This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

BOY
    Participant

I noticed bout 6 weeks ago that when I log on, I ALWAYS show up initially as ‘The’ Alien, no matter what computer I am using (home or work) as if that is still the last name I used. But I change my funny names all the time, and they always show up correctly in the stats and on my Team/Tank dialogue box. I think the server has a memory problem, and my name is “stuck”

This makes me sad because I just discovered my funny names are no longer being logged properly on my Aliases used list, and many of them are lost, possibly Forever! Hopefully they can be recovered. I have not been able to tell if anyone else has had this issue, and It appears that most other names are showing properly in the Aliases list.

It seems that the list might be limited to 15 aliases, which makes me even more SAD because that would mean I have to have only 15 favorites!

I think this may have occured around the same time that some security issues were installed on the server or when the Forum began requiring registered users.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ok ive fixed the bug that causes you always to have the same name. Should be in the next version.

Yes the list has been limited to the top 15 used aliases. Although they are still all stored. So you just need to use the others more 🙂

Ebonite
    Participant

Yeah, that started when v38.1 was introduced. Remember the complaints about spectators logging in and taunting the admins? Then Gavin added the “(Spectators) now have a name when logging in”. Whatever name you started using in v38.1 became your default (Spectator) name. Good to see it’s fixed though.

BOY
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Ok ive fixed the bug that causes you always to have the same name. Should be in the next version.

Yes the list has been limited to the top 15 used aliases. Although they are still all stored. So you just need to use the others more 🙂

Thanks a bunch, that explains things.

however, I dont seem to remember exactly how many versions of Boy there are and there should not be 70 occurances of ‘The’ Alien, which I would like moved to Boy OR Revelation 16:8 if possible. That was just a funny name I like to use to get chicks, and happened to be used at time of your change.

😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
    wouldn’t you like to allow good ol’ Boy to be allowed to have 50 listed Aliases????
    😀 😀 😀 😀 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 😉 😉 😉 😉
    OK………. 40 Aliases? …………..30? ❓ ❓ ❓ OK, 40 is good.

Deathstryker
    Participant

40 aliases!?… Have you been on America’s Most Wanted or something?

BOY
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

I would venture I have approximately 50 😯

Sondra
    Participant

Naaah he is only for the chicks 😡

That way he would make is move without the others chicks knowing it IS him

Smart Boy ihihihih

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

🙂 I must say there are some good funny posts here these days 🙂

Sondra
    Participant

Gavin that aliasses aren’t for you to use… You are ALREADY A MARRIED MAN

Sooo Hush yourself Or I’ll have a girl talk with your wife 😛

Deathstryker
    Participant

@sondra wrote:

Gavin that aliasses aren’t for you to use… You are ALREADY A MARRIED MAN

Sooo Hush yourself Or I’ll havve a girl talk with your wife 😛

LMAO!

jdog
    Participant

I’ve seen the bug myself, for some reason after calling myself Dog Of Death it keeps popping up when I start even when I starting using Jdog first.

BOY
    Participant

Dear Sir Gavin,

could you make a link to a page that lists ALL of the players aliases?
    I think It would be nice to be able to remember what some of them are. Plus it would be neat to be able to look up others aliases, especially since alot of players are using new aliases all the time. …. 🙂

….bored at work ………..again….

8)
    Boy

bruce
    Participant

*bored face* mmmmm blah……..

BOY
    Participant

That Gavin character sure is one cool cat!

cool beans…. now a trimmed down list of 5 aliases, and all others are available on a separate page. Very cool. Now I can see all 82 of my aliases!!! perhaps I should resurect a few of them, OOO! but i have my new favorites!

Cheers,

Boy

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.