This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

Hi JDog:

Yeah, that was the best I could do too. I can’t get any decent looking fog using the GL Shaders no matter what I try. Other than crippiling the fog, do they add much to the overall experience of the game?
    @jdog wrote:

I’ve found no settings other then turning the GL shaders off to have the fog be showed like it was in the “old way” it was. 🙁

Other then that, I can’t do much of anything right now other then just work on other maps till Gavin can find the right fix (no rush Gavin, I can make some evil maps without it. 🙂 )

I’ve played several games using them and not using them, but I don’t see an appreciable difference in the game when using them. This might be me, or it could be my machine, I have no good way to evaluate and no one has given a clear answer to this question.

Best wishes,

Rommel

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

theres a huge difference, rom. turning off the shaders cripples the water. strange that you dont see it on yours.

just a guess: do u have an nvidia card? do u maybe have ‘gl extension limit’ turned on in the nv control panel? or maybe your g card doesnt support full water?

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Laptops Daddy:

@laptops Daddy wrote:

theres a huge difference, rom. turning off the shaders cripples the water. strange that you dont see it on yours.

just a guess: do u have an nvidia card? do u maybe have ‘gl extension limit’ turned on in the nv control panel? or maybe your g card doesnt support full water?

The water looks GREAT either way. No complaints there. Yes, I have a nVidia Ge Force Go 6600 in a Toshiba Qosmio. No control panel (thanks Toshiba). nVida wil not provide support for this product and Toshiba’s support is non-existant.

They refer everyone to an off-site laptop computer discussion BBS. Not very professional of them considering the cost of this machine but as I said, no complaints at all on the display either way.

The game start up information indicates the GL functions are loading without error.

I’ve got to get to sleep ….

Rommel

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.