This topic contains 159 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  bazzz 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

tumbleweed
    Participant

@viking62 wrote:

Well said POM!! =D>
    Sorry guys… I had r/l take priority over game play & usual web activities.

The only changes I can think of is: “Lets get back to playing Scorched3d & maybe using a careful hand & sound mind;
    Someone Diplomatic/Neutral (BigBear) or (Gavin)-Please remove all the hostile/hateful/useless banters/personal attacks from the past & lets start Anew”. *Keep all the good stuff-bury the bad*

We As Admins

*Promote sane game play.

*Promote sane/non hostile forum banter. (Is ok to disagree-Trouble causing constant spam (anger/argumentative promoting banter) will not be tolerated.

*Vote & Stick to a vote (Enforce a majority vote on the spot) when voting closes.

*POM has great points also

*Lets get back to the roots & community we used to enjoy*

Lastly- Rommel
    You, Sir. . .(Used lightly), have caused more hate & discontent in-game & in this forum than any other player that I can remember all the way back to 2006!
    (2006 is when I started playing this game).
    My personal opinion is: Rommel should either step down or be dismissed from the Admin roles A.S.A.P. -I am not a hateful/vindictive person but, enough is enough!! Furthermore, if you believe someone is endangering this forum community or sane game play on 1 of the servers=Speak up & take action.
    *There are too many people that loved this game and the forum community & they should not be intimidated by any 1 person…or 2, for that matter*

“The needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few” 😉
    I vote POM to stay as an Admin=Very passionate about Scorched3d

I’m afraid I have to agree. Rom, most time I can ignore your posts, but you are becoming a very polarizing influence on the game and forum. The results have not been positive. Boy, unfortunately, had the same type of influence. This is only my personal opinion. I have my computer issues squared away (mostly) and plan on playing more, I’d like there to be a community and game to play! If I end up being banned for having my opinion then so be it. All I want is to play once in a while.

This thread is becoming a generic gripe at the Admins type thread.

After having said all that I don’t want anyone to think I don’t l appreciate the Admin’s efforts here and in the game. They often do much for free and on their own time with little or no thanks.

I feel Pom has been doing a good job as well and would like to see him stay.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Well guys, I love the game too.
    I stay mostly because of Thrax, and a couple other people who are dedicated, and my love of the game.

Thrax is a great guy, he loves the game passionately, hosts a very productive server, and is a great guy to ask for help or assistance. He tries to help anyone with anything, or he’ll defer them to someone who does. I feel his opinion is ignored much too often around here.
    ( I dont know if Thrax is an admin, or if he even wants to be, but he has my full support anyday)

POM, hes a great guy, sensible and customary. He’s polite within reasonable limits, and only wants to help further the game. I admit he is a bit stuck in the past, as are you all who miss the old players. But you know what this game used to be and I appreciate that. If we dont have people who have knowledge of the games past and what its all about, then we dont have a sensible admin.
    His whole family used to play, they all contributed to this game.
    (POM you have my full support any day, and my vote for admin!)

BOY, he loves the game as much as Thrax does, he just has a very busy family and work life atm. If you look back and read all of the old posts as I have done, youll find BOY was behind ALOT of the projects and development in some way shape of form. He offered suggestions, support, and constructive criticism.He recently tried to propose changes, like them or not, atleast he did something to try to break the loss of players. Really he wasnt a dictator at all, he listened and stopped his changes. He fought for them like anyone else would have intially, but then threw in the towel when he found the commnity did not agree.He’s a great guy, just made a few mistakes along the way, as expected from anyone underpressure and trying something people may not like. ( BOY you have my full support and vote for admin)

Laptop, this fellow has designed an entire website for S3D, he offers help in the forums as best as he can, along with witty side remarks. He helps streamline the game, and openly expresses his opinion on how he thinks the game should be improved, and what he thinks of the players. I am afraid though due to that fact, I cannot vote for him as an admin, but I would definitely like for him to be recognized for his support of the game. Really he made a whole professional website for future use, and stayed relatively active until recently.

Viking62, he has a level head, and loves the game. He’s a man of few words, but any words he does offer, he offers them with complete honesty and integrity. He Is a long standing member of the community and is very polite to new and old players alike. He enjoys many aspects of the game and community and has expressed his opinion on many topice.He has been active until recently.(I continue to support da vike!) 😉

Apache64d, has come along way. He has improved his verbal skills and has shown a great interest in supporting the game. He resigned his admin status to show his dislike of a certain member of the admin group. Though unnecessary as this may have been, he sent a shockwave through the community and let everyone know what was up. I havent seen him post in awhile, but if he is still reading, I would like him to know I appreciate his support of the game and all his efforts to moderate and improve it.( apache you have my support and vote for admin)

Chopper, i have played quite a few games with you. You have a level head, a great sense of humor, and a wonderful personality. You love this game deeply, and cry foul when an injustice has been carried through. You are one of the most qouted players on S3D I believe, and I hope you will continue to share in the communitys future. Its an honor to play with you! (full support)

Naka, you love this game, theres no doubt about that. When you felt the game made an uneeded change, you patched a server and ran it yourself. You felt v43 took the game into an uneeded direction. You felt older times had been forgotton or ignore. I like you as a person naka, you have alot of heart. But i cannot vote for you as admin, as the game needs to continually progress or well never have a chance of remaining appeasible to new players, and old alike. Not all progress is bad. V43 introduced many things players have been asking for awhile. You seem to have rebeled against any new changes mad from v42. Gavin’s hard work was dashed repeatedly, even though most were minor settings adjustments. I felt very sad when reading your posts. I realize you love the game, so much that you setup your own server. But I cannot say you have a level head or paitence. You have my support and respect as a friend naka, but not as a position as an admin.

Loke, your very blunt. But I like that, I believe all admins should be to a certain degree. Your very intelligent, and seem to understand the character of people within a few words of their posts. You are level headed, sensible, but ultimately calm as you post. Your bluntness can cause confrontations, but you stick to the rules and try to be polite about it. (you have my support and thanks, you are admin material my friend!)

Raden, I havent seen you in awhile buddy, how are things? We used to play many games together! I was once told to have Raden’s disease. You dont die. I hope that still rings true in your involvement in the community. You actively reported problems and possible solutions. You were a player who would be a great ingame moderator, as a matter of fact you did. You have a cool head and arent easily offended. You are much like loke, except gentler. (for some reason when writing that, I felt like i was advertising soap) I miss your presence greatly. (if you return or read this, you have my respect, vote and support as an admin)

PeanutsRevenge, your a great player. Your blunt, rude and hilarious. I believe if you were elected an admin youd get the job done, hilariously, but right! If you consider taking an admin position I would support you.

Acid22, you love the game, no doubt about that. I feel that you like confrontation though. I believe you have a great deal of common sense, but your like of confrontation gets in the way of your level headed thinking. your also rude, blunt and hilarious. If you were to run for admin, i would indeed support you, I believe when you resume admin duties youll get the job done and done right, if not , youll definitely tell them so.

Rommel, I read ALOT of your posts. Good and Bad. Your uncannyness for loop holes is astounding. I dont wish for you to leave entirely, as you have always been polite, and courteous to me. You have helped me at every point you could. You have a pretty wide knowledge basis, but your self importance clouds your otherwise helpful advice. Your like of confrontation makes acid look like a lamb im afraid. I know you would fight to the death to defend your honor, or a wrong you felt was never resolved. I am afraid it borderlines a grudge. To be a proper admin, you have to have the ability to resolve a conflict, not hold on to it to bring up later. Live and let go. If you toned it down just abit, kept a softer tone, I belive you would remind many of a caring friend or parent. You offer subtle encouragment and your will astounds many. I have great respect for this half of you. But Rommel you have a very dark side, you fight for what you plainly know is futile or useless. You throw away your common sense to be politically correct.your sarcasim can cut like a razor.
    You have a great sense of humour and believe that this game is indeed worth protecting. Rommel I like you very much, but your bi polar personality makes me feel empathy towards you. I cannot help but smile at your posts on somedays, they always cheer me up when you let your self importance go.You have been wronged in the past, do not live in it and let it consume you. Your determination can only go so far, before people have gotten fed up.
    I cannot vote for you as an admin. I hope after reading this you will treat me with the same manner as you always have before. You are a very good friend to me, and I hope you seriously consider my words. If you do Erwin please remeber those that do care for you on here. Dont bite the hand that feeds. A true friend tells you whats what even if its not something they wanna hear.

Thats just the skinny on what I think of the current state of things:

I really dont play much anymore, because of 2 reasons:

1) I am constantly modding S3D (were talking maybe 14+ hrs a day)
    2)Anybody I shoot at is new, I really havent found anyone who I cant kill on the second shot. I find myself missing intentionally quite often to avoid drving off potential players.

I do stop in and play occasionally on the Merge server and my own mod.
    (sorry I never even played in main server, the first online games I ever particpated in were in merge) If more people were in main, I would definitely consider playing more there.

I hope you all have a great day, take care and game with you soon! 😉

Kanga

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Tumbleweed :

I wasn’t aware that trying to protect everyone fairly
    was something that you would find to be deplorable.

If trying to institute rules that are fair and
    protect us all is wrong, I won’t be staying.

Ignoring the issues that XTC reported while
    praising his post is not a productive activity.

This is especially so for those that claim that they got
    their position for being fair, objective and reasonable.

So far, there has not been one reasonable argument
    presented that attempts to find fault with my proposals.

Only more bashing of Rommel for presenting them.

I expected this from pom, viking, cho and the others
    but not from you. You are capable of doing better
    than this and I hope you will accept my challenge :

Provide the problems you found with the
    suggestions that I have presented thus far.

Good luck,

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Bazzz :

Thank you for the recent input but don’t forget :

A committee can make a decision that is dumber
    than any of its members. – David Coblitz

Sad but so, truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

That being said, please look over the changes that have
    been proposed and see if you can find the parts that seem
    to be so upsetting to the others. I don’t see the problem.

Thanks again,

Rommel

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Rommel, there is nothing wrong with your proposals. Just the way you present them, where you present them,when you present them, and how you hold yourself when presenting. If your really working on admin proposals, why are you posting them in the normal threads? In every topic related or not. Whats the point, other than showmanship!? Further more the way you present them is either:
    A) Angry
    B) Whiney

Generally when you present something you would present it in a polite manner,in the right threads,and list what it would help based on facts,opinions, or the consensus among the community. Right now it seems the community isnt having an issue with their posts being deleted. If your having this issue:

– Ask the person outright what their reasoning was for deleting your post.(if your sure 100% who it is)

If your not sure then: Ask Gavin who did it, and send that person the above mentioned PM. If Gavin cant tell you, make a public post in player and server complaints adressing the person to kindly step forward and say why they deleted your post. If they dont step forward, then your out of luck!!!!!!

-now-

If the other admins refuse to acknowldge your proposals, get Gavin to have a look at them. If they are in reasonable terms, im sure he’ll accept them. If other admins dont follow the set rules, thats not your issue, except to report it to Gavin. Gavin will punish them as he sees fit. Really the only person you have to contact is him, he sets the rules, not the public, and not the administrators.

If Gavin refuses your proposals im afraid youll just have to give up, or whine. The latter will just embarass you. If he refuses, make do then. We need people willing to put forth proposals Rommel, just at the right time and place.

You Once gave me this advice when I was disheartened that no one was excited about my model:
    @rommel wrote:

If you want to see one of your models downloaded several 1000 times, there is only person you need to please other than yourself.

I ask you to take your own advice except with abit of tweaking:
    @KangaBunny wrote:

If you want to see your proposals accepted and carried out, there is only person you need to please other than yourself.

I am not bashing you, I am telling you as a friend what I would do.
    I fear any other way will end badly for you, and I do not wish to see that Rommel.

With all Respect,
    KAnga

tumbleweed
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Hi Tumbleweed :

I wasn’t aware that trying to protect everyone fairly
    was something that you would find to be deplorable.

If trying to institute rules that are fair and
    protect us all is wrong, I won’t be staying.

Ignoring the issues that XTC reported while
    praising his post is not a productive activity.

This is especially so for those that claim that they got
    their position for being fair, objective and reasonable.

So far, there has not been one reasonable argument
    presented that attempts to find fault with my proposals.

Only more bashing of Rommel for presenting them.

Good luck,

Rommel

One thing you could do, not put words in my mouth. I never described your actions as “deplorable” questionable, but not deplorable.

As you have yourself stated “fair and balanced” is often in the eye of the beholder.

Have a nice day

Chopper
    Participant

yo Spit…good to see ya again…..comon’ back to main

Loke
    Participant

There is a spirit of optimism in those last many posts, I cant say if it is “Yes we can” or “Yes we do”.

Erwin, please invert yourself, instead having your feet solidly planted into thin air – meet all on this site/game on even eye level, and don´t propose complicated rules that nobody can or will enforce (or rules that, even if they are proper, will get us nowhere). This site/game is about having a good time and the admins should preferably do as little as possible to keep a friendly atmosphere while we all are killing each other. Keep up your impersonation of Adolfs pet FM if you like, but don´t overdo it.

I would prefer your resignation to a long drawn out exchange of words, one (or both) that you avoided all along. You want transparency, this is your chance to prove yourself!

Loke

ps.: short, concise and right on, no tangential, long winded and off the point wanderings

Viking62
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Hi Bazzz :

Thank you for the recent input but don’t forget :

A committee can make a decision that is dumber
    than any of its members. – David Coblitz

Sad but so, truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

That being said, please look over the changes that have
    been proposed and see if you can find the parts that seem
    to be so upsetting to the others. I don’t see the problem.

Thanks again,

Rommel

Do the Honourable/Honorable thing-Unless your true ambition is to kill this game

hon·or·able

a: attesting to “creditable conduct” b: consistent with an untarnished reputation
    c: characterized by integrity : guided by a high sense of honor and duty

Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA)-Functional analysis (psychology)~
    Functional assessment of behavior provides hypotheses about the relationships between specific environmental events and behaviors. Decades of research has established that both desirable and undesirable behaviors are learned through interactions with the social and physical environment. FBA is used to identify the type and source of reinforcement for challenging behaviors as the basis for intervention efforts designed to decrease the occurrence of these behaviors.

Functions of behavior:
    The function of a behavior can be thought of as the purpose a behavior serves for a person.

* ALL behaviors serve a purpose.

Problem behaviors can serve the following functions for an individual:

* Access to Attention

E.g: Child throws toy in order to get mom’s attention. (If this maladaptive behavior results in mom looking at child and giving him lots of attention–even if she’s saying “NO”–he will be more likely to engage in the same behavior in the future to get mom’s attention)

Most all of us are saying “NO/Stop” Rommel-You refuse to listen-You care more about the self serving attention you are receiving

Hang around & play on the servers-Please refrain from antagonizing this community any further-Furthermore,If I had the authority: I would give you only 1 thread to banter/instigate discontent in this forum. You need stringent rules prescribed against your conduct on this forum & in-game-I find you to be a threat to the well being of this Community….. Drops Da Gavel

It really pisses me off when you treat my/our friends in this community like idiots & belittle them in the only way Rommel knows how. . .Circular Psychobabble,intellectual rhetoric,intelligent blathering.

P.S. Your dirting tricks will no longer afford you protection/kills in game. . .I remember how to beat you at your own game-Remember/& with NO supposed Admin tricks on my part whatsoever. . . . . You will no longer spoil the fun of this game!! *CLINK*

Viking62
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Good luck,

Rommel

Reality Check~
    Separate the good from the bad that you have accomplished in this S3D community.

The bad: (Off the top of my head)
    1)You have drove people away with never ending (Nice/but damaging rants-You are a crafty one).
    2)Your never ending need to be validated & correct.
    3)Caused otherwise good people to show rage on this forum & in game.
    4)Wanting to kick Admins off the roles that have weapons named after them (and others) for lack of recent participation(They helped popularize this game)-Maybe some of them are sickly-Like I was!
    5)I remember excessive dirting use-That you knew was not popular-And only the most experienced players could compete against you. ~Saw many people quit game play during a game because of this(New & Old players)~.

POM had stood beside you for some time supporting you-He has come to know the real you Rommel. We do not sit here and conspire against you. You have dug your own hole;now you get to lay in it. You get what you give. You wanted respect?! Intellect alone does not command respect;being respectful of others wants & needs earns/warrants their respect. Treating others as underlings (Mentally or physically) leaves people loathing you. I doubt you will give 2 cents that I am feeling better (Health wise) & I wish the same to you(Good health).
    My health had me down both mentally & physically & I so wanted to give you an intellectual punch in the gut for the many times you raised the ire(anger) of my many friends here in Scorched3d (even myself/I’m mild mannered)-That is until you get me riled up. So, [-X on that accomplishment. When I pick a task I focus on that task & you are my pet project for now.
    A wise man once said: Right is right and wrong is wrong.
    It is time we righted a few things in this community before it is too late.
    Rommel,You could of had some of the best friends in the world with the people I have met through this community-You chose to alienate a bunch of good people and kiss the arse(s) of people whom you thought would get you a power position in this community-Well, you made your goal-Also,You have blown it!
    Mess with me peeps;Yur gonna get da horns 😈

Loke
    Participant

I am very sorry Erwin, that this has come to what it is now.

Your choice was not to face it in the admin forum, where it rightly belongs (dirty laundry compartment). Now we have a likely-to-be-true assessment from da Vik and it certainly is not a flattering one. We all have our personalities IRL and some have different personalities on-line. Kanga sums up my somewhat different and pissed-off on-line personality through the last months in a post in this thread – BLUNT. Kanga, a selfproclaimed friend of yours, has done what friendship often lacks, he is honest enough to say things that may be uncomfortable, but if you listen to it, it may lead to bettering yourself.

I still like facets of the personality you have chosen to dis/play on s3d, but the being-“knighted”-admin- by-boy brought out the worst of that personae.

If you yourself identify yourself with Rommel@s3d You now go through hell, if not, take a step back.

Loke

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@loke wrote:

If you yourself identify yourself with Rommel@s3d You now go through hell, if not, take a step back.

I am afraid I cannot do that until I hear from Rommel. He has a chance to become a better part of this community,contribute to the future, and choose humility over self pride. Rommel in all the PMs we have had, you never once treated me as you have others in the forum. Im not sure if its because I was a new face: untouched by problems of the past, willing to meet your suggestions with an openmind,or maybe you just liked me as a person.

Some people use the Internet to feel talked to,to be important,or cared for, if you feel this way, tell us so.We all come here to get away from real life, and to report bugs, or ask questions.

Rommel I would like to ask you for a public apology addressed to the community,an explanation for your conflictive behavior, a promise to better yourself in the eyes of the forum-goers, and for you to step down from your admin position.

This I am afraid, is the only way to stay connected with this community, right now its me and you, standing in front of this community, theyre ready to tear you apart Rommel.They’re scrutinizing every aspect of anyone who associates themself with you. I am here, waiting for you to make a move. Make the right one and ill stay, tarry/stall or try to dodge this one, and im stepping aside. Im sorry its come to this. This lots a good lot, but enough is enough for them.

The consequences of your actions within the next few posts will probbably be the decider for you: banning, from the game and any future contact with the forums is at stake. If you truly love this game and community, failure is not an option here.

@loke
    If he cannot forgo his need to feel important or in power, then there is nothing I can do to help him, and will kindly step aside. All I ask from you and from the community is abit of patience and understanding. I know if I ask for it, I will recieve it. I realize some of you wish to be vengeful at your keyboards and scald/bash those who stand in your way. I ask you wait for Rommels reply.

Were all here Rommel, watching, waiting, make your move. [-o<
    Kanga

Loke
    Participant

KBunny, you are sadly mistaken if you believe that your friendship with Rommel will reflect badly upon you, in my eyes the exact opposite is true.
    I hope I made it crystal clear that my beef is about Rommel being unsuited for the role of an admin, while I welcome him as a regular (having some hogs and bats up my sleeve of course).

Oh BTW,

@Kangabunny wrote:

I am afraid I cannot do that until I hear from Rommel.@loke wrote:

What I wrote was solely addressed to Rommel and not meant to discourage you mediating in this matter, on the contrary, I rather welcome your involvement.

Loke

Viking62
    Participant

I look at life like this: We are all solely responsible for our actions. Also, at times, an inaction is equally uplifting/damning to oneself. (depends on the circumstances at hand)-An apology…. We are beyond a mere set of typed words making much difference now. If a person accidentally smites/hurts you as collateral damage(you were in the way);You may choose to forgive them. If it continues over & over;it was definitely a series of acts meant to harm you(this warrants action).

I am a sensible guy-I know I am a member of a group & as such-I try to conduct myself without malice,malicious intent,harmful rhetoric toward others. I want to be treated the same way I treat others- The~ “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” Motto.

I have said my part & cleared my conscience. I respect no person no less for not standing with me in this matter-I respect your compassion for another human being (I have that also-Until my compassion is no longer a viable end to a means). I stand alone quite a lot in real life also-voicing how I feel,going against what is popular,striving for what I see as right,just & honorable (for myself,my family,and in this case;for a group of my peers & friends).
    The only cloak I use here is in my name (character choice)-This is me-I chose VIKING as it fits me when I get angry(also,My ancestral birthright) & I do know that the pen is mightier than the sword. I choose now not to have Rommel beat about the head by myself any longer. It is now up to members of this community to make a decision for themselves. I will abide by this groups decisions pursuant to status quo.

I have no empathy left for you Rommel and for that I am truly sorry.

Chopper
    Participant

Lotsa wisdom in the posts above Rommel….you can heed it or not……the game’s players are coming back.

Its good. =D>

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘Forum moderator/server admin BOY’ is closed to new replies.