This topic contains 159 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  bazzz 7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

xtc
    Participant

Couple weeks ago visiting this forum I noticed a message from a forum member in this thread, the meaning of which being an announcement has no sense. The author of the thread is moderator BOY and forum has a lot of his threads making no sense, but being made announcements or sticky topics. Looks like BOY just wants to attract attention to himself. He got some of mine.

The message I saw was suggestion to moderator BOY to reduce his signature, which is quite large:

Chopper:
    I really enjoy talking with folks in other countries, drinking stoli/tonic… pulling off shots that seem impossible, drinking..

Fact: CO2 = less than .04% (.00038) of the atmosphere – only a small fraction of that is man made.

It is no good when the one who is a forum moderator has bulky signature, and it is especially not good when that moderator is the one who dictates others to limit the size of theirs.

So, there was a forum member post suggesting BOY to decrease this signature. I had read the post and returned to the forum index, which shown me that the latest post was already referring to another author. I followed the link and saw not the new post, but the previous post disappeared, and moderator BOY was indicated to be online.

Should it be said that even with a very substantial reason to edit somebody else’s post, or to erase it – such as rude language, law violation or spam – to leave a message with moderators note of reasons for that being made is a proper way of moderation for the civilized community.

To erase a post that contained nothing bad is far beyond than that. This is a small community and not an overmoderated forum. Not all posts follow the topics and it never did harm to anyone. You can find many examples of whole threads which would fit other section of forum, and I don’t mean offtopic – that could be offensive, but they are where they are and it makes no problem.

However, speaking of the case to do a simple and not offensive moderation job – there are two posts in this section, few lines below this one.
    [attachment=1:1x22b3vo]forum posts.jpg[/attachment:1x22b3vo]
    They are just a player mistake (profile shows him being new to forum) – instead of replying to own thread he started a new one. It could be a matter of few minutes to read them, understand they are intended to be in one thread and to combine these.

But while the mentioned post disappeared at the speed of light, these two are here for nearly a month already. Of course, this could not be done, because as we know from other places, BOY is able to read only himself.

It goes far beyond than just that. Some time ago there was a thread, started by forum member, that was referring to serious problem. The name of the thread contained no offense, law violation or rude language. It was ‘Locked Thread’.

However, after moderator BOY’s visit to forum, its name was changed into an expression of threat and mockery.
    [attachment=0:1x22b3vo]mockery.jpg[/attachment:1x22b3vo]
    Of course, no notice was made about that, as first of all this action had no valid reason.

But it clearly shows that in this forum no one can be sure his posts are not being deleted or edited by moderators, in fact moderators do that just for their own fun and forum members can not even know what of all that is being written is being substituted by moderators.

Altogether I find this to be a miserable example of moderation job, lacking even basic ethics, that gives extraordinarily poor presentation of the community.

I dont understand why server admin BOY dictates players how to play the game:
    @boy wrote:

MCB (missiles chutes batts) only is now strictly prohibited on the main server.

This is a popular “rule” many veterans like to play by. This will no longer be allowed.

The rule of MCB needs to dissapear forever. A player should never have to ask, “what’s MCB?” It should never be mentioned.

Does that mean that from now on admins tell players what weapons to choose and how to call their way of playing?

I dont understand why server admin BOY turns main into experimenting field for his weird ideas that make many players lose interest in the game.

There was a time when I was posting a lot of ideas about the game as feature requests. Although the idea for discussion is million light years away from forcing things upon others, and even the tone of request was no way anything demanding, I was given an advice – make your own mod. It was a good advice. Make your own mod and show that these ideas are worth something.

We know, BOY had already made one. It was not popular. When the game was at its peak of popularity and there was a lot of life on all servers, it was not popular.

So I would like to see replies in this thread of all people, who, should their child get a serious disease, would bring him to the doctor whose one and only patient died.

Why wont BOY just get back to modding, and after he manages to get some regular players, maybe he learns to VALUE them.

And after he gets some experience on making things popular, that knowledge can become a real contribution to the game.

But most of all what I don’t understand is why are other admins letting this happen.

Why don’t you protect the players?

Hyde911
    Participant

Hi X, it’s nice to see You alive.
    This is all I’ve been trying say for weeks. Boy is a self-appointed dictator who shows interest only to idolatrous opinions about him and his “great” ideas and just denies the rest. Most of old player are very displeased with recent server changes, and what Boy does?? Nothing. He doesn’t try convenience anybody to his ideas or even comment others doubts. He just doesn’t give a shit.

bazzz
    Participant

I agree that there could be better ways to communicate and implement changes that will upset players.

I strongly disagree with inflated terms like dictator and such. I understand the personal feelings involved but certainly it doesn’t help communicating or making things change for the better.

Maybe you have tried outside of public view and didn’t get a satisfactory response that validates such politics, but i suppose you have to explain it better if thats true.

Unless you want a shouting match where nothing gets solved of course. Then i wish you luck.

Hyde911
    Participant

@bazzz wrote:

I agree that there could be better ways to communicate and implement changes that will upset players.

I strongly disagree with inflated terms like dictator and such. I understand the personal feelings involved but certainly it doesn’t help communicating or making things change for the better.

But there is NO communication. I was really polite and described my remarks. But there was no reply. I’ve had enough of this.
    I’m very glad Xtc rose to speak about this problem. Maybe he will be heeded.

bazzz
    Participant

In that case you have a valid argument i suppose.

There is a admin message board thats used to communicate right?

I have been wondering for some time how that works out, i had some expierences in the past that made me wonder.

Lately it seems that for the public view at least the only active admin is Boy. If he makes decisions that are not welcomed by the rest of the group it can only be partly be the fault of one person.

Unless he is a really strong and effective dictator you do have the power to influence decisions as a admin or moderator right?

Hyde911
    Participant

@bazzz wrote:

In that case you have a valid argument i suppose.

There is a admin message board thats used to communicate right?

I have been wondering for some time how that works out, i had some expierences in the past that made me wonder.

Lately it seems that for the public view at least the only active admin is Boy. If he makes decisions that are not welcomed by the rest of the group it can only be partly be the fault of one person.

I said many time I’m glad he took this responsibility, server were empty and something had to be done. I didn’t like the way of changes at the very beginning but I didn’t really mind because new settings had to be tried. But the more changes Boy introduced the less attention he paid to what people said. With two exceptions: PoM and Rommel the only guys who like Boy’s changes. And what happened next? PoM and Romm became admins. I don’t mind it, but circumstances are quite suspicious.

naka
    Participant

There is so much Idiotism lately. Many good ppl quited the game in the past years. Many of the admins quitted too. And they were a verry good shooters and very clever and good ppl.

Yes there is a admin forum. I Sence no One wants to reply there and no one want to argue whit the stupid things. The adimin forum is now all around flooded whit rommels posts.

MCB isnt prohibited. That was only the boy’s Fantasies. It wasnt approved by anyone. So Everyone can play Whatever HE/SHE LIKES!

This is PM reply i got from Gavin, a few days after so called ‘RULE’ was annonced.

@gcamp wrote:

@naka wrote:

Hi,
    Is this supported by you???

@boy wrote:

MCB (missiles chutes batts) only is now strictly prohibited on the main server.

This is a popular “rule” many veterans like to play by. This will no longer be allowed. Anyone who insists on telling other players what sort of rules they must play by will be muted or perma-muted. Players that wish to play MCB may discuss this only privately (by whisper).

The rule of MCB needs to dissapear forever. A player should never have to ask, “what’s MCB?” It should never be mentioned.

prohibited??? muting???

Sry but I feel it is my moral obligation to tell every one that they are allowed to play whatever game /mcb, babies, ffa… etc/ they like on the main server.

Nothing to do with me, I stay out of that kind of thing 🙂

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Naka :

Had there not been so many Idiotism threads about me in the admin
    forum, the majority of my posts would not have been required.

My replies were not intended to be hurtful but instead, intended to make
    some rather simple points about questions of right and wrong that were
    obviously either ignored or intentionally violated.

GOOD JOB

If you can find a few minutes, I hope that you will read my replies and the
    posts that required them. If you find anything in my replies to be disturbing
    or out of line, please let me know in the proper thread(s) as I requested.

@naka wrote:

There is so much Idiotism lately. Many good ppl quited the game in the past years. Many of the admins quitted too. And they were a verry good shooters and very clever and good ppl.

Yes there is a admin forum. I Sence no One wants to reply there and no one want to argue whit the stupid things. The adimin forum is now all around flooded whit rommels posts.

The sooner we put the past Idiotism in the past,
    the sooner we can move on to more important issues.

Sincerely,

Rommel

bazzz
    Participant

I can only imagine the goldmine you fell into.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi bazzz :

I am not at liberty to discuss the posts of the others but feel that I can
    share my single post reply to one of the threads without committing a
    protocol violation or revealing something that only admins are allowed to
    know.

========================================================

In all that you do, there is one question above all others :

Is it right?

“If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” – Marcus Aurelius

=========================================================

I commented on 12 of the most recent threads that
    concerned me while choosing to ignore many others.

Best wishes,

Rommel

bazzz
    Participant

I don’t need to know what, it would only confirm what i felt all along.

I know well enough how people behave when they expect no one to find out about it. For some reason i always feel it before i know it, i call it paranoirmal.

Its awesome to have the advantage to say anything you want about someone you dislike in a closed group, they cant reply to defend it and if they suspect whats happening its even better; it makes them feel like shit and when they complain about it they are easily portrayed as delusional.

Politics as usual.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

cant you just PM each other, get on skype or something so youre not just silly anonymous internet voices and sort out your differences? youre all grown men, with families and kids and jobs!

bazzz
    Participant

cant you just PM each other, get on skype or something so youre not just silly anonymous internet voices and sort out your differences? youre all grown men, with families and kids and jobs!

Me and rom or the admins? Me i like to be a silly anonymous voice on the internet.

Chopper
    Participant

I neither read nor care about anything posted by Romme in the admin forum.

all I care to say ’bout dat.

Rommel
    Participant

Rommel puts on his admin hat and dances wildly about the room, while
    pinching all the girls and slapping everyone’s drinks off of their tables.

Whhhhoooooeeeee I sure is drunk.

You just stated that you refuse to read the
    posts that I have made in the admin forum.

@Chopper wrote:

I neither read nor care about anything posted by Romme in the admin forum.

all I care to say ’bout dat.

Feeling sick, Rommel takes off his admin hat and pukes in it.

Then seeing that Chopper doesn’t have one on at the moment,
    he yanks his over Choppers head and roughly shoves him toward
    the admin forums.

I extended my hand in friendship silly rabbit, Trix are for kids.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘Forum moderator/server admin BOY’ is closed to new replies.