This topic contains 198 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Irishbandit 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Irishbandit
    Participant

I cant wait for you to test it. I need a new computer your work will help me pick stuff out. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

I like the front sata connection.

Viking62
    Participant

I spent 6 hours putting all the components & programs in the new tower last night–(Until 2:00a.m.) ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
    The tower is huge–>My daughter said “it reminds me of a stainless steel refrigerator off extreme home makeover”=LOL!
    I am posting 2 of many pics during the build process–I will test this system over the course of this weekend–I will run PCWidard 2008 in a few minutes//Stock System//Default settings//All processes running. So far…..It puts any PC I have operated to shame …….& then some. I did install Bios updates (had no glitches yet) & the Guru software that came with the Motherboard is nothing short of awesome. Was a comment about noise in an earlier post—She is extremely Q-u-i-e-t ๐Ÿ˜‰ [& I have one side panel removed for testing/watching M/B codes on M/B LCD small panel.
    Btw-Vista Ultimate OEM system builders edition is also awesome!! *Note* I set panels to classic view–>feels more like XP–>But, better! Many Operating system toys ๐Ÿ˜† Check back….soon…I can’t help meself….going to run–>PCWidard 2008 in a few minutes actually–Will post results here & in the other proper topic area
    1st picture=Bare tower/before I started installing components.
    2nd picture=Preatty much finished with basic component install.
    Ordered more components–Too much room in this tower….A shame to let it go to waste ๐Ÿ˜‰ โžก

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

very nice to see

that’s a monster

glad to see you went with an abit motherboard. you won’t regret it.

that’s an arctic cooling heatsink isn’t it? i have a similar one in one of mine. how are the temps? is it sufficient? (fraction of the price of thermalright – good value, i think).

do you have the 120mm case fans on motherboard headers?

looking forward to seeing those benchmark scores.

Viking62
    Participant

43x96MM fan in the Artic Freezer 7 Pro cooler–Have not seen temps over 90 degrees F. on the (Cpu)–Wait til ya see these numbers=Rofl!! Mostly running in 32 bit also–All while I benched this PC….The Cpu Maxed @ 33% & averaged @ 29%///\The Memory Maxed @ 32% & Averaged @ 31%. During the Benchmarking run….The temp on the Cpu only hit 83 degrees F. . Fan speeds are set & run slower than 12v. I need to clock the video card up a bit (Need more data first) & also the ram could use some different settings(more studying 1st).
    Here are some numbers I received off the first 3 benchmarking runs (Ran 3 complete cycles to eliminate glitches/misreadings)They averaged……Um….Ya wont believe this……….—>41,000+ Overall !!

System info: General Information :
    Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Frequency : 2400 MHz
    L1 Cache : 4 x 64 KB
    L2 Cache : 2 x 4096 KB
    Chipset : Intel X38
    Physical Memory : DDR2-SDRAM PC2-6400 (399 MHz)
    Video Card : Nvidia Corp
    DirectX Version : 10.00
    Hard Disk : WDC (320 GB)

Tests Information :
    Instructions SSE, SSE2, SSE… 128-bit
    Instructions SSE4a, SSE4.1, … 128-bit
    Instructions FPU128 : 128-bit
    Instructions MMX : 64-bit
    Instructions 3DNow! : 64-bit
    Instructions FPU (x87) : 64-bit
    Instructions INT : 32-bit

PC Wizard 2008 Version 1.81

Owner: Microsoft
    Organisation: Microsoft
    User: Viking-62
    Operating System: Windows (TM) Vista Ultimate Professional 6.00.6000
    Report Date: Friday 07 March 2008 at 11:02

<<>>

> Performance Global : 5.8

> Performance CPU : 5.9

> Performance Memory : 5.8

> Performance Graphics : 5.9

> Performance Gaming : 5.9

> Performance Disk : 5.9

***** End of report *****

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

doesn’t the print screen button work in vista?

ctrl prtsc for fullscreen, alt prtsc for just the window. copies to the clipboard, then u paste into your photo editor.

i may be able to help with ram timings a little if u get stuck. plenty of info on the internet.

edit:
    just seen the screen cap. v nice. what’s that ref system it’s compared with?

41k? weren’t most people getting about 4k? u sure that’s right? : )

Viking62
    Participant

Yep-My friend…..prepare to be amazed (I am!!) I read your post & changed bios versions–Lots of settings to learn–That was the right #’s (3 tests-in a row). After I changed the bios…..these are still respectable numbers. I have proof for these tests;). Man, this box is a dream……almost silent/no heat problems….Sooo far ๐Ÿ™‚ Going to have to take typing classes…..I cannot press buttons fast enough to bog her down!!! Multi-programs=No effect on performance!! What-a-rush!!
    *Pics/stats follow*

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

: ) excellent

Viking62
    Participant

Thank you LD ๐Ÿ˜€ I am going to see if I can duplicate the earlier numbers that I got. Changing bios version–I just want to show you that I am not senile yet….=LOL
    Be back to post a chart soon-I hope.

Viking62
    Participant

**PCWizard 2008 Benchmark**
    I reset the Motherboard via the m/b reset button–Installed the new bios update via bios installer=Wall’Ah 40K+ (Yeppirs….42,790.72=Awesome).
    Just need to figure out how to step up that Video card…Maybe hit 50k?
    I am very pleased/Time & $$ well spent ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I am honored to share this with all the people who helped me out with the choices in this build–We built a Monster!! I wish you could be here with me to test it further ๐Ÿ™‚
    Props all-We did very well in the choices made.
    I used a Vista program called snippit (comes with Vista)to screenshot the pics that follow-Enjoy!

Viking62
    Participant

*Windows Vista Ultimate-OEM System builders pack (64 Edition)*
    Installed smoothly-No bugs….Yet. Very nice graphics also. Has so many prgrams/functions….will take me days to try them all ๐Ÿ˜†
    To Noob Bandit:–For gaming & a media center….This is the OS/CPU combo to beat (I believe)–Has lots of tv/video/music related options & combined with this video card & onboard 7.1 & HD capability….well….all I can say is—>WOW!!
    I will update/review more later–thanks again guys–I do appreciate all the help–You are a great bunch of people & one hell of a community!!

*I am proud to call you my friends*

Viking62
    Participant

Hello all–I thought you all might be interested in the gaming ability of this PC. I am guessing DVD play will not be a problem ๐Ÿ˜‰
    ===============================================
    *Gaming Performance* “Based on Viking62′ Q6600/Abit IX38 Quad GT/EVGA e-GeForce 512mb PCI-e 2.0/hyvision 5ms 17” LCD Monitor/Western Digital Caviar SE 320GB Hard Drive – 7200, 8MB, SATA-300, OEM (TSD-320AAJS)
    ** 3/09/08—All settings tried–*The chosen settings provided “no” artifacts,screen glitching,ghosting or timing delays–(Local Game)
    [Scorched3d v.41.3]=
    Resolution=1280×1024
    Fullscreen
    AA=4
    Level of detail=Large,Max,High
    All options running/active
    FPS=60.00 Average (No lower than 58FPS)
    *Overall*=Smooth & steady! “1st time I’ve seen the game in such detail”=Awesome!!

[CRYSIS]=
    Resolution=1280×1040
    Fullscreen
    AA=8x (Yes, 8x)
    Blood=active/on
    Advanced options=All options on High + Object Quality setting=Very High
    *Overall*=Smooth & steady! “Realistic graphics/Blew me away”!! (Note-The guy hanging upside down in the tree scared the crap right outta me) Rofl……..

๐Ÿ˜†

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@viking62 wrote:

(Note-The guy hanging upside down in the tree scared the crap right outta me) Rofl……..

๐Ÿ˜†

AAAWWwwwwww, was da big bad Viking scared by the poor lil dead man?
    Or was it the vaporizing?

Cooochie, Coooo

Viking62
    Participant

Wow-This was a double post mistake–*please pull this reply post if ya want to…Moderators*

Viking62
    Participant

LOL @ nut–Made me jump. I had my face about 18″ from the screen…playing the game & watching the clarity…then, BooM….A dead dude in me face. Yessirry-I jumped hard!! LOL

Btw-The clarity of DVD movies are awesome also with the included media center. *(My opinion)–This is a great all around system–Will perform many tasks gracefully ๐Ÿ˜‰

I cannot picture myself ever using all this processing power–But, it sure beats waiting like I have to with my XP Celeron 2.4-1GB-FX5200agp system ๐Ÿ˜†

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I prefer to use media player classic that comes with the K-Lite codec pack, but I can easily use my remote with media centre.

Only reason I’m still using Vista is for media centre (I have a TV tuner and its by FAR the best PVR software), my XP is not the MCE edition, which I would SERIOUSLY prefer.

So, when ya getting Call of Duty 4 and letting me show you how a 22″ helps snipe your head off?

It’s SOO much better than Crysis!

BTW, you’d be suprised how much you actually use, multi-core CPUs are great for multi-tasking (Like a woman) and although its easy to think you don’t multi task that much, bare in mind the programs often running in the background (especially a dirty old install):

just look in your taskbar, I have:
    MSN
    Rivatuner
    Fraps
    Utorrent
    Virtual Clone Drive
    Clone CD
    Remote control software
    Audio Software
    Media Centre (ESPECIALLY when its recording)
    Win Updates
    Firewall
    Anti Virus (with spam filter)

Often I also have firefox and winrar doing something, maybe disks being written / audio encoding.

I would usually have Object dock, window blinds, windows FX running too, but Vista doesn;t like them very much (and vice versa of course)

All while im actually trying to do something else, a dual core does this well, but a quad core does it effortlessly, meaning no click, pause, continue, its bang bang BAM!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 200 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.