This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Brain Damage
    Participant

what about to add the a tag like to projectiles? would be very useful in many weapons
    also when using what about the projectile would dud if hits before time fuse, unless specified with ?

Bobirov
    Participant

@Brain Damage wrote:

what about to add the a tag like to projectiles? would be very useful in many weapons
    also when using what about the projectile would dud if hits before time fuse, unless specified with ?

I have asked for both of these features in the past myself. 😉

BOY
    Participant

I’d like to propose a differnent idea along the same lines.

Two additional tags that would allow total control over the flight of any projectile.

instead of

use #
    it would work like WeaponVelocity but is an optional tag for Projectiles that could multiply the effect of wind by the number specified. it can be negative, zero or positive.

another one for gravity #
    works the same way but alters the acceleration due to gravity by the factor specified

With these tags a projectile could float, or cruise accross the map. I’m sure we could all have fun with that. 🙂

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Funnily enough I’ve just added a wind factor to the prjectile and roller weapons. It required a change to whole way wind was simulated which is why I didn’t do it before.

Gravity changes may just get confusing though.

Brain Damage
    Participant

i agree that different gravity for different projectiles may be confusing, but the useful sides of 0 gravity projectiles could be:

-really laser-like projectiles (right now even if you accelerate it 10X there is still a bit gravity :evil:)
    -wandering objects in the map? (i know boids already exist, but they can’t shoot nasty stuff)
    -nice simulaton of airplanes (yeah this is personal :P)

BOY
    Participant

I was hoping that a windfactor would be not too hard, but I was pretty sure it hadn’t been added for the reason you said 😛

I agree, changing gravity could be confusing if the modder made a bunch of nonsensical weapons. I suppose that the gravity factor could be required to be always positive?

The only thing about making a projectile behave like a plane (which would be cool to make it shoot things) is that it still has no flight like behavior except exactly what the xml says it must do. there is no variety, and would be nasty to code something that looked real.

I really do love Brain’s bombers though, they are sweet. I am hoping that soon we can get some decent events like that for Scorchwars, it could be a happy compromise from shooting boids.

Some sort of graphic added to the boids would be ulitmately the best thing. But a slightly more lifelike projectile coded boid could work too. Just might be more work on the modders part than gavins….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.