This topic contains 60 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 7 years, 5 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #51485

    bazzz
    Participant

    you stopped making sense again, what you mean?You know you shouldnt eat the extra lives.
    what i meant, am i allowed to do just that make copies and sell them at cost.Or would i have to give them away for free?

    #51486

    bazzz
    Participant

    You are desperate to win. The lengths people will go to, honestly.

    I do like to win sometimes, but professional im a loser.
    Dont be scared you still 454 posts ahead of me?

    #51487

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    @bazzz wrote:

    what i meant, am i allowed to do just that make copies and sell them at cost.Or would i have to give them away for free?

    That depends on if you’re selling them at the cost of the media you’re burning them on or more. Even then, I’m not so sure about the word “allowed” but I’d definitely say dishonorable would fit the bill (if you were profiting). Especially when there’s a paypal link to donate for this project.

    Cause to not only not donate for the cause but to profit yourself would be pretty low. (Not saying that not donating by itself is bad in any way.)

    #51488

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    @deathstryker wrote:

    @bazzz wrote:

    what i meant, am i allowed to do just that make copies and sell them at cost.Or would i have to give them away for free?

    That depends on if you’re selling them at the cost of the media you’re burning them on or more. Even then, I’m not so sure about the word “allowed” but I’d definitely say dishonorable would fit the bill (if you were profiting). Especially when there’s a paypal link to donate for this project.

    Cause to not only not donate for the cause but to profit yourself would be pretty low. (Not saying that not donating by itself is bad in any way.)

    Ah, but what if he spoke to Gavin / Devs and got permission, maybe charge £1 more per copy to donate.

    Friends with dial up or even those without net access….

    Surely that would be good for the game, more players and more donations.

    #51489

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

    Ah, but what if he spoke to Gavin / Devs and got permission, maybe charge £1 more per copy to donate.

    Friends with dial up or even those without net access….

    Surely that would be good for the game, more players and more donations.

    Which is exactly why I didn’t speak for Gavin on the “allowed” part of the conversation.

    But that sounds like a fair proposal to me.

    #51490

    bazzz
    Participant

    Youre right i should donate, i`m having way too much fun here on the forums.I want to have those cool monetary symbols behind my nickname.
    i just have a few questions,how much would it cost to get 3 of them? If i make my donation in euros or yens or pounds could i get a different symbol?I need to feel special you know, 😛
    But seriously i want to donate in the near future.

    #51491

    Reactorfighter
    Participant

    OK folks, by popular demand, I made more photos of the Scorched3D CD’s backside, looking for traces and clues. First of all, it’s packed along with another game, so the CD is actually 2 game in one (the other game is some bshit I don’t care about).

    The first image is a short overview about the game, which is described well. There are two screenie-shotties as well, you might witness that.

    The second image shows (partially) a license and copyright (!!!!) notice, like counterfeiting and copying the CD is illegal and forbidden (haha, somehow this did not bother our little friends). And, there is the dealer of this product: Woodstone Interactive. And it’s address.

    No trace of mentioning Gavin Camp, telling anything about the origin of the program is found inside or outside of the CD cover. They elegantly “forgot” to write Gavin Camp’s name on it. Also there is no website relation, technical support address, update website written on the CD cover. Like if this game would not be related to Gavin Camp at all.

    So there is the address of this stealing company. Perhaps Gavin could write a nice little letter to them about what are they doing wit’ HIS game. He could teach them some manners, no? 🙂

    #51492

    Irishbandit
    Participant

    The screen shot is from here
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/screenshots/40.1/scorched40.1-2-large.jpg thought it looked familiar.

    #51493

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant
    #51494

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    @irishbandit wrote:

    The screen shot is from here
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/screenshots/40.1/scorched40.1-2-large.jpg thought it looked familiar.

    I believe I took that screen shot.

    I wonder why they have a second screen shot up of Pocket Tanks, lol.

    ReactorFighter, have you been able to install the game yet and see if it’s actually Scorched 3D?

    #51495

    Thrax
    Participant

    @deathstryker wrote:

    @irishbandit wrote:

    The screen shot is from here
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/screenshots/40.1/scorched40.1-2-large.jpg thought it looked familiar.

    I believe I took that screen shot.

    I wonder why they have a second screen shot up of Pocket Tanks, lol.

    ReactorFighter, have you been able to install the game yet and see if it’s actually Scorched 3D?

    I don’t think he actually boutght it, only went to the store for pics.
    Buying it would kinda defeat the purpose of our original Gripe.. 😀

    At least we know the exact company and person.. anyone live nearby
    and own a large Mallot?

    #51496

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    @thrax wrote:

    @deathstryker wrote:

    @irishbandit wrote:

    The screen shot is from here
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/screenshots/40.1/scorched40.1-2-large.jpg thought it looked familiar.

    I believe I took that screen shot.

    I wonder why they have a second screen shot up of Pocket Tanks, lol.

    ReactorFighter, have you been able to install the game yet and see if it’s actually Scorched 3D?

    I don’t think he actually boutght it, only went to the store for pics.
    Buying it would kinda defeat the purpose of our original Gripe.. 😀

    At least we know the exact company and person.. anyone live nearby
    and own a large Mallot?

    I believe it does matter if this IS Scorched3d. If only for what happens when an apdate is avilable, if it thier own software that handles it without the purchaser being aware of the real Scorched that is open source, hence essentially free, then they have broken the GPL that updates/changes must be made available to all.
    If the updates point to the scorched/sourceforge sites, then the company will have its own issues with it’s customers wanting to know why they have paid an over the counter price for an open source product.

    If the game comes with support and/or documentation, then I believe it is entirely legal as they are selling the support/docs bundled with a hardcopy of the source code.

    That much I do know, whether selling the product is legal or not, I do not KNOW.

    #51497

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    I think it would be fine if he bought a copy. He’s helping us out after all.

    #51498

    Irishbandit
    Participant

    @deathstryker wrote:

    I think it would be fine if he bought a copy. He’s helping us out after all.

    I agree. No harm no foul. Nice screen shot by the way DS. 😀

    Add some more from version 41.3

    #51499

    Reactorfighter
    Participant

    OK OK folks, I’ll buy a copy and see what’s that software on it. After I saw there is absolutely no mentioning of Gavin Camp or the Scorched3D website, I don’t expect any good. But I’ll do it to see what’s that stuff made of. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gavin’s name would be erased out from the game/helpfile too.

    (I still say stealing someone else’s work is theft and illegal)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.