This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Picci 10 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Deathbal
    Participant

Currently when you shoot a FB it hits its target and spews forth 5 or 6 baby nukes or whatever they are. I think if those projectiles were made to bounce off bubbles much like baby missiles do, it may put an end to them being extremely overwhelming. I mean just the one’s that hit the bubble. So just the one’s that explode around the bubble do major damage. Just my suggestion to tone them down a bit without worrying about price.

BOY
    Participant

The current funky bomb releases 12 bombs. The ones that hit the shield do bounce off, there is simply too many of them

They could be less effective by several code chances

– increase the chances of bomblet miss (I really don’t know exactly how that tag works though)

– decrease the accuracy of the bomblets

– reduce the number of them

– some magic combination of the above 3

hmmmm

You have just inspired me to create the ultimate funky-funky bomb.

with a combination of the meantiond changes and also adding a

– random amount of explosion size, and

– random amount of velocity change

to each of the bomblets, the funky bomb could be made to be much like the original. the code for it will be a bit longer, but it will be a beautiful piece of weaponry.

jdog
    Participant

@boy you might want to check out the funky bomb in my mod as it does some of the things you want.

mooic
    Participant

What? Messing with the Funky Bomb! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooo……………………………………………………………………………….
    ………………………………………………………….

jdog
    Participant

@mooic wrote:

What? Messing with the Funky Bomb! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    ………………………………………………………….

Um yes, we have, HUhahahaha

BOY
    Participant

I might check that out… Not sure, but I think it will be a totally new look.

SO many cool new features to the game, and I’m going back on the funky bomb again… 😛

of course, it is fired more times by more people than anything but baby missiles….. why not improve it 😀

BigBear
    Participant

I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to reduce the tracking radius a bit. Same lethality but higher accuracy requirements would suffice in my book if a change was to be made.

Not meaing to hijack the thread or anything, but there is another weapon that could use some reducing to the tracking radius *cough* hogs *cough*. 😛

mooic
    Participant

What, messing with Hogs,
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    ………………………………………………………….

jdog
    Participant

@mooic wrote:

What, messing with Hogs,
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    ………………………………………………………….

Too Late!

BOY
    Participant

…. resisting … urge…. to revamp….

mooic
    Participant

You guys forced me into an MCB game with Vihor, I lost 🙁

😉

Deathbal
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

Not meaing to hijack the thread or anything, but there is another weapon that could use some reducing to the tracking radius *cough* hogs *cough*. 😛

You think so? They don’t work for me. It seems like the more inacurate I am, the more likely I get a kill with a hog 😆 . I think it’s because they are underground and can’t see 🙄 , the explode all around your opponents but never actually hit them. But what do I know? I’m just as blind as the hogs. Look at my suggestion for example. It already is that way 😳 .

I duuno, I was just looking for anything to tone down how much funkys dominate the game in the last few rounds. Maybe lowering the cost of Mirvs and Nukes could help?

DeVice
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

I duuno, I was just looking for anything to tone down how much funkys dominate the game in the last few rounds. Maybe lowering the cost of Mirvs and Nukes could help?

I know ! Making DHs as cheap as funkys would do it 😆

mooic
    Participant

Hogs are not as easy to kill with as people think, there is an art to using them just like any other weapon, somebody once said ‘Hogs are for bad aimers’ erm…. well so are funkys, diggers, Dh’s Etc….. They all have there own traits and you need to learn them all. The way i look at a hog is that is is an underground funky! Have a play with them off line you will find out how they work, the major downside of them is that they sometims dud!
    As far as i am concerned funkys are fine the way that they are, dont forget that there will always be noobs, so they need a way to kill, if we make this game too hard then we will get more and more players giving up! The same goes for hogs too!
    Why not leave them alone and create some new weapons to go along side the current arsenal, maybe have a poll to see if some of the lesser used weapons could be removed so that we dont have about 4 screenfulls of mega weapons to choose from.

Deathbal
    Participant

I dont think anyone wants to get rid of Hogs and funkys. A regular Hog can take out a force shield and it’s occupant. So can a well placed Funky. The problem is, a 5 pack of Hogs costs 30k, the 2 pack funky cost 18k. That is why you see more funkys. Me personally, I just wanted to see more balance in weapon use. More nukes, more hot napalm, mirvs, blah blah blah……not funkys all game. Maybe by lowering the cost of said items it can happen.

As far as noobs go. The noobs don’t need a special weapon. Like any other game, there is a learning curve. You either grin and bear it, or go home. It just so happens that this game is especially brutal.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.