This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 13 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

hobbesme
    Participant

I would assume that most players take advantage of the delta power/angle information displayed in the Weapon Window Display :

1. Weapon Select
    2. Current Power & Delta Power from last shot
    3. Current Elevation Angle & Delta Elevation from last shot
    4. Current Rotation Angle & Delta Rotation from last shot

I also would assume that many players use the Power/Angle Undo Shot History to select previous power/angle settings from shots other than the last shot.

However, if a player DOES select a previous power/angle setting from the Undo Shot History, the power/angle delta displayed STILL shows the relative power/angle deltas from the last shot — NOT the selected shot from the Undo Shot History.

It is my opinion that a delta from the last shot is NOT the desired delta a player wishes to view if they have deliberately selected a previous shot’s power/angle.

I would like to request that whenever a player selects a shot from the Undo Shot History, that the delta power/angle delta calcuations be made in reference to the selected shot — NOT the last shot as it currently does.

This is especially useful in the following situation :

1. Player A targets Player B. After one or more shots, Player A hits NEAR to Player B but another player does enough damage to disable Player B but NOT kill Player B.
    2. Since Player B is no longer an immediate threat, Player A targets Player C. After one or more shots, Player A kills Player C.
    3. Player A re-targets Player B. However, since Player A hit NEAR TO but NOT DIRECTLY on Player B, it would be VERY convenient if the relative power/
      angle deltas displayed were calculated from his last shot on Player B —
      not from his last shot that killed Player C!

This scenario & others like it which influence a player to switch targets & perhaps return to an earlier target (or even other nearby targets to ones previously hit), would greatly benefit from the relative power/angle deltas being calculated from the selected shot in the Undo Shot History.

Of course, defaulting to the last shot made is still the obvious default behavior & should NOT change.

Only change which shot to perform the delta calculations from whenever a player selects a new shot from the Undo Shot History — even if he selects several shots from the Undo Shot History within the same move phase.

BTW, I head off to Hurricane Alley tomorrow — south Florida.

I’ll be on business & vacation for at least 4 weeks. Don’t push me too far down in the ranks! I’d hate to come back & find that I’ve dropped from #35 to #2189! 😮

Take care; God bless; enjoy your Scorching! 😛

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

I’ll be on business & vacation for at least 4 weeks. Don’t push me too far down in the ranks! I’d hate to come back & find that I’ve dropped from #35 to #2189! 😮

Have a nice holiday.

Ebonite
    Participant

excellent request, hobbes, tho I fear the damage you have caused by informing others of the available shot History. Everybody is learning my best tricks…. 😥

Knochi
    Participant

Eh… where can i find this undo shot history ????

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@knochi wrote:

Eh… where can i find this undo shot history ????

Click on the power or elevation fields next to the spinning weapon in the bottom left had corner.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

Only change which shot to perform the delta calculations from whenever a player selects a new shot from the Undo Shot History — even if he selects several shots from the Undo Shot History within the same move phase.

Ok, I have done this now.

hobbesme
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

@hobbesme wrote:

Ok, I have done this now.

How can you make software changes so fast? I can’t even make a simple software change in the amount of time that you implement a fleet of changes!

Thank you for implementing this feature. Is it available in the Player Stats servers now, soon, or only for upcoming V38?

BTW, I am now in rainy, south Florida! (muted cheer) yay 😕

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

Thank you for implementing this feature. Is it available in the Player Stats servers now, soon, or only for upcoming V38?

p.s. I am in rainy Scotland, but it always rains here 🙂

Ebonite
    Participant

rainy Portland, wewt! we had our two weeks of sun already this year…

cbx550f
    Participant

Thanks for mentioning this Hobbes, it’s one of those things I think about in the middle of a game then forget after.

Gavin, thanks for doing that – I like that MUCH better 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.