This topic contains 159 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  bazzz 7 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Viking62
    Participant

@viking62 wrote:

@boy wrote:

This is a special forum dedicated to complaints and arguments or other miscellaneous problems.

Moderators & admins will do everything they can to resolve the concerns of the Scorched Community and take them seriously. The following rules will be enforced strictly in this section of the forum, in addition to the normal site rules. If a post is moved here, the rules apply immediately.

* The following apply as of August 4 2009 *

The leading rule in this thread:
    Moderators & admins will do everything they can to resolve the concerns of the Scorched Community and take them seriously

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Thanks Guys 🙂
    Kanga

Loke
    Participant

So – now that that has been cleared up – what do I we really want to hear is a statement from Rommel directly addressing the deluge of posts (mainly 4 posters) and I totally agree with Vik on the futility of apology, but for entirely different reasons.

We are a very small community judging by the amount of posters!

If I wasn’t angry enough I would have ignored this matter all along, but I am and I didn’t.

Loke

ArmorWraith
    Participant

not to get off topic, but is that you wearing that hat in your avatar loke?

Kanga

Loke
    Participant

Don´t belittle the magnificent Inspector Clouseau by comparing him to me;) and yes its a dustbin – not a tank.

bender
    Participant

The upsetting thing is you rom, not your fault imo.

Too much projection of feelings not enough facts and sound reasoning. But i probably expect too much from people.Everyone has their own limitations.

I wont agitate anymore, whats the use anyway. I have said what i have to say in too many ways already. Its too frustrating to go on with this silly thought of changing things.

Hope your right chopper this place needs more players.

Good luck all. [-o<

ArmorWraith
    Participant

LOL I KNEW IT! I thought that looked familiar!
    😀
    KAnga

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I want to go on record as to say I do not dislike Rommel I have had several conversations with him proving to me he is an extremely intellegent, caring person. I just dislike the current behavior and want it to stop.

Viking62
    Participant

Intelligent ,Yes/Abuses others intelligence quotient,Yes/Causes Chaos,Yes.

It is kinda like having a big machine gun that you cannot control-Sure, You have all that power;But, used aimlessly, you end up harming everything around you.

Heck POM-I do not hate Rommel either~This comes down to the members leaving or staying away from S3D because of 1 person~That is not right!

The position Rommel is trying to fill is not working out……

pastor of muppets
    Participant

So we come down to this.?.? If it continues how long does it continue before it is put to a stop?!?!?!? I know it is possible to ban from game and forums is that the next step? Gosh I hope not but I think we are on our way there.

bender
    Participant

Yes the critical person is the problem.How predictable.

I have much to say about the flaws of this community but since noone cares or has the guts to listen or the desire to change for the better, lack of self awareness and introspectiveness preventing you all to progress beyond the bullshit and clique politics that has gotten you in this mess.

This was all preventable if you were only capable of reasonable and pragmatic decision making. Instead of caring whats good for the game you blame your problems on the ones that dont fit in.

Criticism is buried in bullshit or just plainly ignored.

Its a sad state to be in, and very disturbing. But hey its not like it is important for more than me and a few people who care.

I was going to give up but i seem to be compulsed to give my reasons for opposing the nonsensical crap that is spewed.

Does anyone care?

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@pastor of muppets wrote:

So we come down to this.?.? If it continues how long does it continue before it is put to a stop?!?!?!? I know it is possible to ban from game and forums is that the next step? Gosh I hope not but I think we are on our way there.

It has been done before. Anyone who has threatened this community in the past, has been permanently banned. I hate to think of a scorcher banned, but it is nescessary in some cases. Its up to the administrators to decide, and they have decided to go with the publics consensus. Rommel has been on and off all night. It must be nerve racking for him, I can only imagine he’s doing one of two things right now:

1>preparing his speech using every follicle of himself.
    2>panicking.

I know I would be if I was up for a possible perma-ban. I tried contacting him via PM, no luck. I can only think that he is indeed mad at me, or very dissapointed with what I have said. I will not say I was wrong, I made my position very clear, based off what I felt was the most fair way to say it to you.I judged you based off of your actions Rommel.I hope you reply soon, failure to post is the same thing as saying “Screw you scorched3D community”, It will get you banned in the end.

Do not tarry and do not stall. We all only have so much paitence. Understanding doesnt come easy when you keep a whole room of people waiting, on a cold day. Dont be a fool and stand out in the cold Rommel, step inside and let things warm up.

Kanga

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@bender wrote:

Yes the critical person is the problem.How predictable.

I have much to say about the flaws of this community but since noone cares or has the guts to listen or the desire to change for the better, lack of self awareness and introspectiveness preventing you all to progress beyond the bullshit and clique politics that has gotten you in this mess.

This was all preventable if you were only capable of reasonable and pragmatic decision making. Instead of caring whats good for the game you blame your problems on the ones that dont fit in.

Criticism is buried in bullshit or just plainly ignored.

Its a sad state to be in, and very disturbing. But hey its not like it is important for more than me and a few people who care.

I was going to give up but i seem to be compulsed to give my reasons for opposing the nonsensical crap that is spewed.

Does anyone care?

Bazz, for claiming to base your descisions off logic and reasoning, your posts sure do seem abit close minded and emotional. Dont fool yourself into thinking we are all just ganging up and bashing one man because he was critical.

When ones actions are deemed threatening by the majority, and a hazard to a communitys well being, they cast out the factions that threaten their survival. Its a simple fact of nature. Thats the cold hard logic behind it. Rommel has been deemed a threat, he now has to defend his position, or make ammends. If he fails to do that, then theres only one thing left to do, and believe me, no one wants to be the guy to push the button. Logic or Not.

We have all been polite and shared our concerns, with our emotions on our sleeves. It happens when you have an honest community that is unhampered by intimidation.

I feel you feel threatened for some reason. Why is that Bazz?
    I think your seeking attention. Right now, you do not want to be in the limelight.

Kanga

bender
    Participant

Onesided and emotional.

Yes i am frustrated and i dont mind showing it.

Maybe if anyone addressed any arguments i make instead pretending there is nothing wrong you could make the one sided argument.

The majority of arguments i hear on this forum seem to be projections of emotions rather than fact and sound reasoning.And one sided from my perspective.

Perhaps you have a solution to these problems, perhaps its just a blindness we all have that cant be solved.

I am looking for something if you want to call it attention fine, but isnt that just an emotional argument devoid of any fact, projection of your own feelings? I believe you just argued against that.

Care to be a bit more explicit ? Especially the threatened part puzzles me, im in a safe enviroment in one of the safest places on earth, good old Baarle-Nassau hardly anything treatening happens here.Perhaps you mean in this discussion, so far i have heard little that impresses me.

I do feel fear that the flaws of the community are incurable and will harm the game even more than it has.Thats my opinion, try to argue why its all good instead of blaming others.

If we turn it into a personal attack fest will it be good for anything?

Rommel
    Participant

Open Letter :

Those demanding a reply should have one perhaps,
    even if they are out of order and out of control.

XTC’s complaint addressed the poor moderation of the forums.

His post was a plea for better rules and regulations so that we
    could better control ourselves and show each other the respect
    that we all deserve as players that care enough to post here.

Those that have no concern for making better rules and guidelines
    are encouraged to start another thread and seek my banishment if
    they think that will help solve the problems that the other admins
    are refusing to properly acknowledge and attempt to solve.

You have two suggestions from me that I think will help with XTC’s
    concerns but nothing of substance from the Global Moderators or
    the other Administrators. I suggest that we all concentrate on
    XTC’s complaint if we truly feel the desire to be helpful.

Sincerely,

Rommel

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘Forum moderator/server admin BOY’ is closed to new replies.