This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  hobbesme 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

BOY
    Participant

btw, thanks ebo, for linking this thread, I knew I had forgotten about something.

My next idea is for resiging to cause the loss of all interest for that round. ie. forfeit.

hobbesme
    Participant

@boy wrote:

based on my poll, it looks as if there is enough interest in a penalty to make resigs cost a little something. Looks like those if favor mostly want score penalty, perhaps an option for 0 to -50 score. 🙂

Now if this isn’t the most dishonest analysis of your own freakin’ poll where currently 9 players favor NOT penalizing resigns and 8 players are split between monetary vs. points penalties for resigns. Split vote 54/46 = “enough interest”, huh?

@NOY wrote:

My next idea is for resiging to cause the loss of all interest for that round. ie. forfeit.

Although this should be included in the OTHER discussion, I would be OK with a suggestion like this.

However, I obviously still prefer my revised random retreat feature.

Sorry for my slightly rancorous reply, but with this topic being discussed in two separate forums & with your slightly-biased interpretation of your own poll, it seems that those opposed to resigning are willing to sway popular opinion regardless of its honesty or dishonesty.

BOY
    Participant

My analysis of the poll is factoring in the consideration that some of the voters who voted for ‘free’ would likely not care whatsoever, if there were an option for a resign cost, so long as the main server settings were unchanged. ❗

I wouldn’t call it dishonest, but I don’t mind if you disagree with that analysis…..Resigner! 😉

also, old requests really struggle to get decently discussed in this section, General is a better place to generate ideas, actually. My forfiet interest idea would be in the poll had I thought of it, and I might ask BD to add a poll to this thread. Takes a few tries to get the polls just right. 🙂

I do like the random feature you suggested for resigning, why not simply add several new options to the server configuration. 💡

imported_gcamp
    Participant

In 40.1x the random resign option has been implemented, in 41 its currently disabled!

hobbesme
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

In 40.1x the random resign option has been implemented, in 41 its currently disabled!

But not my revised random retreat feature.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.