This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 11 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

apache64d
    Participant

In continuetion to Judas’ topic about “cheats” I think a poll about it could be interesting.

What do u use?

feel free to add replies.

Deathstryker
    Participant

What’s the “A” key do? I don’t think I’ve ever used it….

In that case I can’t vote. =(

Irishbandit
    Participant

I use the buoys they work great for wall shots. also ctrl+h for straight 1000 shots.

apache64d
    Participant

Like death asked what’s the “a” key..I’m asking: “Waht’s the alt+h combo”?
    Heh I’m realy a noob 😀 😆

hobbesme
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

I use the buoys they work great for wall shots.

I count bouy squares.

“I see bouy squares.”

“My God … it’s full of squares!”

Crispy Critter
    Participant

I use buoys for warp shots; otherwise, I either eyeball the distance based on camera angle 2, with some correlation from the buoys and the standard inset map (I quit using warp grid after v38), or I use camera angle 4 for a low-angle shot (and eyeball the distance), sometimes using angles 5 or 6 for correlation.

On Roofmod, I turn off camera restriction, and use angles 5 & 6 as well.

jdog
    Participant

I usally use tha a key,side view, over head view, adjust power, fire!

doom
    Participant

WHAT DOES THE A KEY DO! :-X

mandy
    Participant

…..and yet another poll 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

apache64d
    Participant

For those who doesn’t know yet: The “a” key for direction. Click a+mouse left button and u will see a “bar”. Where the bar is, that will the direction (general direction) of the shot. It is not include a wind or power and angle. Only general direction. Still, it does helps a lot.

Ebonite
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

I usally use tha a key,side view, over head view, adjust power, fire!

What he said. Plus, I also check the wind display.

Bobirov
    Participant

I use the A key, count bouy squares and otherwise eyeball the distance. I also use the number 4 view for sniping shots. Thats about it.

DireWolf
    Participant

I use the A key, and my best judgement, which after a year of playing is finally starting to pay off, I have the warp grid but rarely use it, I just think it looks better than the blue circle.
    and as far as the squares are concerned…… BAH!!!!
    it looks ugly, I would rather suck than have squares all over my terrain!
    I like Bobs idea of the bouys though, I never thought to use them as a distance marker.
    I tried using a ruler for awhile, but my kids kept stealing it so I gave up on that.

cbx550f
    Participant

Heh – I had played for way over a year before discovering the “A” key for aiming – tried it, shrigged, and went back to my usual “look at the little map to guess the distance, check the wind, aim the shot, second-guess the power, ease it back a bit, compensate more for the wind, fully knowing that I hav not compensated enough for the wind, hit space, wait, curse, try to fix how I missed” 😉

I have recently started using the A key for 0 wind shots (Just within the past couple weeks); it’s quite handy for that. A long while back I experimented with counting squares, but, as DW said, it’s ugly, plus my attention span is too low. 😉

For “headshots”, I scroll the view around a LOT to get the angle right.

cbx

Willis
    Participant

#6 for me and some judgement based on what I see. No formula’s required.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.