This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ebonite 12 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

comedown
    Participant

on trying to open scorched3d i get the following error-

ERROR: Failed to parse file “c:/documents and settings/comedown//.scorched3d/display.xml”
    Parse Error, File c:/documents and settings/comedown//.scorched3d/display.xml: Line:3 Col:0 Error:no element found

then a second alert says-

Warning: Your display settings file (c:/documents and settings/comedown//.scorched3d/display.xml) cannot be read. This may be because it was create by an out of date version of Scorched3D.
    If this is the case it can be safely deleted.

i have tried a fresh install but that didn’t fix the problem.

also afterwards i opened up display.xml in notepad and saw nothing but little boxes 😕

my game was working absolutely fine before, and i had made no changes to my settings.

edit: ok, i just examined display.xml in notepad again, but this time i did so by clicking ‘view’ in my FTP software (no idea why, really) and this time the file showed as completely blank. no little boxes any more.

i reckon i just need the contents of an ordinary display.xml file so that i can copy-paste & save.

would anyone care to post this up for me?

Ebonite
    Participant

Hmm. I may not be totally correct on this, but doesn’t Scorched create a whole new display.xml if one doesn’t exist? Since you don’t seem to have one anyway, try deleteing your (currently blank) display.xml and restart the game.

comedown
    Participant

ahh, that works perfectly, you’re a life saver. 🙂

i was beginning to get withdrawal symptoms.

Ebonite
    Participant

Yer welcome. :mrgreen:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.