This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 11 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Deathstryker
    Participant

Seeing the TODO list stay the same for so long is driving me crazy. Can you name a couple of notable things you’ve done to the game (or anything new you’re looking at) since then? PWEEASE? O:)

BOY
    Participant

Um, i assume tha you are joking?

jdog
    Participant

I think Deathstryker is wanting a summary of what to look foward to when the CVS comes back up. If gavin been adding things and fixing things over even some of the time its been down we could be looking a hugh list of new changes.

Bobirov
    Participant

Here’s whats missing from the anonymous CVS server:

@TODO List wrote:

Fixed: XML parser will warn if there is content and child nodes in the same element
    Fixed: Web server settings dialog is now much easier to use (most settings changed via menus)
    Fixed: Score dialogs now disappear faster when game speed is set faster
    Fixed: Team score now stays with the team when players leave or change team
    Fixed: A small error in how roof collisions were calculated
    Fixed: Gamma settings are applied/removed when window focus occurs
    Fixed: Bug where double explosions could occur when hitting the ocean floor
    Fixed: Damage to an object is now calculated by closeness to the nearest edge (not the center)

Added: delay attribute to WeaponRepeat to give a time delay between each repeated weapon
    Added: movementproof accessories.xml tag for shields so tank can’t drive through
    Added: aionly tanks.xml tag for tanks that only computer ais can use
    Added: aionly accessories.xml tag for accessories that only computer ais can buy
    Added: Napalm scorches ground
    Added: Landscape files are now chosen on how many times they have been seen before
    Added: Icon to progress dialog to show which landscape has been chosen
    Added: Some extra landscape types (unfinished)
    Added: flattenarea attribute to Targets, tanks and models so landscape is flattened under them
    Added: Targets and tanks can use bounding boxes when it fits the model better
    Added: WeaponGiveScore weapon to give bonus score for gaining objectives
    Added: WeaponGiveWin weapon to give a round win for performing an objective
    Added: The notion of a score, players gain score by winning, killing etc. The score ranks players.
    Added: Kill Assists for players that hurt but dont kill tanks (this replaces money per damage)
    Added: Automated method for adding new scorched3d settings to the gui
    Added: New lower poly fighter models and powerup crate (thanks Shockwave)

Deathstryker
    Participant

Cool… Napalm scorched the ground now….

cbx550f
    Participant

Thanks for posting that, Bob!

@TODO List wrote:

Fixed: A small error in how roof collisions were calculated

WooHOO! 😀

Lots more good stuff there too! I can’t wait to see what else has changed. 😉

cbx

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Seeing the TODO list stay the same for so long is driving me crazy. Can you name a couple of notable things you’ve done to the game (or anything new you’re looking at) since then? PWEEASE? O:)

I was a little surprised by this, but then I realized the TODO list wasn’t being updated because CVS is down 🙂

Thanks for posting it bobirov.

jdog
    Participant

@TODO List wrote:

Fixed: Bug where double explosions could occur when hitting the ocean floor

Noticed this myself before but only when theres no more dirt to destory, and I’m using dirt. When theres no more dirt and I fire dirt on it, sometimes it makes it so the dirt doesn’t come up till something explodes where the dirt hit.

Added: delay attribute to WeaponRepeat to give a time delay between each repeated weapon

Yaaaaa, been wondering if this was possible!

Added: movementproof accessories.xml tag for shields so tank can’t drive through

Interesting, very interesting….

Added: aionly tanks.xml tag for tanks that only computer ais can use

Shockwave will love this one.

Added: aionly accessories.xml tag for accessories that only computer ais can buy

YES!!!! :D/ Now is it possible to have Ais that can only be used by targets(“tanks”)

Added: Napalm scorches ground

Can’t wait to see this!

Anyone else but me catch this one? 😀

Added: Kill Assists for players that hurt but dont kill tanks (this replaces money per damage)

More goodness!

:-k

imported_gcamp
    Participant

:-k

Err, thats more of a development one :). It means when I add new features I can add them to the settings dialog really easily.

Deathstryker
    Participant

What does this one mean exactly? Does it mean it kills a tank instead of having a chance to injure it? O_o If that is the case, how does it work for weapons like Napalm where they do gradual damage?

Ebonite
    Participant

I think it means a player gets credit, in the “score” or elsewhere, for damaging a tank that is later killed by another player.

BOY
    Participant

thanks for that list Bobirov, :mrgreen:

I love the new additions gavin, NICE!! =P~ =P~ =P~

@deathstryker wrote:

What does this one mean exactly? Does it mean it kills a tank instead of having a chance to injure it? O_o If that is the case, how does it work for weapons like Napalm where they do gradual damage?

Indeed, good question.
    I imagine that if the setting is on ‘award by health’ it would be calculated by the last increment of health taken. Perhaps it is done by total health taken?

jdog
    Participant

Anyone else but me catch this one? :-k

Deathstryker
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

Anyone else but me catch this one? :-k

I caught it… interesting indeed. I think it would be cool if the cavern roof faded in the distance and kind’ve blended with the background (much in the way the water does with the background) so that it doesn’t feel so closterphobic in there with a dome-like thing covering us. Sounds like a difficult thing to pull off though without it looking cheap.

jdog
    Participant

Maybe Bob can help us on the new landscapes?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.