This topic contains 61 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 12 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

BOY
    Participant

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

This top post (a.k.a. player wish list) will be utilized as a simple list of the popular feature requests we have seen that are not yet implemented or listed in the TO DO list. Moderators will be editing it periodically (if it proves useful).

In subsequent reply posts, include only a VERY brief description of the feature of interest. Be sure to include a link to the related discussion(s) of the idea.

Feel free to go back and link any of the ideas proposed in the past, that will be very helpful.

emoticon rankings for ideas:
    πŸ˜€ good idea
    πŸ’‘ Brilliant idea
    8) Very Cool/fun idea
    ❗ Bug or needs immediate attention
    πŸ˜• not likely but good idea anyway
    πŸ™„ contentious topic
    ➑ idea from orginal scorched earth
    πŸ˜› silly but fun
    πŸ˜‰ sounds like a personal thing

game version: Version 38.1b

=== BUGS ===
    ❗ land not highlighted when movement restriced due to water
    ❗ round wins dont count when second to last player is kicked or quits

=== SERVER ===
    ❓ stop checking responses from dead players untill round 12 – badshott

=== SHIELDS ===
    ➑ add a special weakness to F-shields – Boy
    πŸ˜€ make F-shield a little smaller in size
    πŸ™„ make all shields weaker πŸ™„
    πŸ˜‰ create new shield types – Boy
    πŸ™„ award a bonus for killing a player using a shield
    πŸ˜€ πŸ˜‰ isolate shield health from tank health – Boy

=== WEAPONS ===
    πŸ˜€ add special under water weapons
    ➑ add contact trigger option for water -Boy/Bobirov

=== PRICES and VALUES ===
    πŸ˜‰ reduce interest – Boy
    ❗ make heavy sandhogs cheaper (or better) – Guy Parker
    πŸ™„ Revamp skill ratings – Boy

=== ENVIRONMENT ===
    ➑ wind should effect tanks with parachutes
    πŸ’‘ night maps – DireWolf
    πŸ˜• no dissapearing land over explosions – Willis
    8) Tidal waves -sleestak
    8) lightning damage in water -Panther30

=== FUN OTHER ===
    πŸ’‘ introduce tank technologies or attributes options (ie faster/slower/stronger) – Boy
    πŸ˜€ create official truces through game interface – sleestak
    πŸ˜› wagering!
    ❗ autoskip – Willis
    πŸ˜› bonus targets, weapons caches, and random events – various
    πŸ˜€ cloaking device for tank and/or terrain

guy parker
    Participant

I’d like to see a feature where you can toggle on/off the camera control through walls. sometimes i like to see an over-view (zoomed out all the way from the top) of a cave map, and the only way to do it is to hold Ctrl. but you can’t use the “A” aiming peg while doing this. If the go-through-walls camera was like an on/off thing then it would allow for much better camera control in cave maps.

also, it would be nice to see stalagtites that took damage. I don’t expect them to fall off onto people or anything (although that would be cool, lol), but if you hit one with a nuke or something you’d think it would at least reduce it like it does the other land. I mean sometimes they are in your way.

also, I like the interest the way it is… in games with very low interest i think the players who kill the most will be dominating because of the cash flow from kills. with interest, if you can’t kill much at first but play it smart you can build up savings to compete.

Deathstryker
    Participant

I request that the player menu be available through a Hotseat game. I don’t see why it shouldn’t be. People may want to change their name and tank just the same as in any other mode. Only thing you’d have add is make seperate player menus to each and every human player.

jdog
    Participant

Enviroment damage on by default.

What about some new enviroment damage..

UFOs – fire missiles or photon torpedos randomly
    Lava pools
    Fire balls that release “fire”(napalm) on impact
    BattleShips that attack tanks from the ocean (can be sunk)

to go with the New enviroment damage make enviroment attacks more random.

Blasterman
    Participant

Good ideas there jdog… don’t like the battle ship idea though. Artillery normally gets owned by battleships πŸ˜›

jdog
    Participant

More ideas

1. Tank armor – buyable armor for you tank that can be repaired at the begining(buying time) of the round only
    2. An extra tag to separate weapon damage from deform area. So you have an area of damage larger or smaller then deform area with out the sub weapon.

-Example-

14Add tag here
    down
    exp00

3. Better control of movement using fuel (I know someone has said this before)
    4. One time only use weapon (can be used only once per game)
    5 . Special weapons (see #4)]
    6. Vultures
    7. Antigravity (To either be used with Tank Armor or instead of parachutes)
    8. Mixed wall types in a game i.e. 2 bounce walls and 2 warp wall
    9. Godzilla attacks tanks (would be cool to see)

BOY
    Participant

this has been raised before but I want to add this one in since it irritated me once again today 😑 😑 πŸ˜›

fuel usage in and around water — please fix so if water does not allow movement, no land is highlighted around the tank so as to show that movement is not allowed. That would be swell.

Willis
    Participant

Two ideas:

1) Fuel: Have 2 attributes added:
    a) ‘FuelRate’ – As it sounds, 1 unit of fuel measures to X distance. Let X be configurable. Why? Well instead of asking to increase the cap on how much fuel can be bought – I thought this would be easier. It also does add more freedom to how modders want to balance out fuel cost / effiency.

b) ‘Speed’ – Along the same ballpark, units currently travel at their given velocity – some think thats quick, others think thats slow. I got this after thinking about teleport feature – what if a person meerly went that fast πŸ™‚

2) Lasers: 1 Attribute to where beam ends.

a) Currently I think the concept of keeping power to 1000 is without needing to be said. I asked a couple of the modders who didn’t say they knew of a way – so maybe it dosn’t exist. Basicly if at the end of a beam more attributes can be attacked it could make for more creativity. Imagion if instead of seeing a destructive beam – maybe instead of seeing a beam at all, a MOAB got teleported on top of another unit ready to drop due to gravity 😈

Sondra
    Participant

Does anyone in here played Command&Conquer? If yes remember those tesla canons from the soviet tanks? πŸ˜€

badshot
    Participant

Little suggestion that would be very good:

If everyone skipped in a move (nobody did actually shot), end round as if moves would be skipped all way to the end.

Also, lags by dead people: maybe not wait for replies from deads if it is not beginning of next round? It would greatly reduce lags, as most of lags is due to dead people.

Also, like in scorched earth, possibility to have traces of everything. (good for practicing). I did it with mod (edited everything), but would be nicer to just have checkbox.

cbx550f
    Participant

Add s’>s binding for “Skip turn”. πŸ™‚

Deathstryker
    Participant

@sondra wrote:

Does anyone in here played Command&Conquer? If yes remember those tesla canons from the soviet tanks? πŸ˜€

I loved that game!

hobbesme
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Uh, you can do that yourself, right? πŸ˜›

In fact, as many of you might have guessed, I have ‘Resign’ programmed into every OTHER key press that isn’t already mapped to something! πŸ™‚

In all seriousness, I have mapped ‘Skip’ to F6 & ‘Resign’ to F7. Just open up the ‘Change Game Settings’ dialog box from Scorched3D’s main game dialog. Select the ‘Keys’ tab & scroll down until you find ‘Show skip move dialog’ (almost at the bottom). Program whatever key(s) you want to open the ‘Skip’ dialog box.

Note : I do find it difficult to program SHIFT or CTRL or ALT keys using this dialog. When I try to use one of those keys, it seems to think I want to use BOTH SHIFT or CTRL or ALT keys instead of just the LEFT or RIGHT one that I’m holding.

For these keys, I open the keys.xml file & add an appropriate entry with the desired LEFT or RIGHT SHIFT, CTRL, or ALT.

But for all other, single key mappings; the ‘Change Game Settings’ : ‘Keys’ dialog works just fine.

hobbesme
    Participant

@badshot wrote:

Also, lags by dead people: maybe not wait for replies from deads if it is not beginning of next round? It would greatly reduce lags, as most of lags is due to dead people.

This is perhaps one of most logical & duh-obvious requests to reduce/eliminate lags — especially lags dueto disconnects.

If the game did NOT lag for (Dead) players, but continued to observe their individual timeouts & disconnect them when appropriate; it would go a long way towards reducing the game delays due to disconnecting or lagging players.

Please consider implementing this brilliant idea.

Great idea, badshot!

cbx550f
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

@cbx550f wrote:

Uh, you can do that yourself, right? πŸ˜›

Yup, and I have. πŸ˜›

It would be nice, however, when a new guys asks “how do I skip?” to be able to simply say “press this“. Also be good for resigning.

And here I thought you only had your space key mapped to resign! Silly me.

@bobbesme also wrote:

In all seriousness, I have mapped ‘Skip’ to F6 & ‘Resign’ to F7. Just open up the ‘Change Game Settings’ dialog box from Scorched3D’s main game dialog. Select the ‘Keys’ tab…

LOL I forgot that was there! I still edit the xml file out of habit. 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Feature Request Section – up to V39.0’ is closed to new replies.