This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Spectrum 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

DireWolf
    Participant

It is kind of strange to give a combatant money to buy weapons to kill you with 😈
    I do it. but I am thinking on stopping, I am wondering what others opinions are on this subject?

I do understand it is a friendly gesture, but I have had it backfire on me before being shown no mercy in return, which I also understand, Im just saying……

I am also curious if gifting is considered into stats and how that works, does it lessen your skill points at all? any effects on stats besides loss of money earned?

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Mate I gift, skip turns, and miss sometimes on purpose for players all the time. Its just common courtesy, whats the point of being number one if you 1) dont keep it competitive 2) no one likes you?

A person who captures the first place spot without gifting is good, but add gifting and they bcome an excellent and FUN player. Stats may not track it, but those around you do. Often times the recieving player has come into the game late, and has no chance of game recovery, therefore they realize they are playing a losing hand.

No one likes to be in that situation, everyone has fun with toys. Which is the reason we are here right? To have fun and relax with companions who take the same time out of their day to come visit?

Stats are important, especially if a prize is involved, but sometimes the stats blind us to what is truely important. Our societies teach us that success and hapines is directly tied to income and wealth, but is that really true?

Do you see my point? I would rather play a closer game and have fun, then dominate a poor opponent for the skill points, which might even make them leave. Who goes about kicking homeless people for a world record right? Its just civil mate, its a great tradition and most games dont give you an option as we do here, its one of the things that makes scorched 3d unique.

In the end its your call mate, your a big boy.

Armor

Andrey_S
    Participant

I think it’s like in real life — gifting doesn’t make one owe you smth… Just friendly gesture encouraging fair play (since there no admins who can restart server)… As for the skill points, PR offered smth about it I guess…

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6547

DireWolf
    Participant

Damn… very well spoken.
    I am not one to boast about being ranked #1, because it is not a true measure of skill, I am ranked #1 because I play more, not because of skill, and I do realize that.
    I asked this question for many reasons, there have been quite a few times I have gifted and right afterwards have that person leave the server, I end up wondering if I offended this person by my gift, like maybe it was an insult to their skill level, so then I feel bad, and get my butt kicked by your DEVIL SPAWN BOTS 😈 because I gave away half my cash, and other times it seems expected by certain players, which can also be uncomfortable, but……
    on the other hand it is great to gift to a player who starts late and have a really good game because of it, one of those games where it does not matter who won, it was just that much fun!

I noticed that I was being shot at by everyone quite a bit, felt like I had a target on my ass!
    When this wise ol chap Cambo tells me… “You do have a target on your ass, your #1”
    The words sunk in, so I felt the urge to keep my cash finding myself pitted sometimes against more than one player with skills better than my own trying to kill me because of rank 😯
    as far as asking how it effects rank, while checking the stats page I did not see stats for gifting “which I may have missed”, but I wondered if there should be one? or is that a more of a personal thing?

But again I understand your view, it would be easy for people to mistake intentions, and I would never want to be hated, I just want to have fun, my rank is what it is because I play alot, I hope other will try and take this dreaded rank off my back, by playing more than I or by skill, either way. untill then…. it is mine!!!! 😈 😈 😈

I am still curious how others feel about this subject though.

thank you for your wise words AW.

Chopper
    Participant

What AW said……….it is a friendly game after all. Cheerz.

BOY
    Participant

If I were you, I would not gift me. But do gift a newbie that runs out of money that dont know what he’s doin….. :mrgreen:

Crispy Critter
    Participant

Then again, I hopped on main to find someone who had just joined… and after I killed him in the first round I gifted some money to try to keep things going – only to be rewarded with him rage quitting after I hit him with a baby digger first thing next round.

zombie
    Participant

well, just look this issue with another angle. If you r giving money to fellow players with anticipation of good behaviour, then Sir, it is not gift, it is bribe. 😆

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I’m a gifter for late joiners, newbs and those that are struggling against me in a game and I have a choice to:

a) buy the remaining rounds through big weapons/shields against their weak ass crap
    b) End the game with a bunch of money that’s not been used for anything
    c) Gift opponent(s)

I prefer to gift and keep the remaining rounds interesting and fair. Even if I’m playing better than my opponent, at least it gives them a CHANCE to win a round or two.

However, if someone’s a troll and/or continually to hoard money and ‘buys’ later rounds, then they can go swivel on my cash stash when I’m in the ascendency.

The attribute that used to make this game so great was the friendliness of the community and enjoyment taken in PLAYING and HELPING rather than just winning. Much of that has been slipping away. Continue to do what’s right, not what everyone else is doing and that attitude may return!

Chopper
    Participant

gift me! make my day! I need the hammers, Pnut took ’em all.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

gift me! make my day! I need the hammers, Pnut took ’em all.

Took?

You threw them at me!

However it shows how good you are that I’m still here :p

Spectrum
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

The attribute that used to make this game so great was the friendliness of the community and enjoyment taken in PLAYING and HELPING rather than just winning. Much of that has been slipping away. Continue to do what’s right, not what everyone else is doing and that attitude may return!

Not only in this game but MANY online games…when I played Halo 3 on my box a few years back half of the players were more interested in the win than the FUN of the game.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.