This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  siberian007 13 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous
    Participant

well i did a search but wasn’t really sure what to search for. i found your game today and being a huge fan of the original i thought i owuld try it… i downloaded it and installed it.

tried to run it… screen goes black like its starting the game, then im in like a transparent mode where i can see my desktop but i have a different colored mouse and i can’t click anything…. ctrl+alt+delete and it says its running but i can’t get to it.

any help?

oh specs

1.2 amd athlon
    winxp
    128 5200 FX nvidia
    1 gig ram
    direct x 9.0
    updated drivers

imported_gcamp
    Participant

The game will stop responding for a few secs when loading all of the tanks and textures. It should be ok if left for a while. Try choosing all low detail from the scorched3d display settings dialog.

This spec and card should work fine.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Ya know Gavin, with new tanks being added all the time you might need to switch to just showing pictures of the tanks instead of the models in the tank select screen or otherwise it might take all day to load.

dracon23
    Participant

Ya know Gavin, with new tanks being added all the time you might need to switch to just showing pictures of the tanks instead of the models in the tank select screen or otherwise it might take all day to load.

this would be a very good idea

dracon23

siberian007
    Participant

tried that tonight but it didn’t work…. let it set for 30+ min and it never did anything else. i had everything turned off so it would be just a basic no graphics game. but still wouldn’t do anything.

any other suggestions?

accidentaly posted my problem as a guest(not logged in)

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@dracon23 wrote:

this would be a very good idea

dracon23

Yeah, this is a good idea.

We may have to do this but we can’t do the cool rotating tanks if I do this. /* thinking about it */ Unless we only load the model for the selected tank, hmm I’ll think about this.

siberian007
    Participant

ok i tried loading scorched3d on a slower computer

amd athlon 700
    512 ram
    128 vid card

and it worked… anyone know why it would work on my slower computer but not on my main faster computer with the specs in the original post?

had everything loaded(all graphics on) when i loaded on the slower computer also.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.