This topic contains 84 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathbal 6 years, 8 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #62900

    NAKED
    Participant

    To better understand the American psyche please watch this video.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sWS-FoXbjVI

    #62901

    ArmorWraith
    Participant

    Actually I prefer classic rock to that new hard stuff”

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJSk2Xc3Eq4

    #62870

    NAKED
    Participant

    There was yet another protest rally yesterday in Cairo. Some say the biggest one so far. Many protesters have set up a “tent city” in Tahrir Square. Mubarak won’t step down and no one will directly tell him to, including his U.S. handlers.

    Stalemate.

    They can continue to weaken the economy and try to destabilize the army but that will take time. Their next step could be to march on and surround the presidential palace. If they did this sooner or later there would be major bloodshed.

    I wish Mubarak would just step down and take that underwater basket weaving class. It’s actually quite fun because the rods stay wet…

    #62902

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    “Trying” to weaken the economy and/or destabilize the army would be idiotic and stupid.

    They’re not idiotic or stupid, however 1500 A.I kills have clearly had an adverse effect on you.

    #62903

    NAKED
    Participant

    Do you have a better suggestion PR?

    #62904

    ArmorWraith
    Participant

    I would much rather have some diplomatc dishonesty (maybe aid to Mubarak, lies to the people, defaming of the brotherhood.) then have corrupt politicians start a war and shed innocent Egyptian blood.

    If the Egyptian people suceed in establishing a Democracy, its a messy thing. If the brotherhood wins election and establishes Sharia law, the U.S. millitary will be there within a matter of days… We are of course protecting our interests in the middle east. Mubarak is friendly to Western ties. If we really want to blame someone for this conflict it is our own bungling president who has created global economic inflation through his money printing economic policies.

    I support Democratic ideals, but you really have to step back and ask what the effects are. Will Egyptians embrace the brotherhood, or establish a new president?

    All the cards are on the table, and the deck is stacked, now someone just has to make a move. I do hope it doesnt result in bloodshed.

    This conflict is going to be a stepping stone for greater world events, can anyone say pseudo war for Iran?

    Armor

    edit** We have been studying this matter extensively in my college comparative politics class. Roughly 95% of students favor Democracy (we have some socialists in my class), but when the matter of stability and the muslim brotherhood is broached, security becomes the main priority. We have then seen 85% of the class vote in favor of backing Mubarak in some way.

    #62905

    NAKED
    Participant

    The newest tactic protesters are using are strikes. Many transportation workers, factory workers and lawyers aren’t showing up for work. Many say they want better wages, some want Mubarak to step down. This adds pressure on the military to form a coup. Hit them where it hurts, in the wallet.

    Smart move.

    If fair elections are held and a leader from the Muslim Brotherhood is elected so be it. Their culture is not our culture. The U.S should not support democracy only when it suits it’s own interests.

    In a completely unrelated story there will be an anti-war march on Washington D.C. on 3/19/2011. Let’s hope the protesters there have one-tenth the resolve that Egypt has.

    #62906

    ArmorWraith
    Participant

    We dont support democracy, we support republicanism peppered with democratic ideals. Look it up, America is a republic! Sheeesh dont know how many people I have to correct on this!

    Armor

    #62907

    Loke
    Participant

    @armorwraith wrote:

    I would much rather have some diplomatc dishonesty (maybe aid to Mubarak, lies to the people, defaming of the brotherhood.) then have corrupt politicians start a war and shed innocent Egyptian blood.

    If the Egyptian people suceed in establishing a Democracy, its a messy thing. If the brotherhood wins election and establishes Sharia law, the U.S. millitary will be there within a matter of days… We are of course protecting our interests in the middle east. Mubarak is friendly to Western ties. If we really want to blame someone for this conflict it is our own bungling president who has created global economic inflation through his money printing economic policies.

    I support Democratic ideals, but you really have to step back and ask what the effects are. Will Egyptians embrace the brotherhood, or establish a new president?

    All the cards are on the table, and the deck is stacked, now someone just has to make a move. I do hope it doesnt result in bloodshed.

    This conflict is going to be a stepping stone for greater world events, can anyone say pseudo war for Iran?

    Armor

    edit** We have been studying this matter extensively in my college comparative politics class. Roughly 95% of students favor Democracy (we have some socialists in my class), but when the matter of stability and the muslim brotherhood is broached, security becomes the main priority. We have then seen 85% of the class vote in favor of backing Mubarak in some way.

    AM – you now what scare tactics are – the cold war fizzled out with the economic demise of the CCCP – since that time the US and NATO countries have tried to adapt to a multi polar world. More important is the military industrial complex Eisenhower warned us about – with its huge political impact in the lobbies of Washington. Blame Obama if you will – my guess is that his presidency is the toughest ever – he got on the bridge of a shipwrecked economy and a nation embroiled in two open wars and loads of other conflicts like Yemen and Pakistan. Is it your wish that the US should be the world sheriff and shape the world so it is agreeable to the US government?

    Who, if not the republicans, severely damaged US reputation among its allies and foes alike – what government condoned torture and systematized it along with a long list of human rights violations – the media reports about collateral damage mostly meaning dead civilians.

    I will recommend you a book I bought for my brother and later bought a second one for my nephew and its: A short course in intellectual self-defence by Normand Baillargeon.

    My brother hasn’t got his one yet as I’m currently reading it;)

    #62908

    ArmorWraith
    Participant

    @loke wrote:

    Is it your wish that the US should be the world sheriff and shape the world so it is agreeable to the US government?

    No, just safe for us and our allies. 🙂

    @loke wrote:

    what government condoned torture and systematized it along with a long list of human rights violations – the media reports about collateral damage mostly meaning dead civilians.

    Iraq, China, UK…. The list could go on..Every nation can be guilty because of its history, no wars are fought or won without collateral damage. Do you consider the Atom bombs dropped on Hirsohima and Nagasaki collateral damage? I dont, because every japanese citizen was under millitary command. If we had attempted to fight Japan without the use of those two nuclear weapons, we would have shed much more blood on both sides.

    I look at it this way, not one of us is getting out of here alive, including me. Death is sad, but it is also part of life. No wars and excuses can justify death, but sometimes hard descisions have to be made to decide who will die. If you dont want it to be you, then you have a hard choice to make.

    The U.S. I am sure will forever protect its own interests, Im saying thats its job, I am not excusing it of its actions. The king commands the pawns, but the pawns do the killing.

    “For the laws of nature (as justice, equity, modesty, mercy, and, in sum, doing to others as we woud be done to) of themselves, without the terror of some power, to cause them to be observed, are contrary to our natural passions, that carry us to partiality, pride, revenge and the like.

    “Another doctrine repugnant to civil society, is that whatsoever a man does against his conscience, is sin; and it dependeth on the presumption of making himself judge of good and evil. For a man’s conscience and his judgement are the same thing, and as the judgement, so also the conscience may be erroneous.

    “Whatsoever therefore is consequent to a time of Warre, where every man is Enemy to every man; the same is consequent to the time, wherein men live without other security, than what their own strength, and their own invention shall furnish them withall. In such condition, there is no place for Industry; because the fruit thereof is uncertain; and consequently no Culture of the Earth; no Navigation, nor use of the commodities that may be imported by Sea; no commodious Building; no Instruments of moving, and removing such things as require much force; no Knowledge of the face of the Earth; no account of Time; no Arts; no Letters; no Society; and which is worst of all, continuall feare, and danger of violent death; And the life of man, solitary, poore, nasty, brutish, and short.”

    -thomas hobbes

    Armor

    #62909

    Chopper
    Participant

    Hey Peanut……you’ll be hearing from my attorney. :mrgreen:

    #62910

    Deathbal
    Participant

    @armorwraith wrote:

    If the Egyptian people suceed in establishing a Democracy, its a messy thing. If the brotherhood wins election and establishes Sharia law, the U.S. millitary will be there within a matter of days… We are of course protecting our interests in the middle east. Mubarak is friendly to Western ties. If we really want to blame someone for this conflict it is our own bungling president who has created global economic inflation through his money printing economic policies.

    I agree with most of what you say except for the above. If our current President ordered that I would fall off of my chair. He has no teeth and the rest of the world knows it. The US Intelligence Dir just said the Muslim Brotherhood is largely Secular. That doesn’t even make sense. But don’t assume the US will do anything militarily beyond the current two wars. I do not believe our President will use the military in anything new short of a nuclear strike. Maybe.

    #62911

    Deathbal
    Participant

    @loke wrote:

    Is it your wish that the US should be the world sheriff and shape the world so it is agreeable to the US government?

    Of course not. But it is in the interest of the US that we be safe in this world.

    It just so happens that it is much less likely to have terrorist attacks or get into wars with other Democratic Republics.

    #62912

    PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

    @armorwraith wrote:

    I would much rather have some diplomatc dishonesty (maybe aid to Mubarak, lies to the people, defaming of the brotherhood.) then have corrupt politicians start a war and shed innocent Egyptian blood.

    If the Egyptian people suceed in establishing a Democracy, its a messy thing. If the brotherhood wins election and establishes Sharia law, the U.S. millitary will be there within a matter of days… We are of course protecting our interests in the middle east. Mubarak is friendly to Western ties. If we really want to blame someone for this conflict it is our own bungling president who has created global economic inflation through his money printing economic policies.

    I support Democratic ideals, but you really have to step back and ask what the effects are. Will Egyptians embrace the brotherhood, or establish a new president?

    All the cards are on the table, and the deck is stacked, now someone just has to make a move. I do hope it doesnt result in bloodshed.

    This conflict is going to be a stepping stone for greater world events, can anyone say pseudo war for Iran?

    Armor

    edit** We have been studying this matter extensively in my college comparative politics class. Roughly 95% of students favor Democracy (we have some socialists in my class), but when the matter of stability and the muslim brotherhood is broached, security becomes the main priority. We have then seen 85% of the class vote in favor of backing Mubarak in some way.

    OMFG I can’t believe how much of a student you are. Stop looking for shit to be wrong!
    And seriously, part democratic, mostly republican? PMSL!

    @deathbal wrote:

    @armorwraith wrote:

    If the Egyptian people suceed in establishing a Democracy, its a messy thing. If the brotherhood wins election and establishes Sharia law, the U.S. millitary will be there within a matter of days… We are of course protecting our interests in the middle east. Mubarak is friendly to Western ties. If we really want to blame someone for this conflict it is our own bungling president who has created global economic inflation through his money printing economic policies.

    I agree with most of what you say except for the above. If our current President ordered that I would fall off of my chair. He has no teeth and the rest of the world knows it. The US Intelligence Dir just said the Muslim Brotherhood is largely Secular. That doesn’t even make sense. But don’t assume the US will do anything militarily beyond the current two wars. I do not believe our President will use the military in anything new short of a nuclear strike. Maybe.

    I believe he has the stones, I believe he has far larger stones than the war mongering Bush, Obama can say NO to things, he’s a man who has earn’t his own respect through HIS decisions and opinions.
    If some matter has come to the point where only the outcome of a war can decide something, I fully believe that he would go to war. However there is ALWAYS a better solution to a situation than war. War’s an easy answer to a tough question.

    Both Bushes have been complete and utter cowards lacking in fundamental self-respect and belief.
    The first went to war for the right reasons, but backed down from his convictions at a time when the country he was at war with needed him to stand by his decision.

    The second was always in his fathers shadow, but didn’t have the balls to make the right decisions for the right reasons.

    As For Kanga, you’ve said the kind of things that are the stereo-typical American thing to say.
    Look outside you’re little bubble and stop believing that what’s American is what’s right for everyone. It’s not even right for America (New Orleans is still a pile of */:%).

    EDIT: Corrected gramatical errors.

    #62913

    ArmorWraith
    Participant

    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

    OMFG I can’t believe how much of a student you are. Stop looking for shit to be wrong!
    And seriously, part democratic, mostly republican? PMSL!

    I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands,
    one Nation under God,
    indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

    Dont believe me? look it up for yourself…
    http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/647933

    Had to write a 8 page dissertation on the will of our founding fathers and why its important to the AMERICAN way of life. I AM AN AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. I am afraid im not a brit or german mate. Im a YANK. I personally believe you view the world through a small hole.

    Have you done your homework nut?

    armor
    edit** Nut you realize I take nothing a teacher says at face value? I am a major in Political Science and history, theres always mnore than one side of a coin, it just matters what place your standing in. As for me im an American, I will always believe that American exceptionalism will outlast any opponent, I believe we are the light on the hill leading the way for the rest of the world. IF you dont like it, im sorry, we have the guns and the strength to put down dissent to protect our interests, regardless of what any pinko-commie will tell you.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.