This topic contains 81 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

BOY
    Participant

Rommel, I am amused that you would go so low as to drag up the election of 2000. You’re an intelligent dude, intelligent enough to try to start a never ending fight on the offtopic forum 😆

-Al Gore is sore about losing, that is fine, he lost Florida fair and square.

-Of all the illegal things that the Supreme Court has done, ending the recounts is not one of them. What is illegal is forcing people to sell their land to developers for gas stations and shopping malls against thier will.

Rommel
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

@rommel wrote:

When are the U.N. atomic weapons inspectors going to be allowed to inspect Israel? Isn’t it long past time to force Israel to come clean and allow unrestricted inspections or risk being bombed too?
    Rommel

Come clean on what? Do we not all already know Israel has atomic weapons? Hell, I am pretty sure the USA sold them nuclear bunker buster bombs recently. This is not news.

I can’t seem to find the answers to any of the questions I posed, but the answer to yours is no. Without an adaquate inspection we can only suspect.

@deathbal wrote:

Who is going to bomb Israel? The USA are their allies. I’ll also have you know that the U.N. is not very popular with Americans.

Good question. If I had the answer and could prove it I’d be very wealthy indeed. What concerns me more right now is, who is going to bomb us. I don’t have the answer to either.

@deathbal wrote:

Speaking as a Christian……..I will tell you with the upmost confidence that the U.N has no place in Israel. If Israel did everything the U.N proposed there would be no Israel. I’m pretty sure another on this board is more knowledgable on this subject. But you can be sure they are not going to lay down and die. Especially with the USA’s support. Weapons inspectors don’t come into the USA, they won’t be allowed in Israel. I’m speaking as a United States citizen. Israel is not a threat to me. I don’t care if they are inspected or not.

This wasn’t about Israel, it was about the hypocracy of our foriegn policy. They were mentioned earlier and seemed like a good example at the time. There are numerous others if you’d prefer. Considering that China isn’t a Christain nation, perhaps we should discuss our foreign policy with them instead. I hope you caught that. 😉

As for your statement about the U.N and Israel, I really haven’t thought about it but perhaps you are right. In November of 1947 the UN voted to partition Palestine and create two states, one Arab and one Jewish with the city of Jerusalem to be under the direct administration of the United Nations.

The point was that continuing down this same path is ludicrous at best, disasterous at worst. Perhaps you aren’t a fan of George Washington’s Farewell Speech to the American People but I am. Believing in the principles of the founders, America’s traditional values if you will, certainly seems to be very Un-American lately and I don’t like it.

A great many people regard Jonathan Pollard as a National hero. Perhaps you do as well, and I respect your freedom to think as you see fit but I do expect all Americans to think. After all, I’m forced to make involuntary contributions to the Federally funded education system and I’d like to think we are getting people through high school that know how to think. Anything that makes us think, regardless of what we decide, is a plus as long as we can provide rational reasoning to back our decision.

In closing, the Uninted States of America is indeed a member nation of the IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) and does allow inspections. This seems like a good idea to me, but only if it is uniformly implemented. Don’t be alarmed but we are currently being inspected to verify the disarmament treaties we signed with the Russians.

May the force be with you,

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Boy:

Good to see you back.@boy wrote:

Rommel, I am amused that you would go so low as to drag up the election of 2000. You’re an intelligent dude, intelligent enough to try to start a never ending fight on the offtopic forum 😆

-Al Gore is sore about losing, that is fine, he lost Florida fair and square.

-Of all the illegal things that the Supreme Court has done, ending the recounts is not one of them. What is illegal is forcing people to sell their land to developers for gas stations and shopping malls against thier will.

Then let us agree to disagree on that one. It’s just one of many examples I could use to show the arrogance and ineptitude of the court, didn’t mean to step on the toes of the “loyal bushies.” In fact I thought that they were mostly an urban myth. 😉 Fortunately we have some common ground. I’m sure you’d make a most worthy adversary, but you make a much better ally.

I hope you’re staying warm and out of the ditches,

Rommel

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I believe the bit that your ALL missing here is the simple fact that Americans must own everything, its the way you are…….
    I say that as if you read the topic of this thread it is

“For the English players here:”

It was started with

@princey wrote:

Jeremy Clarkson for prime minister?? What you think??

But you saw something that didnt involve you, but you had to throw more people at it than anyone else and make it your own!!!!!!! 😆

However, on the subject of Bush geting to power and the recounting and recounting.
    From what I have seen / heard, its not the recounting that was the issue, they could recount until they were red, white and blue in the face, but when a rather larger group of people were not given their vote, it makes no difference how many times the votes were counted, if they are not all their, they cannot be counted.
    That was the biggest issue with that election apparently, not the recounting.

That may / may not be true, but it is what was reported over here a few years later, ofcourse, there are always three sides to every story, which one is true, I am not sure!

Deathbal
    Participant

This wasn’t about Israel, it was about the hypocracy of our foriegn policy

I don’t care if it is hypocracy. As long as the US. does what is in it’s best interest. Within reason of course. It would be foolish to think the US would treat tentative enemies the same as allies. Call it hypocracy if you like. But the alternative is calling them stupid.

Deathbal
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

From what I have seen / heard, its not the recounting that was the issue, they could recount until they were red, white and blue in the face, but when a rather larger group of people were not given their vote, it makes no difference how many times the votes were counted, if they are not all their, they cannot be counted.

I’m not sure what you mean? Every ballot was counted at least twice. Many others a third time. Which ballots were not there? Did they get lost?

I’d pay all of my bills if I could just find that million dollars I have around here somewhere, really 😆

BigBear
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

I believe the bit that your ALL missing here is the simple fact that Americans must own everything, its the way you are…….
    I say that as if you read the topic of this thread it is

“For the English players here:”

It was started with

@princey wrote:

Jeremy Clarkson for prime minister?? What you think??

But you saw something that didnt involve you, but you had to throw more people at it than anyone else and make it your own!!!!!!! 😆

Bah! Surely you could have thrown a bone to the poor swede that actually knows who Jeremy Clarkson is and took the time and effort to brush the original subject. You are as focused on America(ns) as they are themselves! 😉 😛

Jokes aside I have a fascination for political/philosophical discussions. Being an engineer (well almost, won’t be long now) I tend to like problems that are tangible. Problems that have a solution. These kind of issues are of a completely different kind though. There is no “correct” solution, just points of view and personal perception of right and wrong. Still it’s fascinating to throw the subject around trading blows/thoughts in a seemingly perpetual cycle. You know that the best possible outcome is that you agree to disagree and yet you keep going at it. Human nature is a wonderous thing.

@deathbal wrote:

I don’t care if it is hypocracy. As long as the US. does what is in it’s best interest.

Makes me think of the film “A beautiful mind”. The main character has a theory that sometimes the best result for the individual is to do what is best for himself as well as doing what is best for the group. In an increasingly globalized world, I wonder how far even the most powerful nations can focus merely on the self ignoring the “group” (read world community) and still accomplish a benefitial result for themselves.

That’s about as much philosophizing I can stand in one day! L8er!

Deathbal
    Participant

heheh BB, you left out the next line.

Anyway, I use a lot of one liners because I do not feel like typeing too much. But they can be taken out of context.

There are many people that do not believe the USA holds Israel to the same standards as other countries. That would be true. It’s not an oddity, they are our allies. I also believe those that wish the US. to hold Israel to those same standards as others in the middle east would also like to see Israel disarmed and slaughtered.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

This wasn’t about Israel, it was about the hypocracy of our foriegn policy

I don’t care if it is hypocracy. As long as the US. does what is in it’s best interest. Within reason of course. It would be foolish to think the US would treat tentative enemies the same as allies. Call it hypocracy if you like. But the alternative is calling them stupid.

Now thats a statement and a half.
    I wonder if you have the nerve to honestly say that about yourself?

I don’t think that the states would exist for long if it lived by that, even if the rest of the world does suspect it of doing so, saying it aloud and making a point of it would be suicidal.
    I can’t stand people that are all about themselves, I have barely spoken to a guy that I considered my brother for several years because he came out with a similar statement, thats how strongly I feel about selfish people!

@deathbal wrote:

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

I’m not sure what you mean? Every ballot was counted at least twice. Many others a third time. Which ballots were not there? Did they get lost?

I’d pay all of my bills if I could just find that million dollars I have around here somewhere, really 😆

Aparently alot of voting cards were not sent out to many areas, which, coincidently would not traditionally vote ‘the right way’
    Therefore, it wouldnt matter how many times or how accurately the votes were counted, the true result would never come out (if those people HAD voted the way expected)!

Big Bear (im not quoting yours, too much to cut), there were a few people that stuck with the original post, but it appeared to be almost all Americans that took it away until the origianl post disappeared (this is a jokey statement BTW, incase people dont get it)

As for not having a right / wrong and only being peoples own opinions, yea, I love them too (as you already know) but only with people that understand that it is about opinions, that people are entitled to their opinions and that noone is right / wrong. When it strays away I am not so keen.

BigBear
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

heheh BB, you left out the next line.

Anyway, I use a lot of one liners because I do not feel like typeing too much. But they can be taken out of context.

Ah yes I did, but I did note it and did not intend to put things out of context. Besides what constitutes reasonable limits could get 5 pages of posts alone if we decided to go down that road i bet.

Oh and keep at it with the onliners. Me I like to go on and on often having to force myself to stop so that at least some will have the energy to read the entire post. Variety is good! 😉

—EDIT—
    @peanut
    Dammit, I forgot my sarcasm tag yet AGAIN!!! Damned be teh internets for its inability to convey tone of voice that would reveal the intended meaning of a sentence. In other words, I was joking if that was not apparent. 😉 😛

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

But adding your tone wouldnt help anyway, as the tone you have for one thing would be different to the one someone else would use.
    I know this as you are from the same country and the Koenisegg, which, like the rest of you is entirely off the hook and completely abnormal 😛

BOY
    Participant

I vote for Al Gore as next PM of England. You guys would love him up there. (trying my best to get the topic centered back where it belongs :P)

Nevermind that there is no such thing as global warming – Don’t bother to tell all Gore, he’s too busy making money from carbon credits. 😀

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

oh dear, not the global warming issue, thats even worse!

BigBear
    Participant

Oh noes!!! Run awaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Run awaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

BOY
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

oh dear, not the global warming issue, thats even worse!

SHHHHH!

😆 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.