This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 10 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Picci
    Participant

thx cbx, as soon as i get the power supply for my laptop (shipped from hong kong 2 weeks ago) i’ll try without the router… at the moment, with the desktop pc, i can’t…

i’ll try everything u said asap, stuffed with hw this week so i dunno if i can, surely as soon as i get time to i’ll get it working…

thx cbx !

imported_gcamp
    Participant

The other thing you can do when you get your laptop is use it to diagnose the port issues with the PC.

Picci
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

The other thing you can do when you get your laptop is use it to diagnose the port issues with the PC.

ehm… ok.,,,,

how could i do that ?

😀

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Connect the laptop and PC to the same LAN.
    Run a server on the PC.
    From the laptop try to browse scorched3d LAN games.

If you can see the game and connect then its a router issue, otherwise its a firewall issue.

If you can’t see the game, connect via its IP address. If this works then its a UDP firewall issue (port 27271), if you can’t its both a UDP (27271) and TCP (27270) firewall issue.

Picci
    Participant

oh,ok, could i do that with an old pc that sits next to the server and a cross cable from the old pc to the one the server runs on ?

btw, while testing, thrax connected to my server via IP and it seemed to work, but the problem is the

Server Name Mod Players Round Version State Password

all just show a dash, and the only thing that appears is the IP:port
    (in the server list i mean)

so i’ll connect the laptop as soon as i get it, to the same lan the server is on, and see if it sees the name of the server, mod, players…etc… if it does see them, then it’s a router problem,

should be what u said, right ?

thx 🙂

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Yeah that’s right. If you can see “Server Name Mod Players Round Version State Password” though LAN its the router, if not the firewall.

Picci
    Participant

i connected my MainPC and my Laptop with a lan cross cable to get internet on my laptop… and when i run the server on the MainPC if i refresh the lan games on my laptop, i can see the game name and all the details. If i refresh the internet games i only get the IP and gray “?”….

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Looks like a router port forwarding/opening issue then.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.