This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Picci 10 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Marandule121
    Participant

i would like to know if anyone could help me in making the projectiles for my upcoming mod F.P.S for First Person Shooter… i need a few types of bullets and laser blast shots… if anyone could help me then ill be most grateful.

jdog
    Participant

-This needs to be moved to the right forum section-

Lasers are not projectiles. Projectiles can fire lasers though.

You may want to look though some of the other mods and see what models you might beable to borrow.

cbx550f
    Participant

Moved to the appropriate forum – cbx

Bonfire
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

-This needs to be moved to the right forum section-

Lasers are not projectiles. Projectiles can fire lasers though.

You may want to look though some of the other mods and see what models you might beable to borrow.

basicly yeah talk to the other ppl who made the other mods..

and see if you can burrow there stuff.

you might wanna head on over to the FAQ tab on the user control pannel above the forums and check out the moding GUides..

BOY
    Participant

@marandule121 wrote:

i would like to know if anyone could help me in making the projectiles for my upcoming mod F.P.S for First Person Shooter… i need a few types of bullets and laser blast shots… if anyone could help me then ill be most grateful.

I’m going to have to be the one to do this then…?

the deal is this, there are lots of mods, and barely enough players to play them all. We need to improve on the mods we have already.

you are new, brand new in fact. I doubt that someone is going to want to risk making a whole lot of models for you to watch your mod disappear later. Every couple weeks someone comes in and asked for something like this. Some don’t get the help they want and leave. Others, like ~Freak~ (maker of a new mod) take their time, and do the work themselves.

We don’t need this mod just yet, what we need is a team of people working on the other mods.

My suggestion is that you take your FPS ideas to Bobirov, he has a mod in the works which is based on this idea called opscorched. he has a number of weapons models made already.

Furthermore as the mod guru you should give your consciousness over to him, willingly submit your life force into his hands. Whatever he tells you to do, do. Do not lie, or misdirect him, he will know.

When you have completed the tasks he assigns you, you will be suprised to see that a beautiful mod has been made. It will take a time, perhaps a long time to do the tasks.

Do not get discouraged, just press on, on, on to the end. When all your free resources are used up, get out your wallet and pay up, pay in donations, pay in server fees, pay in blood if you must.

BOY
    Participant

Okay, now you read that part. hehe.

I do admire your enthusiasm, if all you need is a few models and then your done, no big deal. We always love to see cool new mods.

Just check around in other mods and see if its okay to borrow the models in them, I have done this in the past myself. Many things are borrowed all over the place around here, little bits of code, small models, and its all GPL so its okay, just be sure you give credit to who made the models somehow.

and, if you’re still there…

Welcome to Scorched3d, room service is limited to free beer. 😉

InductiveOne
    Participant

Hey nobody told me about free beer

Marandule121
    Participant

mmm beer
    ^^

and sry bout the long reply but i attempted to do the first person scripting and it is soo hard to shoot up hills.

Picci
    Participant

@boy wrote:

the deal is this, there are lots of mods, and barely enough players to play them all. We need to improve on the mods we have already.

good post BOY, btw, i vote for seasonal mods, like easter mod and xmas mod… they are quick to make and are fun for the time being…

the problem is i have no time to work on them, *sigh*,

making one takes me about 2 weeks i would say, which should be reduced to 1 week if you are good with 3d modelling and don’t want to make a huge mod…

then the tournaments go on, etc…

How about this: who ever is interested may work on something like “summer mod,” beaches, beach volley balls, sharks, fish, etc….
    and then it would be easy to make a tournament with the following characteristics:
    10 people minimum,
    5$ to enter,
    25$ to winner,
    10$ to second place,
    5$ to third place (just gets his $ back)
    extra money to Gavin as donations. (if 10 people join it would be 10$, but the more the better… 😉 20 people = 60$ :D)

Marandule121
    Participant

i like the idea of the volley ball beach idea i might give that a try.

Thrax
    Participant

@marandule121 wrote:

Beach-Ball Model/Weapon in Roller-Mod.

Picci
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

@marandule121 wrote:

Beach-Ball Model/Weapon in Roller-Mod.

yep, exactly what i meant 😉

the one of the image in the mods download section, the roller mod icon…

What do u guys think about the tournament idea ?

cbx550f
    Participant

@picci wrote:

I’m not touching that with a ten foot deathhead. Sounds too serious for me. 😉

Picci
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

@picci wrote:

I’m not touching that with a ten foot deathhead. Sounds too serious for me. 😉

what do u mean ?… “serious” ? why ?

🙁

cbx550f
    Participant

Just that when money geets involved people tend to take things more seriously, and I am incapable of taking ANYTHING seriously.

BTW: We should stop hijacking this thread… might be a good idea to start a new topic on this idea.

cbx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.