This topic contains 61 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 12 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Bobirov
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

– WeaponExplosion:

– Instead of why not replace it with an optional attribute like that controls the scale of the damage done to the shield.

There is a tag to hurt shields
    x.x

😉 Looks like someone for got to check the todo list 😉

AFAIK, shieldhurtfactor applies only to WeaponProjectiles and determines how much power a projectile will take off of a force shield when it is deflected. I could be wrong on this though.

@jdog wrote:

I thought the point of the was to set a time before the weapons explodes, even if it was still going when time was up.

It controls the maximum amount of time a projectile can travel before it explodes. If the projectile does not collide before the timer runs out, the projectile will detonate, performing its usual actions at the point of detonation.

BOY
    Participant

@bob wrote:

…… so that you could still make a weapon that only does damage to shields just like the purpose of the current boolean toggle, only you could actually independantly control damage to the tank and damage to the shield…….

This is the type of thing i have been hoping for in the top list. I was sort of wondering if it was also possible to have Tank and Shield health always be independent. I.E. a direct hit to tank with mag renders mag useless, and even baby rollers can do a little something against a heavy shield

@bob wrote:

– A attribute.

– Causes the collision to occur if the projectile contacts the water
    – If the collision is with land (but not a tank), the weapon duds. Like the existing apex behaviour, would override this.
    – Could be helpful for people wanting to make depth charges, torpedoes, stuff like that.

clearly you request things for purposes of further mods 😉 ,

…. But since i dont know the code, xml tags and things, I cant help but remember this as the Contact Trigger weapon item. In original scorched earth there was a contact trigger since all land was deformable by the projectiles before explosion (no longer possible), could this be added for water surface detonation purposes? Or for immediate roller detonation?

As far as i know, the water has zero influence on the weapons other than napalm and fuel use, right?

Bobirov
    Participant

@boy wrote:

clearly you request things for purposes of further mods 😉

Is it that obvious? Thats basically all I think about anymore is ways to mod the game. Oh wait, thats about all I ever thought about.. 😀

@boy wrote:

As far as i know, the water has zero influence on the weapons other than napalm and fuel use, right?

The exact reason I’d like to see water have a bit more influence on the game. Since its there, it might as well do something other than look pretty (not that looking pretty isn’t a good thing). AT has been talking similarly as well. I think the reason it doesn’t already is simply because there was no water in SE and Gav is trying to keep the game true to its roots for the most part. But now that the game is becoming feature complete, we might start to see things like this in the future.. 🙂

jdog
    Participant

How about ading some waterless maps then?

Bobirov
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

How about ading some waterless maps then?

There are some in Apoc actually, the pyramid maps and the moon maps. I have also added those two texture sets (moon and desert) to a few more maps just so you’ll see them more often.

ash
    Participant

How about a roller-type weapon that seeks tanks, but instead of blowing up when it gets to the tank, it just digs a ditch to the tank. Kind of a combo roller/diggger. You could map a path to a tank and then let the real rollers in on the next shot.

jdog
    Participant

@ash wrote:

How about a roller-type weapon that seeks tanks, but instead of blowing up when it gets to the tank, it just digs a ditch to the tank. Kind of a combo roller/diggger. You could map a path to a tank and then let the real rollers in on the next shot.

I think its already in one of the mod.

Crispy Critter
    Participant

Now that we have birds flying around, it would be appropriate to have vultures circling around tanks with low health…

jdog
    Participant

@Crispy Critter wrote:

Now that we have birds flying around, it would be appropriate to have vultures circling around tanks with low health…

I have some vulture sounds to use with that.

Quetzalcoatl
    Participant

just a couple ideas from a random player, after version 39.

-Lasers tied to Power: So low health tanks suffer a bit with their lasers.

-Laser power reduced by going through earth: Because otherwise you could just pile Tons o’ Dirt on yourself and blast everyone with them. Then again, they can get you back, but you know.

-A teleporter that you can aim.

-BOMB DROPPING BOIDS!!

Love this game, as always 🙂

DireWolf
    Participant

I thought it would be a cool idea that for all the first place stat winners,
    past/present and future…..
    have a single player bot named after them, it would be better than just the plain john doe names used now.
    so that every update to the game, the new bot names are added ❓
    just a thought, what do YOU ➡ think ❓

LigH
    Participant

(As previously – unfortunately – mentioned in the “News”…)

I like to have Scorched3D play as a “technology demo”, a Bot-vs-Bot match. I add the shot cam window and use the “action cam” (9) for the main display. And finally, I try to place the mouse cursor near the center to make it easier to spot the most probable hit point.

If the mouse cursor is over a turret, an overlay hint is displayed, showing a few stats. Unfortunately, these stats are not updated while the turret is being hit. So for example, it had full life and a good shield before, then it gets hit by a longer lasting (chemical or fire) weapon. Here you can watch the bars of the current shield and life power degrade, but the overlay stats remain at 100/100. Is it possible and not too hard, to update them as well?
    __

Furthermore, especially for such a “bot match”, and maybe even in general (for all players waiting to be hit), it might be helpful to see some kind of basic “debug messages” in the following format:

Round #/# – Move #/# – Player # shooting ‘Weapon XYZ’

It could be activated just like the “Show fps” option in the game options. Of course, I can see the round and move count in the stats overlay window – sure; but then I cannot see much of the game anymore…
    __

Many thanks in advance for considering these enhancements; and again: Many thanks for the great efforts taken so far, it’s a great game!

memodude
    Participant

EMP weapons should be added to Scorched3D w/o mods, EMP weapons should have a much greater effect on machines/bots, and bioweapons should have no effect on bots.

BOY
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

after them, it would be better than just the plain john doe names used now.
    so that every update to the game, the new bot names are added ❓
    just a thought, what do YOU ➡ think ❓

Neat idea! ought to get more players to race for first

jdog
    Participant

I would like to beable to add “items” to the roof of the cavern like we do with tree and building now. This would let us beable to have a semi-deformable cavern and have stuff fall from the ceiling when someone shoots it.

I was thinking about doing a ice cavern and have iciciles from when you shoot them from the ceiling

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Feature Request Section – up to V39.0’ is closed to new replies.