This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 6 years ago.

• Author

Tom.K
    Participant

Those icons in-game are really old, so I’ve wanted to make somehow higher resolution icons which could fit in future GUI if possible.

Camera:

Help:

Preformance:

Sound:

I have resource files still, so they can be still edited. I’m trying to make it all within circle. Not sure what icons are still left. Are these okay? I know about bmp/alpha format, it can be changed easily.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

They look pretty good.

IMO the performance icon should have the dots changing shade on the way round, like most dials like that get redder the further round, perhaps have them become white for max, black for min or something????

Anonymous

The cogs are in dire need of a refresh too, they look as if they’ve been drawn by holding a pencil in your mouth…

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Weve actually replaced them with new icons 🙂

Armor

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

do they have any white on black? there’s something about raised white on black that always makes me think ‘daddy’s hi fi’
    [attachment=2:3vyy5i8w]whiteletters.jpg[/attachment:3vyy5i8w]
    [attachment=1:3vyy5i8w]whitespeaker.jpg[/attachment:3vyy5i8w]
    and of this guy, for some reason:
    [attachment=0:3vyy5i8w]steveaustin.jpg[/attachment:3vyy5i8w]
    (doesnt he look so much more approachable with a smile? : )

Tom.K
    Participant

White on black is just visual effect I guess, when you just light some black thing.

Here’s updated preformance:

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Hey thanks for trying out my suggestion TK, feeling all special and loved now 😀

Not sure it looks right like that tho, looks more confused than anything IMO, so best stick with your original.

But thanks for trying it, sure it took longer than I can appreciate.

EDIT:
    If you have the time and CBA to endulge someone that’s never satisfied, I think it’s not working (for me) because of the stepping from dot-to-dot.
    What if it was a a traditional narrowing near circle going round instead, whether as all white or a grandient effect on the grey scale?

Like ……. http://www.comfortzoner.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/temperature-gauge.png but a smooth transition from thin to fat….

I’m sure that would be a little git to get right, but COULD work well.
    Tell me to **** *** if you wish, but just chucking ideas out there.

Tom.K
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Like ……. http://www.comfortzoner.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/temperature-gauge.png but a smooth transition from thin to fat….

I’m sure that would be a little git to get right, but COULD work well.
    Tell me to **** *** if you wish, but just chucking ideas out there.

Hah, reminds me about those old meters which my grandma has. When I was kid, I loved watching that 😆 .

Okay, experimented?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

That looks soooo much better IMO, GJ.

Tom.K
    Participant

I don’t know are these icons should be beveled at all… I want to have it at least minimalistic effect, but it’s not minimalistic enough… As those server status icons were made on server list, I won’t make new versions of them as they look fine, though I’ve just made an exclamation icon for it:

I’m not sure about save icon, maybe it should be without circle, or it should be like CD-ROM.

jdog
    Participant

they all lok very nice. the only problem I can see is how many kids now know what the disk icon means? I don’t think my two even know what a 3.25″ floppy disk is.

Thrax
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

they all lok very nice. the only problem I can see is how many kids now know what the disk icon means? I don’t think my two even know what a 3.25″ floppy disk is.

Quite true. Now, it should more resemble an SD card, or a USB-Key. 😀

ArmorWraith
    Participant

They know it means save. Its in every program. Even word 2010 has a floppy for the save icon.

Armor

Thrax
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

They know it means save. Its in every program. Even word 2010 has a floppy for the save icon.

Armor

Hmm…. how about a modernized compromise. 😀
    [attachment=0:1fez6vyb]Generic Compact Disc.jpg[/attachment:1fez6vyb]

ArmorWraith
    Participant

That to me means music. 🙂
    Not exactly “save”. A checkmark would be closer to save.
    Armor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.