This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 11 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Bobirov
    Participant

He added in some new landscapes and a bunch of new landscape textures. I was really surprised to see the amount of stuff. 🙂

There are no new landscape types that I am aware of though. I could be wrong.

jdog
    Participant

I wish I could update my build but with the outage still going on, still can’t connect. 😥

Deathstryker
    Participant

@CVS wrote:

Added: WeaponGiveLives weapon primitive to award a tank an extra life
    Added: Tanks can now have lives, if a tank has a remaining life they will be ressurrected after death

Looks like there’s some support for a Survival mode, hmmm?

jdog
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

@CVS wrote:

Added: WeaponGiveLives weapon primitive to award a tank an extra life
    Added: Tanks can now have lives, if a tank has a remaining life they will be ressurrected after death

Looks like there’s some support for a Survival mode, hmmm?

Now if we could only access it to download the stuff!!

BOY
    Participant

@TO DO list wrote:

Fixed: Damage to an object is now calculated by closeness to the nearest edge (not the center)

Gavin, is this based on closeness to the sides of the actual tank model?

if so wouldn’t that create a some differences in damages to the same tank hit at different angles? (i guess that would be the idea…)

I was thinking that the closeness to the tank muzzle and other protruding parts would present some interesting differences in damage, such as a “frontal” or “rear” hit.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Not exactly, its based on the closeness to the tank’s (or objects) bounding box (or sphere) sides.

Damage will be the same regardless of the tank model.

Before this change all damage was calculated from the center of the model. But for large models the center could be miles away from the sides so it wouldn’t get hurt very much even for a direct hit.

To sum up, a direct hit now results in max damage, regardless of how large the model is.

BOY
    Participant

this certainly will make it easier to kill with a baby missile, I may have to reduce power to some of my small weapons settings 🙂

I figured the bounding box would be the way to go, unless it were an acutaly cube like box, which would probly also make things tricky.

Bobirov
    Participant

Anyone notice that the TODO list seems that it still isn’t updating even though CVS is back up now?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Anyone notice that the TODO list seems that it still isn’t updating even though CVS is back up now?

Err, cough, cough. Try now.

Bobirov
    Participant

Looks like it is working now. 🙂

Deathstryker
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

It’s broken again.

jdog
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

@bobirov wrote:

It’s broken again.

I think Gavin updated not long ago and the site hasn’t caught up yet.
    Looks like he may have saw the mess of my castle placement file. 😉

Bobirov
    Participant

Looks like it is working to me. 🙂

Deathstryker
    Participant

Well it IS now 🙄

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.