This topic contains 31 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  hoopy frood 12 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

MaddogJedi
    Participant

For the record: Scorched 3D kicks ass.

Some ideas:

– Allow configurable timers for 1st round vs. all following rounds.
    Reason: Personally I find that the very first volley on a new map takes a tad longer than all following rounds. New terrain, new enemy placement, that ever present need to assess your #1 enemy’s location, decide on the urgency of his death, and then lock in your shot. It would nice if the first round on a map was 60 seconds, and each following round was 35. Ideally it would be nice if both initial round and following round time were configurable.

– Make first round tank position user definable.
    Reason: I detest the current 1000 power and bizarre inclination that the first round usually has me at. I would personally always like to begin from 500 power and 45 degrees, but that may not be right for everyone. Making this a user definable setting (it is MY tank after all =} ) would be nice

– Add a ‘Wind Sock’ (user enable-able) next to tank for ‘Camera’ window view
    Reason: This is pure eye candy, but it might add a nice touch to an already great game. The ability to erect a pole with a wind sock, flapping in the breeze, next to your tank (mainly visible in the camera view) that you could use as a visual wind reference while setting up your shot.

Did I mention that Scorched 3D kicks serious ass?

Cheers,
    MJ

MaddogJedi
    Participant

One more idea:

– Add a Target Practice mode, one tank, all weapons, controlled terain (maybe flat or grid like), and on the fly selectable wind. Basically a training/practice arena that could be used for, well, training and practice! 😈

Deathstryker
    Participant

The wind sock idea seems cool to implement in some way, shape, or form. Maybe a flag would be more fitting?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Great ideas, I will try to do most of these things.

Pi
    Participant

W00h! This game is crazy fun, except when you cannot quite finish a long game and you wish to continue later where you left off. I was rulerizing against people and computers (set to the harder difficulties) – high interest rate (I think 40%), reasonable kill money, and I was number one out of like a 40 round game or something, but only 10 rounds in… I was blasting people with nothing other the baby missile (default) and getting 1 hit kills – after 10 games with 10 tanks, I had about 60 kills with nothing but baby missile! I rulezoried, but then my friends had to leave and it was getting late – I wanted to save so badly – I was the only one who could afford sheilds and stuff… Multiplayer Saving/load would be great idea.

Another thing that someone else said – custom made landscapes… I want a level that has a lot of dirt – or at least no water (why make it like worms?) There needs to be an amount of dirt option.

Another thing – an option for placing your tank where you want.

Real time mode: Simulatious is good, but I want a real time mode – where weapons have cool down time (something like 10 second) and if you don’t shoot, you don’t hold up the rest of the people. Real time mode!

Yet another greedy, humble request – movement: I buy fuel, but I cannot move…

I like the wind sock idea too.

Pi has spoken

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Nice PI

I am looking at saving, although for multiplayer games it would be a total bitch.

You can already make custom landscapes, have a look in the landscapes.xml file. People don’t seem to have this file yet, just the accessories.xml file 🙂

Tank placement is a cool idea, I think I will add that to the landscape definitions.

Real time mode is contraversial, I am not sure I will ever put this in. Firstly it is not really a scorched type game, secondly the way I designed the engine makes it really hard :), perhaps later, much later 😉

“I buy fuel, but I cannot move… ” choose fuel and then click on the whiter area around the tank.

Ebonite
    Participant

I’d like to request a separate button for team talking. Currently, “team only” text can be accessed through the check box in the nornal talk window. I’d like to have a separate keybind to access team talk, say “y”, in addition to the regular “t”.

I was in a really interesting 6 v 6 game a few days ago, and it was difficult to call and designate targets while setting up shots because everyone tried to remember to check the box sometime before sending their message. Half the strategy sessions were broadcast to everyone, which led to some rather funny chatter. The 35 second time limit did not lend itself well to the situation, either. Maybe the next version can have an option to extend the time in team games? User customizable with a default of 45 – 60 seconds would be nice.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@[PDX]Ebonite² wrote:

I’d like to request a separate button for team talking. Currently, “team only” text can be accessed through the check box in the nornal talk window. I’d like to have a separate keybind to access team talk, say “y”, in addition to the regular “t”.

I was in a really interesting 6 v 6 game a few days ago, and it was difficult to call and designate targets while setting up shots because everyone tried to remember to check the box sometime before sending their message. Half the strategy sessions were broadcast to everyone, which led to some rather funny chatter. The 35 second time limit did not lend itself well to the situation, either. Maybe the next version can have an option to extend the time in team games? User customizable with a default of 45 – 60 seconds would be nice.

I agree,

I’ve made the y key a team only talk button.
    I’ve increased shot time to 45 secs on the team server.

Ebonite
    Participant

Wewt! Thanks Mr. Camp! 8)

Reactorfighter
    Participant

Nice ideas for changes. I also recommeded some stuff, you can read about in “A few upgradements would be great…!” forum. I’m a bit lazy now, I wouldn’t write them down here.

To discuss in short, this is a great idea to make the dirt covering adjustable. I noticed that the playfield sometimes very small. All 10 (not to mention MORE) tanks are pushed together on a small island. This makes the game sometimes too easy for a player, who has Funky bomb, or Death’s head, or even Spread MIRV.

I imagined the following: Various map sizes would be available. From 32×32 to the largest maps. The limit would be – of course – the maximum shoot range. It may appears as a dumb idea, but it’s no challenge to kill all the tanks with one shot, just because they are too close to each other. If a Death’s head has been launched to the battlefield, nothing stops it, not even a Heavy shield, or a Heavy mag. The selectable tank deployment appears to be a fantastic idea! I saw that on Imperium Galactica 2, when you attack a hostile planet.

Oh, and one last thing. The Rollers look quite…um…goofy, like bubble gums 🙂 They are very useful, but their look might be a little more menacing. At least color them black and grey.

Bobirov
    Participant

I have but one humble request and that is to add some sort of option in the “Team” menu that allows you to select your text color in addition to the usual name and tank model selections. Sometimes I get a color that I can’t read so well and I’m sure other people have their preferences that they wouldn’t mind using.. 🙂

Bobirov
    Participant

I was just wondering if we could get tanks to fall a little slower when they have parachutes? As it is now, you use 2 or more chutes every time you get hit. This is because you fall to the earth faster than the earth is being removed in many cases. In the old scorched I don’t remember it being like this but I could be wrong as its been ages. But, regardless of that, it just doesn’t seem right that it takes so many chutes per hit because you fall so fast. I’m not asking for them to float gently to the earth or anything, just a slight reduction in accelleration would be perfect ;). Does anyone else agree with me here?

Rob

Ebonite
    Participant

I agree. :mrgreen:

I’ve also noticed that sometimes when a tank is on a slope, chutes will be used when the player is FIRING, regardless of whether an opponent throws anything in his direction to cause a near-miss. 😯

Deathstryker
    Participant

I thought something was fishy with the parachutes as well, but I wasn’t for sure. I definitely agree with you though Bobirov.

Bobirov
    Participant

I noticed that as well Ebonite. I think a way to get around this would be to add some sort of “cut on” velocity where the parachute engages. This velocity is somewhere below the velocity needed to cause damage to the tank. Say that the tank has to have a downward velocity of 1 m/s before a parachute is engaged. And that a tank need to reach 2 m/s before it takes some damage from falling. These are just example numbers but I think that combined with an slight over decrease in the fall rate should smooth this aspect out a bit. Just my opinion

Rob

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.