This topic contains 109 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  tlon 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

Rommel
    Participant

Rommel
    Participant

Rommel
    Participant

Rommel
    Participant

Rommel
    Participant

Rommel
    Participant

Rommel
    Participant

sabi
    Participant

6th of august 1945
    First nuke in history
    hope it will the last one

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@sabi wrote:

it wasnt the last one. they dropped another a couple of days later.

a war crime like no other.

Hyde911
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

@sabi wrote:

Its funny that US tells who can and who cannot have nuclear weapon. Since its the only country which have used it.

Rommel
    Participant

Deathbal
    Participant

@hyde911 wrote:

@laptops Daddy wrote:

@sabi wrote:

Its funny that US tells who can and who cannot have nuclear weapon. Since its the only country which have used it.

Hyde, I agree with you so make no mistake. But that is how things are done at every level. It may not seem right, but it does make sense. Those that have the power will always try and limit others for reasons of self preservation. They will try and deny potential enemies and look the other way when concerning friends. No different than if you had a gun and did not allow your enemy the same, if you could control that. If you think realistically, you’d have to be foolish to not care who possessed nukes soley based on the fact that you have them.

Hyde911
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

Hyde, I agree with you so make no mistake. But that is how things are done at every level. It may not seem right, but it does make sense. Those that have the power will always try and limit others for reasons of self preservation. They will try and deny potential enemies and look the other way when concerning friends.

I understand DB. But preemptive attack is one thing, wiping out two cities with inhhabitants is something completely different. Killing 250 000 people it three days is crime against humanity.

@deathbal wrote:

No different than if you had a gun and did not allow your enemy the same, if you could control that. If you think realistically, you’d have to be foolish to not care who possessed nukes soley based on the fact that you have them.

I’m last person who wants to give nukes to any other country. I rather think that too many have it (Israel and of course North Korea). I just think that desicion who should and who shouldn’t have nuclear weapon have to be made by all major powers (USA, EU, China, Russia and Japan).

Deathbal
    Participant

@hyde911 wrote:

I understand DB. But preemptive attack is one thing, wiping out two cities with inhhabitants is something completely different. Killing 250 000 people it three days is crime against humanity.

I’m no WWII expert, but I think the idea was to cut down on the deaths of US soldiers having to take the mainland. That is a hard decision.

I’m last person who wants to give nukes to any other country. I rather think that too many have it (Israel and of course North Korea). I just think that desicion who should and who shouldn’t have nuclear weapon have to be made by all major powers (USA, EU, China, Russia and Japan).

I think the world at times does try to find an ideal method. But at some point each country has to individually act in it’s self interest, if no one else will.

Take Israel for example. Whether they are right or wrong is not the focus. The focus is simply situational. If they truly fear that a nuke in one of their enemies hands would be devastating, they will act accordingly. They cannot leave that decision up to other countries that may not have the same fear. Or may not care one way or the other.

Does China really have to worry about N. Korean nukes? Does Russia have to worry about Iranian nukes? Now replace China with S. Korea or Japan and Russia with Israel and you will have a different opinion and a new set of arguments. There is just no ideal situation. This is what makes a mess out of things.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.