This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Viking62
    Participant

The worst storm in years is pounding Northern Europe, killing at least 46 people, knocking out power to millions and bringing most travel to a standstill. Watched BBC news today–The weather is crazy worldwide! Gavin,Got snow? I wish only good things for all the people in harms way. Be prepared-stay warm-seek shelter,most of all; Stay safe my Scorched friends. 🙂

ellie mae
    Participant

DITTO! from all the clan MO!
    *CLINK*

mooic
    Participant

Yep has been verry windy here in England! I was lucky, just lost a fence panel! But on the building site where my dad works, they lost 2 whole houses!

JiNx
    Participant

most of the weather down south was on thursday which happened to be my day off and most of it i spent on scorched oppps i play to much lol
    txs viking

on another note just wondering if we could have a map on scorched where it snowed and there were random snow storms

Viking62
    Participant

I found some information on weather (worldwide). Heres a link

> http://www.weather.org/stormwatch.htm

BOY
    Participant

the ice from last week isn’t done falling from the rooftops yet!

jdog
    Participant

Last time I checked my area seems to be next in line for rain, ice and snow. Bah!

Panther30
    Participant

We just g0t a little bit here midwestern Ohio. got only about 2.5 cm last night (horrible at metric converion. sorry). but we will be getting freezing rain tonight. I don’t drive so it will be really fun trying to get to work tomorrow…

Kinda glad I’m not in any other part of the world right now.

cya in game

—Panther

Thrax
    Participant

@panther30 wrote:

We just g0t a little bit here midwestern Ohio. got only
    about 2.5 cm last night (horrible at metric converion. sorry). but we will
    be getting freezing rain tonight. I don’t drive so it will be really fun trying
    to get to work tomorrow…
    Kinda glad I’m not in any other part of the world right now.

cya in game

—Panther

only an inch? that’s about what what we got here couple days ago.
    We were so let-down, we were hoping for at least 6-8 inches..
    it’s been such a dry winter here so far.

DireWolf
    Participant

Yea I here ya, I woke up this morning here in California, and there was actually frost on the ground, but dont worry we are ok!!! 😆

sorry, couldnt help it, but seriously, I wish everyone the best of luck who are dealing with the wrath of mother nature!

Global warming my buttox!

cbx550f
    Participant

Ditto, Thrax.

Been too warm for snow here mostly. (heh – I know it’s been a wee bit cooler out west!)
    I think last night was the coldest night we’ve had yet and it was only -22C. We just finally got a bit of ice on the lakes a week or two ago… guys were fishing in boats after Christmas!

I’m going to go check out the ice on the bay tomorrow…. it was a quick freeze, so it might be nice smooth hard ice…. good for Hockey! (And only about 4 cm of snow to shovel off lol)

Willis
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Ditto, Thrax.

Been too warm for snow here mostly. (heh – I know it’s been a wee bit cooler out west!)
    I think last night was the coldest night we’ve had yet and it was only -22C. We just finally got a bit of ice on the lakes a week or two ago… guys were fishing in boats after Christmas!

I’m going to go check out the ice on the bay tomorrow…. it was a quick freeze, so it might be nice smooth hard ice…. good for Hockey! (And only about 4 cm of snow to shovel off lol)

Yeah.. For living in Minnesnowta, I haven’t seen a fair amount of the stuff!!!

Of course the weather people or anyone around would say “oh you got X inches so far … you had some decent snow”… I’m sorry it doesn’t count unless it sticks around for more then a day or two.

It really bugs me.

Ebonite
    Participant

We got hit last week Tuesdayin the Portland, Oregon area. Dubbed “Sneaker Storm ’07” by some, “1 to 3 inches in the hgher elevations” turned into 4 – 6 inches on the valley floor. Some areas got freezing rain and sleet in addition to the snow. Here’s a video of Oregonians driving in snow:
    http://www.nwcn.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=114054

jdog
    Participant

Bah.. Ah-choo Dang weather changes got me sick again!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.