This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 11 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ships…

Sondra
    Participant

It would be more fun to see those one getting down the water ;x

jdog
    Participant

WOW. Can we blow them up too?

You sank my battleship!

Willis
    Participant

I got a better idea,

have the ships sink you 😈

Deathstryker
    Participant

Who made those?! That intimidates me and makes me want to make a fisherman’s boat.

DireWolf
    Participant

now that is downright cool, now if you can just get them to attack the bagman they would be perfect!! 😈

BOY
    Participant

That sets up such a great atmosphere, I love it.

No need to be shot at from the ships though, i get shot at enogh as it is. 😀

DireWolf
    Participant

@boy wrote:

maybe not shot at, but it would be cool if at the end of the round they could fire @ the island, kinda like the end of round meteors and such 😉

Deathstryker
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

@boy wrote:

maybe not shot at, but it would be cool if at the end of the round they could fire @ the island, kinda like the end of round meteors and such 😉

Omg, that’s a great idea, Soupie!

SPYRER
    Participant

😯 😯 😯 😯 😯
    OMFG
    🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
    when????

Great to see Gavin just when you can’t top yourself you do!!!

Blasterman
    Participant

WOW!!!! When can submarines be added to that fleet??? All I can say is: DAMN THE TORPEDOS!!!! Those are awesome!

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

thank you that looks great!!

perfect!

question:

Did you make the small boat shiping lanes for inside the walls as well?

might be neat to see the smaller sailboatsshrimp boatsfloating letters in a bottle.. on course sailing arround scorched islands 😀

hey forest wanna be a shrimp boat captain?
    fried shrimp, gumbo shrimp, .. BUBBA!

cheers

DireWolf
    Participant

um……. are you saying the ships will move?
    awsome 😀

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@.-*-.ShoCkwaVe.-*-. wrote:

thank you that looks great!!

perfect!

question:

Did you make the small boat shiping lanes for inside the walls as well?

might be neat to see the smaller sailboatsshrimp boatsfloating letters in a bottle.. on course sailing arround scorched islands 😀

hey forest wanna be a shrimp boat captain?
    fried shrimp, gumbo shrimp, .. BUBBA!

cheers

You define the shipping lanes using a set of control points for each shipping lane. A lane is then created by joining all of these controll points together with a spline curve. The lane will go whereever the control points are specified.

So yes I guess you could put the lanes near the islands. Currently the control points have a random aspect however and no check is made that the path does not cross the land.

Perhaps that is a v2.

After that you define a set of ships to use the shipping lane and they are grouped together.

hobbesme
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

You define the shipping lanes using a set of control points for each shipping lane. A lane is then created by joining all of these controll points together with a spline curve. The lane will go whereever the control points are specified.

So yes I guess you could put the lanes near the islands. Currently the control points have a random aspect however and no check is made that the path does not cross the land.

Are you saying that randomly generated shipping lanes will pass through land creating ghost ships that can sail through land & tanks?!

Coooool. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.