This topic contains 84 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathbal 6 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

. If our current President ordered that I would fall off of my chair. He has no teeth and the rest of the world knows it.

Yeh I was being a bit optimistic concerning mr obungler.

If America doesnt protect its ideals, who will? China, Russia, Britton? hmm… funny how everyone seems to think the American way of life is to be discoruraged, yet the british imposed their way of life all throught history on several hundred countries!!!

Thank God were the worlds foremost superpower, and in only 200 years!

Armor

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

We learnt our lessons, America hasn’t.

Like a little child with a big gun!

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

ha ha. just like they have a monopoly in the world american football championship.

in reality, isnt it more like: china, europe, united states? in that order? with uk somewhere down the list under india, russia etc

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

@armorwraith wrote:

ha ha. just like they have a monopoly in the world american football championship.

in reality, isnt it more like: china, europe, united states? in that order? with uk somewhere down the list under india, russia etc

nah, we’re right behind USA, with our thumb up their ass these days.

Europe would take too long to make a decision to have any power!

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

ugh, dont even get me started on that. A) the packers won the superbowl, B) Christina Aguleira scrooed the national anthem up big time C) The halftime show was ridiculous

World Champions my ass, I hate our football over here.

O nut you crack me up 🙂
    Im sure America hasnt learned its lesson yet, but I bet we would disagree on said lesson.

armor

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

So, he’s actually stepped down, having only the previous day, stated he would remain in power!

I saw the speech yesterday and hats off to the speech writers, they pulled a goodie out the bag when I’m sure they didn’t mean what they were writing!

Time to watch a couple of other middle eastern countries and see if similar happens, along with what goes on in Egypt over the next 5 years. I certainly hope things turn out well, but it’s gonna be (insert expletive) very sensative there for a fair while.

Loke
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

@loke wrote:

Is it your wish that the US should be the world sheriff and shape the world so it is agreeable to the US government?

No, just safe for us and our allies. 🙂

@loke wrote:

what government condoned torture and systematized it along with a long list of human rights violations – the media reports about collateral damage mostly meaning dead civilians.

Iraq, China, UK…. The list could go on..Every nation can be guilty because of its history, no wars are fought or won without collateral damage. Do you consider the Atom bombs dropped on Hirsohima and Nagasaki collateral damage? I dont, because every japanese citizen was under millitary command. If we had attempted to fight Japan without the use of those two nuclear weapons, we would have shed much more blood on both sides.

I look at it this way, not one of us is getting out of here alive, including me. Death is sad, but it is also part of life. No wars and excuses can justify death, but sometimes hard descisions have to be made to decide who will die. If you dont want it to be you, then you have a hard choice to make.

The U.S. I am sure will forever protect its own interests, Im saying thats its job, I am not excusing it of its actions. The king commands the pawns, but the pawns do the killing.

“For the laws of nature (as justice, equity, modesty, mercy, and, in sum, doing to others as we woud be done to) of themselves, without the terror of some power, to cause them to be observed, are contrary to our natural passions, that carry us to partiality, pride, revenge and the like.

“Another doctrine repugnant to civil society, is that whatsoever a man does against his conscience, is sin; and it dependeth on the presumption of making himself judge of good and evil. For a man’s conscience and his judgement are the same thing, and as the judgement, so also the conscience may be erroneous.

“Whatsoever therefore is consequent to a time of Warre, where every man is Enemy to every man; the same is consequent to the time, wherein men live without other security, than what their own strength, and their own invention shall furnish them withall. In such condition, there is no place for Industry; because the fruit thereof is uncertain; and consequently no Culture of the Earth; no Navigation, nor use of the commodities that may be imported by Sea; no commodious Building; no Instruments of moving, and removing such things as require much force; no Knowledge of the face of the Earth; no account of Time; no Arts; no Letters; no Society; and which is worst of all, continuall feare, and danger of violent death; And the life of man, solitary, poore, nasty, brutish, and short.”

-thomas hobbes

Armor

Funny you missed parts of this little thing of my post;

@myself wrote:

Who, if not the republicans, severely damaged US reputation among its allies and foes alike – what government condoned torture and systematized it along with a long list of human rights violations – the media reports about collateral damage mostly meaning dead civilians.

no. 42 recently cancelled a visit to Switzerland because, iirc, there where people who went the legal way to get him arrested. Your former president must expect this in all European countries, probably with exception of the Vatican and maybe even the UK. Your former president moved the US outside the bounds of what is considered western civilisation and into plain barbarism (and predator capitalism (a very descriptive term coined by Helmut Schmidt – former chancellor of FRG and a great friend of the Americans)). I would like to see a war crime trial against the responsible US administration and the leaders of the coalition of the willing, f. ex. Blair, the mafioso Berlousconi and the former PM of Denmark, now general secretary of NATO, Anders Fogh Rasmussen for attacking a sovereign country on false premisses and making a complete mess of it too. Rumsfeld, at least, should have been hanged side by side with Saddam by the Iraqi’s.

I find it strange that your reply shirked around this, so I made even more obvious and still believe you should go to the library to check out the book I recommended earlier.

Last but not least, Americans are not as their administration or those retarded teabaggers;)

PS. Nut – nobody is talking about Tunisia, where it all started. A former secret police chief and the army are in power now – little has changed.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@loke wrote:

Who, if not the republicans, severely damaged US reputation among its allies and foes alike.

I wasnt disagreeing with you there.
    Oh I have no doubt about the ruling elites intentions in America.
    I think you have failed to grasp that I am of neither elitist party, I am of the Conservative Tea Party. I am tired of elitist ruling our country.

I believe in a strong defense. And self preservation, so if that means starting a war, so be it. We were attacked, we responded in kind.

armor

Loke
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

@loke wrote:

Who, if not the republicans, severely damaged US reputation among its allies and foes alike.

I think you have failed to grasp that I am of neither elitist party, I am of the Conservative Tea Party. I am tired of elitist ruling our country.

I believe in a strong defense. And self preservation, so if that means starting a war, so be it. We were attacked, we responded in kind.

armor

@armorwraith wrote:

@loke wrote:

armor

The Tea party goers have an icon that defines the movement or so it appears, Palin – the least likely person to do anything positive other than jumping of bridge and let it be a high one.

If history is one of your majors, what did you learn about imperialism and supporting autocratic regimes? Yes, the Egyptian army receives a very generous handout of US taxpayers money.

Starting a war for a 1. world country is not a terribly good idea while setting aside a safe aftermath and “heart and minds”, it only leads to asymmetrical warfare or freedom fighters or terrorism, depending on who you ask.

A winning strategy in Afghanistan would be to completely outlaw the growing of opium crop, the Taliban would have no income from it and the Iranian refiners would be out of business. That would be a hard blow for the so called revolution guardians who terrorize the Iranians islamo-fascist style, while cashing in on the heroin trade. With no income from drug trafficking the abnormal level of corruption within the Afghani government would be less severe.

NAKED
    Participant

Loke
    Participant

Great link – one of my favourite pieces of classical music a shame it just is a part of it. Would love to see a live performance with cannons and bells.

Chopper
    Participant

For most of my 59 years I’ve watched our government,no matter which party, pour money into that huge pile of rocks that stretches from North Africa to India.

We’ve watched everybody fight everybody and been friends and enemies of so many I’ve almost lost track.

We have our own oil but it was deemed to expensive back in the 80’s ..to get out of the ground, so we’d rather use “theirs”. Now that China is getting a huge appetite for it, whats going to happen now?

Personally, I’m sick of dumping billions into these countries and helping rebuild “infrastructure” when it is obvious we’re
    just wasting money. ie,once we put Karsi in power,which he loved, he’s been shown to be the weiner he is.

In short , if you can’t win, why play the game. What in the hell does afganistan have that we want, (although I did read a story it has a fortune in minerals)….give ’em all shovels they’d just hit each other with them.

Pull our troops, contractors, charities and most of all our $$$ out of these wastelands. Put the buggers on notice, stay in your little part of the world and don’t mess with us. You do…and Tomahawks with a hammer on the end will be coming your way. End of story.

Sorry, not trying to sound like a rant, I’m just tired of it all.

Good luck to Egypt, I hope the everyday people can live, work, play and be happy in their new found freedoms. And most of all respect your neighbors.

Deathbal
    Participant

@loke wrote:

The Tea party goers have an icon that defines the movement or so it appears, Palin – the least likely person to do anything positive other than jumping of bridge and let it be a high one.

Palin likes to latch herself on to the Tea Party, but she by no means is the reason they exist.

Now I am not referring to you, I am just making this comment in general as it seems to fit most people. The reason most conservatives or Tea Party goers don’t take Palin bashing too seriously is because the same people bashing her would have no problem voting Hillary Clinton for President.

That would be like me laughing at two monkeys engaged in a feces tossing contest as I dine on my own!

Loke
    Participant

The very strange thing is, wherever you look in the western representative democracies there is acute shortage of politicians You could vote for with a clean conscience;) as they really have no intention representing the voter or to deal with tough issues that might be unfavourable for their re-election.

Chopper
    Participant

so where in the world is a politician loke? N korea? Burma? China?
    I got an idea…..ours and most western democracies are a representative/participation style.
    I’ll vote for ya Loke!
    btw History channel has a repeat of their series on “Presidents” on for next few nights. Very eye opening on early American politics and our….*ahem* conflicts with our friends in Peanut land. :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.