This topic contains 61 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 12 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

Just watching my son play UT a while ago…. and had a thought:

What about sticking a “weapons cache” on a map? Then if you fueled over to it, you would acquire whatever weapons (or accessories) are in the cache. Flipside of that, if you are moving to it and it gets shot while you are moving, it goes BOOM with whatever is in it. πŸ™‚

DireWolf
    Participant

I have noticed alot of people asking about the way my screen looks in the videos during gameplay, and how can they get it, is it possible to incorporate multi gui settings, there are times I like to use apollo’s warp grid and other times I would rather use my basic no lines grid, I would not consider the warpgrid a cheat considering there is a land grid setting that many players overlook in the options.
    it would be cool to be able to switch just like switching between the old and new POV sights. ❓

CaraVan
    Participant

I thought I saw some mention of a cloaking device in some topic, and I remembered I had an idea of
    say an arms lvl 6 or 7 projectile weapon that on collision with terrain, erases from view all terrain features, objects and tanks in that grid square, appearing as a large hole in the map. You could get an idea of the terrain that is there by observing napalm/roller behavior.
    hehe someone could cloak a square and actually Not stay there or fuel over to it to decoy an expected funk or dh. A collisionaction with deform blank,cloak, clear etc. maybe a groundshake to draw attention. The affected grid square would remain so until rnd’s end.
    Im thinking lines along send null values for visual terrain and object data for the square(s)
    flagged as cloaked. As any defense has countermeasures, you could expand the tracer collision effect to paintball splats only its with a 55gal drum of dye πŸ™‚

Willis
    Participant

Here was one I mentioned to shockwave (Gavin plz see):

Imagine the teleport being a weapon!. A projectile that on collision, takes whatever is in its “blast radius” and teleports it to another randomized (OR PRE-DEFINED!) location.

My thoughts were, if you defined it to teleport the unit(s) about 50 world units above the map and freefall 😈 .. Maybe chain action it to do this freefall about.. 10 times 😈 😈 😈

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

I had some ideas I thought might look pretty neat to add to v39.1 or
    just throw some ideas your way for later to do list.

Besides, heh I feel its my duty to contribute my share in annoying
    you with MORE Requests .. gimme gimme lol

1) If when lightning struck it would burn a couple of trees exactly where
    the lightning struck & start a baby napalm fire and only if it hit areas
    where trees where for this to happen..

I thought that would look pretty neat & add some random act of nature chance to hurt players from the baby napalm fire.

something like a on tag
    to make it an option would be great.

2) Now that there is birds that add life to the sky
    how about some water life..
    examples :

A small shark fin swimming arround in deeper water & arround shores

maybe schools of dolphins hopping out of the water here & there
    randomly placed in deeper water.

lil seals that overcrowd & rest on tiny islands
    & a few jump into water ? πŸ˜‰

very small sailboats like the size of tanks drifting about πŸ˜€

3) the jet sound in v39.. how about adding a 747 that you can see
    passing by in the sky?

4) would it be possible to use the teleport as a weapon to move players
    where the or nonhurt explosion radius is?

Willis had a funny idea of even teleporting a player high above
    ground level & watching the tank plumit (or) parachute to earth.

5) a weapon tag that would only hurt shields & not the player
    such as the diggers do in shield test

I would like to make an anti shield weapon somehow that can work
    for strong reflective shields that has a
    amount that does’nt dig dirt

If that can be done I will try adding a nice looking electrical static
    explosion texture to get what I am going for.

anyways, thanks for your time & considering any of the above
    Gav

Cheers

Willis
    Participant

a weapon tag that would only hurt shields & not the player
    such as the diggers do in shield test

I honestly thought this was already in the pipeline, or at least some sort of hurt variable that can be given to weapons defining what they can do to a sheild.

I actually thought of a weapon “Sheild Destruptor”, no projectile, no hurt, no deforming of land, no indication besides maybe a sound effect of its activation. It has a huge (or mildly large) raduis, and any sheilds within just go ‘pop’. No predefined variable needed, just set the sheild-hurt-factor extensively high.

badshot
    Participant

As about lags by dead players idea:

I think it is not really necessary to strictly ensure that dead player is in synch. Afterall, we absolutely don’t care if lagging dead player doesn’t see how mr. B funkied mr. A and vice-versa. If he does, nice, but if he doesn’t, he is not going to cry that he missed excellent funking.

I.e. server should still send all data to dead as it does now, but should not wait for data from dead at each move. (I do not mean it must kick without giving timeout! Actually quite countary, just timeout must not interfere with gameplay for alive ones)

If server heard nothing from dead for N seconds after time dead shoulda have replied, kick him. This is best done asynchronously without interfering with gameplay. It could also be done at end/beginning of round.

Idea is to instead of doing something like at each move
    ….
    Wait until we have replies from everyone.
    ….
    Send projectile data to everyone.
    …..

wait only for live players.
    At the start of next _round_, kick all deads who haven’t been responding for too long time, and wait for ones who is not “out of time” yet.

Same with spectators.

Atleast half of lags is because of deads, and so number of lags will be atleast 2 times smaller this way. Without increasing number of kicks.

Irishbandit
    Participant

I would really like to see the spread mirv turned into some type of seeking weapon is there any way that could be done. right now to me it seems to random to use. Wondering if it could seek tanks out like hogs do or not.

A Moogle
    Participant

I’d like to see something client-side where you can choose to have all the projectiles look the same, like they used to…

*sniff* πŸ˜₯ *sniff*

jdog
    Participant

@A Moogle wrote:

I’d like to see something client-side where you can choose to have all the projectiles look the same, like they used to…

*sniff* πŸ˜₯ *sniff*

You can, its called a mod πŸ˜‰

R@p7oR
    Participant
      ➑ some way can make some sort of coord sistem that allow to set spefics events in maps?,like make fireballs come out from volcano crater,smoke in a tower,etc.
      ➑ also some server option that able/dissable friendly fire will be nice
      ➑ alow to have more that 2 teams.
      ➑ a that alow to change laser effect area,that something i really want and help prolly others moders
      ➑ a primite ‘WeaponNextmove’?? that must wait to next move to continue having effect.
      ➑ and finnaly some sort of Napalm Area ?,instead of fall downhill like a roller spand in a circle area,maybe whit a tag “radius to be burned”,that really i ask it for have a effect of my “frezzer” weapon but in a much smaller code

well lets see who like this ideas…he most of them are for mod makers πŸ˜‰

foxyshadis
    Participant

– fix AI resigns.
    – option to disable resigning for a game or overall.
    – option to quit game after all rounds are up, instead of starting a new one.
    – infinite moves/time per round. (single player)
    – default to last-used name and tank in single mode. (It already does the name in multi, but I’m not sure about tank.)

I know that S3D is geared to multiplayer, but the single player is almost unplayable when the computer resigns after one or two moves every single round. Especially when all of them do it at once. I’d suggest the lesser types never resign, or only if they’re too damaged to fight back, the rest if they’re in immenent danger (nearly hit and can’t move or block). I feel cheated every time I play single.

50 moves in single isn’t that bad, the infinite is only in extreme cases or for completeness.

Panther30
    Participant

@foxyshadis wrote:

– fix AI resigns.
    – option to disable resigning for a game or overall.
    – option to quit game after all rounds are up, instead of starting a new one.
    – infinite moves/time per round. (single player)
    – default to last-used name and tank in single mode. (It already does the name in multi, but I’m not sure about tank.)

I know that S3D is geared to multiplayer, but the single player is almost unplayable when the computer resigns after one or two moves every single round. Especially when all of them do it at once. I’d suggest the lesser types never resign, or only if they’re too damaged to fight back, the rest if they’re in immenent danger (nearly hit and can’t move or block). I feel cheated every time I play single.

50 moves in single isn’t that bad, the infinite is only in extreme cases or for completeness.

the resign issue is taken care of…the bots are resigning because they have no baby missiles (no infinite weapon). there is one thing you can do to fix thia…

you can go into tankais.xml (located in the scorched3d/data/ directory and put this code in for each type of bot within their weapon sets.

Baby Missile10explosionsmall

—Panther30

Bobirov
    Participant

A few of the more practical and perhaps feasible highlights from my ideas list.

Weapon Definitions:
      – WeaponVelocity:
      – An attribute for WeaponVelocity that, when set to true, would make the velocity change to a predetermined amount.
      – An absolute velocity change of 1.0 would be the equivalent of 1000 power from a tank shot

– WeaponScatter:

– Make WeaponScatter have a relative mode that uses the weapon’s current position and adds the position vector to the current weapon position? This would be great for doing things like the clouds or other random explosions that you want to occur from the current location of a weapon (instead of predefined).

– WeaponLaser:

– Ability to make it burn/destroy/ignore landscape objects.. πŸ™‚
      – Something like burn,destroy,ignore

– WeaponExplosion:

– Instead of why not replace it with an optional attribute like that controls the scale of the damage done to the shield. This should be independant of the value in so that you could still make a weapon that only does damage to shields just like the purpose of the current boolean toggle, only you could actually independantly control damage to the tank and damage to the shield. I think it’d be much more flexible, you could easily make weapons that were weak against shields, but do more damage to tanks and vice versa.
      – Optional method to make non-deforming explosions engage the burnt version of landscape objects or remove them entirely. Since non-deforming explosions are by far the most varied in their use(clouds, energy waves, invisible earth shakers, etc., I think they definately need some options to control their interaction with landscape objects.

– WeaponProjectile:

– Expose FlameStartColor and FlameEndColor in the xml as an optional node? πŸ™‚
      – Rename to just and then apply it to all of the optional collision behaviours?
      – Make dud unless supplied with the tag. Would be nice to have the option. πŸ™‚
      – A attribute.
      – Causes the collision to occur if the projectile contacts the water
      – If the collision is with land (but not a tank), the weapon duds. Like the existing apex behaviour, would override this.
      – Could be helpful for people wanting to make depth charges, torpedoes, stuff like that.

– A attribute

– Causes collision to occur after the projectile travels a specific amount of distance
      – Again similar to apex behaviour, it would dud if it makes contact unless is supplied.

Landscape Definitions

– Object Models & Placement
      – Optional attribute to level or weld the landscape height around specific objects. Would help to reduce the amount of floating or buried objects, particularly larger objects.
      – Ability to scale object models similar to how you can with projectile models. That way you could vary building sizes and re-use buildings in cases where the scale is different (e.g. World/Country maps) without having to rescale the building models themselves.
      – Ability to adjust the distance away that napalm has to be to engage a landscape object’s burnt model. This should be configurable on a per object basis, in landscapesplace.xml, as some objects are larger than others.
      – Ability to use a mask with tree clusters to define areas where clusters can and cannot appear
      – Ability to add multiple models in a single tree placement cluster (to help make random trailer parks, animal herds, etc)

I’d also still love to see item # 14 from this old post of mine some day.. πŸ˜›

jdog
    Participant

– WeaponExplosion:

– Instead of why not replace it with an optional attribute like that controls the scale of the damage done to the shield.

There is a tag to hurt shields
    x.x

πŸ˜‰ Looks like someone for got to check the todo list πŸ˜‰

I thought the point of the was to set a time before the weapons explodes, even if it was still going when time was up.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Feature Request Section – up to V39.0’ is closed to new replies.