This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Panther30 11 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Panther30
    Participant

well,

It seems even with the rpm package of 39.1 there are problems running it in fedora Core 5.

After an extended period of time, the scorched server (installed using the rpm on this site) will not only stop moving text in the console (like the problem I was having in FC3), but it will also freeze up entirely and NOT SHUT DOWN. when it freezes like this:

the text will stop moving in the console.

I can’t use the mouse to select anything.(the mouse is still able to I just can’t use it to do anything but minimize and maximize the scorched console)

I can’t use the mouse to shut down the program (hitting the x in the corner or minimzing and selecting close does nothing)

when I maximize after minimzing it, I see no text at all any part of the console.(only the white squares of the box that makes up the conole’s log and the box that makes up the player list are visible with no text. totally bllank of everything except the window title). Alos when the console is like this, it will allow people to connect with the server, tell them they are connected and then just sit there forever and not get anyfuther than the “connected.” message box.

the only ways for me to kill scorched was to use my server’s web management interface(webmin) and kill the scorched process or to shut down and restart the server computer itself.

I want to blame fedora core linux for the issues, but I am unable to pinpoint if this is actually the case.

Any thoughts?

cbx550f
    Participant

Sounds to me like a thread crashed – try running it with -allowexceptions to see if you can get a core dump.

cbx

Panther30
    Participant

okay I just started running with the -allowexceptions switch. There is nothing happening so far. I will let it go for about 24 hours and then check for any problems.

Panther30
    Participant

When I use the -allowexceptions switch in the command line, the 39.1 rpm doesn’t crash out on me.

cbx550f
    Participant

@panther30 wrote:

When I use the -allowexceptions switch in the command line, the 39.1 rpm doesn’t crash out on me.

Heh, so apparently, in your case, “-allowexceptions” behaves like “-dontallowexceptions” 😉

I wasn’t expecting that to fix the problem! ❓

Panther30
    Participant

update: the -allowexceptions switch DID NOT work after all. scorched froze, requiring that I kill the scorched running process using my web based linux management interface. i DID NOT get a core dump out of this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.