This topic contains 44 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Panther30 9 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

BigBear
    Participant

@panther30 wrote:

TraT,

yeah I guess i remembered it wrong, took several bbms before I got through rommel’s dirt enough for napalm (regular) to work. Test my method with Hot napalm and see if it works better. keep testing, and I will keep turning the self-dirters into volcanoes.

thanks for the information, I will keep it in mind,

—Panther

I tried it offline as well. It’s perfectly doable in 3 shots, but extremely hard in 2 even with hot napalm. That pretty much requires a perfect hit with a nuke or hvy riot bomb.

Rommel
    Participant

There’s one thing. – Curly from City Slickers@trat wrote:

It all comes down to how much money it takes to kill a dirter compared to how much it takes to kill a shielder, I say that they are equivalent, without an equivalent cost spent by the dirter.

Dirt has serious limitations whereas a shield has no limitations at all, thus they are not the same.

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

I seem to recall getting killed several times with one shot, immediatly after dirting. SandHogs of any type are superb for a one shot kill. It’s the same with a laser if the dirted player is heaily damaged and the same with a digger if they have no chutes.@bigbear wrote:

@panther30 wrote:

TraT,

yeah I guess i remembered it wrong, took several bbms before I got through rommel’s dirt enough for napalm (regular) to work. Test my method with Hot napalm and see if it works better. keep testing, and I will keep turning the self-dirters into volcanoes.

thanks for the information, I will keep it in mind,

—Panther

I tried it offline as well. It’s perfectly doable in 3 shots, but extremely hard in 2 even with hot napalm. That pretty much requires a perfect hit with a nuke or hvy riot bomb.

Rommel

BigBear
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

I seem to recall getting killed several times with one shot, immediatly after dirting. SandHogs of any type are superb for a one shot kill. It’s the same with a laser if the dirted player is heaily damaged and the same with a digger if they have no chutes.

Rommel

Hello captain obvious! 😉 😛

bazzz
    Participant

By the rate this thread is growing one might conclude that dirting must be a great advantage if used correctly,if you are willing to put up with the stigma of being a Dirting Bastage and people teaming up on you.
    If people decide to team up let them do so imo they will grow weaker as an individual.

Deathbal
    Participant

The problem is if there are a lot of player around. Usually they start to shoot at you. Sometimes you do see the last few players say, “lets get the dirter first”.

In most cases this tactic is used by new players or players that think they cannot compete otherwise. Usually. So the problem isn’t that bad. But if any experienced player wants to use this tactic at the end of the game, provided it is close, he can win quite easily. Because in a field of 8-10 players it does take a unified effort to take out the dirter.

I’ll say it again. I think dirt should be used to block shots, not cover tanks. Any dirt hitting a tank should place that tank on top just like when it happens when a tank is moving.

bazzz
    Participant

I agree with most you say DB but not on the change you propose, since it is in the game and usable in that way it is a legitimate tactic, if it annoys people enough maybe someone will make a dirtless mod or alternatively an all dirt mod.
    Imo it adds a subtile flavour to the wide range of possible ways to play the game, but taste does differ from one person to another.

If there is a need to change tough, your suggestion is the best one i heard so far.

Deathbal
    Participant

Sometimes mistakes can be made. If this is a loophole being taken advantage of, then my suggestion would fit. If not, and it was intended to be used in this manner, then I would agree with you.

Thrax
    Participant

/nul

Deathbal
    Participant

You are correct, Thrax, I cannot argue your point

xtc
    Participant

I voted for 20.000 base price.

Current 6.750 is the same as in the original Scorched Earth.

But the other prices were: 10.000 for 3 MIRVs, 5.000 for batts, 20.000 for DH and !ATTENTION! 7.500 for 2 funky bombs. Besides there was Lazy Boy at 20.000 for 2.

Now we have basic prices 30.000 !!! for MIRVs, 15.000 for batts, dont even mention other prices.

Dirt+laser tactics is valid, but why is it favoured so much???

I love mirvs, for example, but why do I have to pay triple price for my favourite tactics?

Either give me mirvs for 10.000 and batts for 5.000 if you going to keep dirt at 6.750 or make dirt cost 20.000.

30.000 to 10.000 is about the same ratio as 20.000 to 6.750.
    Make things consistent please.

@deathbal wrote:

I think dirt should be used to block shots, not cover tanks. Any dirt hitting a tank should place that tank on top just like when it happens when a tank is moving.

Then people would use dirt to lift themselves up to avoid being hit (unless its a very high angle shot) every time when expect it and dont see chance to kill back – the same reason current dirt is used, mostly by noobs. Building up those skyscrapers again but now sitting on their tops and saying to those who shoot them: “I pee on you [nickname]” (c) Evil Kenny 2007…

EatMyCar
    Participant

Dirt+laser tactics is valid, but why is it favoured so much???

I know two people who dirt often on main. Myself and Rommel. Thats not a lot of favouritism toward a tactic if the majority prefer to use MIRVs and the like.

Though I do agree that the current prices are, shit really. A return to old prices, or applying Scorched Earth’s prices to the weapons, would be lovely to see.

Deathbal
    Participant

I don’t know, maybe dirt can dud if it comes in contact with another tank? That would stop the tower of tank.

Mcb Lover
    Participant

What is this topic about? there are no problem with dirt, its just not works…I think main fun in this game not win, but kills..so if someone wants to dirt let him go and leave the dirt along.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Vitos:

Well said.@Mcb Lover wrote:

What is this topic about? there are no problem with dirt, its just not works…I think main fun in this game not win, but kills..so if someone wants to dirt let him go and leave the dirt along.

I couldn’t agree more.

Sincerely,

Rommel

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.