But if it did, it’d be no different to the use of diggers.

    There used to be quite a few frequent users of the dirt/napalm tactic around, (nowhere near as many as the dig/roll’ers) but the number of those users has dropped a lot, and they’re almost extinct now. I don’t think you have much to worry about on that front.

    #24023

    BOY
    Participant

    @comedown wrote:

    That’s also exactly what diggers do when used offensively. 😉

    And no-one has a problem with people who dig………. Yet. 🙄
    GOOD POINT

    It seems that no matter what time it is, what day it is, or what the subject is, there’s always someone complaining about something being used against them. Funkies, Sandhogs, Shields, Money, etc. etc. etc., and now Dirt.

    Seriously, it’s like you can’t even fire a tracer these days without someone crying like a baby afterwards.

    @Soup wrote:

    we all should dirt ourselves every round, no killing just dirt, put on some hippie beads and meditate! change the name of the game to just “EARTH” the higher your pile of dirt gets, the closer to God you get, and you can score virtual enlightenment points, for making peace and not killing, and not blowin shit up, makes ya just want to put a flower in your hair huh?

    ROFLMAO!!
    I must have missed soups comment. I am IN! Take me to the EARTH MOD!!!! I can see the light… err, wait i cant see anything, I’m covered in dirt.

    It seems like some people actually would prefer things that way. ^

    Ranting aside though, people who dirt others are doing nothing wrong. People who repeatedly dirt themselves however, although they are not playing “unfairly”, basically just aren’t playing at all. They’re just wasting others’ time.
    .

    YEP

    thank you all for your valuable comments… R2 says that the odds of any further NEW inteligent ideas on this subject appearing are 1,475,521 to 1 😯

    Therefore untill further notice…this topic is under direct spam attack. Let the spamming campaign begin ❗

    #24024

    BigBear
    Participant

    @comedown wrote:

    That’s also exactly what diggers do when used offensively. 😉

    And no-one has a problem with people who dig………. Yet. 🙄

    I do no agree that the two have exactly the same effect, but further elaboration seems pointless anyway so just forget it.

    I wasn’t looking too whine, just debate an issue I had. But hey, never mind that just bring on the spammers or whatever …

    #24025

    BOY
    Participant

    Bear, I hope yo dont think i thought you were whining, I wasnt accusing anyone of whining, I thought your comments were intelligent. I actually agree with you I think, just not really sure what you meant when you said you would be “worried” by more common offensive dirt tactic. the description you gave was a good reason to dirt the enemy 😕 . the thing is, after a good dialague like you and comedown have added ….people may have to just aggree to disagree and come up with their own personal policy / stratagy. that just leave spamming or griping… 😛 I can do both, but seems those round here like spamming the most.

    OK, no spam yet

    #24026

    comedown
    Participant

    BigBear, it’s not you whom I saw as being “whiney”, lol.

    Just to put that straight.

    As for spam, I feel I must protest against those who use it offensively, as well as those who cover themselves in it for protection.

    #24027

    BigBear
    Participant

    @boy wrote:

    Bear, I hope yo dont think i thought you were whining, I wasnt accusing anyone of whining, I thought your comments were intelligent. I actually agree with you I think, just not really sure what you meant when you said you would be “worried” by more common offensive dirt tactic. the description you gave was a good reason to dirt the enemy 😕 . the thing is, after a good dialague like you and comedown have added ….people may have to just aggree to disagree and come up with their own personal policy / stratagy. that just leave spamming or griping… 😛 I can do both, but seems those round here like spamming the most.

    OK, no spam yet

    @comedown wrote:

    BigBear, it’s not you whom I saw as being “whiney”, lol.

    Just to put that straight.

    No worries! Sorry for the missunderstanding(s)! I for one would still like to hear some more points of view if someone would be interested in contributing.

    #24028

    Cinnibar
    Participant

    – I think it would be amusing to have bots that dirt themselves if they get injured.

    – I think it’s reasonable that the larger-size dirt weapons should increase in price and/or inflict damage.

    – Dirt has it’s place in a battle, as an obstruction, an offensive measure, and a last-ditch defense. If dirt truly dominates a server or wins excessively, balance adjustments should be addressed.

    – Dirt as a mechanism to defend should compromise shields. I can’t see how you could keep a shield activated inside a pile of dirt.

    – Sandhogs and diggers should target the buried tank, not explode on the surface. Can’t imagine the programming this would require. If you’re under a pile of dirt, and a digger/sandhog goes off on you under the pile, your parachutes would not function… or should get auto-turned off when you’re dirted. If you dirt yourself, and chutes cannot be enabled, you might be an easier kill for an explosive that clears the dirt and sends you for a tumble.

    – Similarly, napalm SHOULDN’T hurt a buried tank unless it’s near the surface and/or is in close proximity to the actual flamage. I’ve been killed by a mountain of dirt/napalm combo a couple times, and I find it irritating because it just flat doesn’t make sense.

    #24029

    SPYRER
    Participant

    Point One: As Mandy’s husband her tactic of waiting 45 secounds to shoot is not dirt related, she uses the time to open up other web sites or to do others things, like chat with the other players.

    **EDIT I have just been informed that she waits to see if other’s put up their shield or not***

    Point Two: Dirt one your self or others was is and will ever be a debated tactic deal with it!

    Point Three Instead of doing a major game change just make it simple, for all those that dislike dirt tactic make a dirt buster. Multishot weapons have been around for a while so make the first shot a riot bomb with a large radius and the follow up shot napalm. Uncover your target and burn the grave site. Simple and fun, make the weapon the near the cost of dirt.

    Point four:Making other players wait is a worse tactic then dirt

    Just my piece here but you might consider the BBQ pit maker weapon 😈

    #24030

    DireWolf
    Participant

    TOO MUCH DRAMA!!!!

    🙄

    #24031

    HWB
    Participant

    DIRT RULES!!! It is Amazing what you can use dirt for.
    I

      You can make a backboard to throw rollers at.
      Naplam rules In missile pockmark or Mirv ditch.
      A wall for incoming roller missle or digger.
      Stick a tank on the map. (Hardcore player will leave you there until the end.)

    😡 Dirt is Bad!!! 😡 Falic is no good (I recommend all players team-up when a player does this.)
    It is bad on turrets or ghost eye balls

    BWT Dirt sticks in Mandy’s hair that’s why she does not like dirt. I bet 5 easy kills that Mandy will do not say “Dirt is usefull”ever.

    BWTT I am not one to dirty myself but it happens(A Dirty CBX !!! 😈 When this happens to you sit there and think about what you done).

    #24032

    jdog
    Participant

    lower the cost of sandhogs!

    #24033

    BOY
    Participant

    As for spam, I feel I must protest against those who use it offensively, as well as those who cover themselves in it for protection.

    HOW DARE YOU! 😀

    BWT Dirt sticks in Mandy’s hair that’s why she does not like dirt. I bet 5 easy kills that Mandy will do not say “Dirt is usefull”ever

    ROFL!

    lower the cost of sandhogs!

    🙄
    ohpleasejesusgod ❗ save me from the horror of it all.

    #24034

    DeVice
    Participant

    Takes note of buying dirt next time he meet mandy ingame

    Tu veux me tuer ? Essayes depuis la-dessous !* 🙂

    * You want to kill me? Try from under this !

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.