This topic contains 84 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathbal 6 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

NAKED
    Participant

There is so much information out there and events are happening so fast it’s hard to keep up. So far, here are the facts as I see them.

Protests in Tusnisia as spurred on a wave of anti-government protests throughout the whole region. Algeria, Yemen, Jorden and Egypt want a change of government leaders.

A “protest” in Egypt is an understatement. The people have had enough of Mubarak and want a new leader.

Mubarak has been backed by the U.S. for thirty years. Billions of dollars have been given in military aid so Mubarak will not cause trouble with Israel. Because
    he cooperates with the U.S., the U.S. has looked the other way when it comes to human rights abuse.

China has censored all internet searches on Egypt. Syria has taken similar actions.

Viewpoints?

Loke
    Participant

It seems that the riots that last year followed the rigged Iranian elections do serve as model even though they where brutally oppressed. Lets hope that the possible new governments in these countries will not try to emulate the fascist and inhuman Iranian regime.

Hope to see popular unrest in Saudi Arabia too – those royal clowns should get a serious beating.

It would be great if the people will at last get rid of oppressive and corrupt rulers.

Acid22
    Participant

@loke wrote:

It seems that the riots that last year followed the rigged Iranian elections do serve as model even though they where brutally oppressed. Lets hope that the possible new governments in these countries will not try to emulate the fascist and inhuman Iranian regime.

Hope to see popular unrest in Saudi Arabia too – those royal clowns should get a serious beating.

It would be great if the people will at last get rid of oppressive and corrupt rulers.

I absolutely agree!.. Queen Margrethe the second of Denmark has to be stopped. Denmarks expansionist plans to invade The Shetland Islands and set up a bacon farm is like the Empire from Star Wars but much worse.

As we all know, the Danish declared war on the Netherlands in 1543 over a disputed hotel bill. You know you are evil if you can fall out with the Dutch about anything!

P.s
    If you need any more informative comments or just wish to lower the tone a bit then please do not hesitate to contact me =P~

Acid

naka
    Participant

I absolutely disagree… [-X I PMd Acid… We had a hot dispute and we decided to start a Poll about it 😀

Mr. Subliminal
    Participant

I wish we could all just get along…lol. All the stuff that has been happening over, lets say the last mmmmm 200 years, has slowly led to our decline as a human race. I know that everybody can not agree to everything, but to me it should be common since that if you do good for your country and the world, life as we know it would be a lot better, and on top of that, your countries citizens will be more productive. I am already getting my azz kicked hard with all that is happening with the economy and all, and it is extremely depressing that every time you turn on the news or open a paper you see headlines about another problem in the world and how it is gonna affect us in the U.S. I do not ever take to full truth what the news tells us anymore, it is to government and corporation controlled.

All of these greedy, a-hole people that have any power at all, i truly believe, is going to lead us to our destruction…

K i am done, just a little rant there, lol ;P

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I like their tanks. And their pyramids.

makes me wanna make a desert map now
    😀

Armor

Mr. Subliminal
    Participant

Yeah, would be neat with pyramids and maybe a sphinx on the map! lol

Loke
    Participant

@acid22 wrote:

I absolutely agree!.. Queen Margrethe the second of Denmark has to be stopped. Denmarks expansionist plans to invade The Shetland Islands and set up a bacon farm is like the Empire from Star Wars but much worse.

As we all know, the Danish declared war on the Netherlands in 1543 over a disputed hotel bill. You know you are evil if you can fall out with the Dutch about anything!

P.s
    If you need any more informative comments or just wish to lower the tone a bit then please do not hesitate to contact me =P~

Acid

You know, if Magrethe and her offspring behaved like a certain other royal family they would find themselves at the labour exchange faster than you can spell bat-eared. They don´t and are highly respected experts at waving and cutting ribbons.

Now – 1 or 2 years ago Canada and Denmark where at brink of war as Canadian aggressors claimed a piece of rock rightfully belonging to Greenland. The Queen changed her style of waving and took up slashing ribbons instead to warn those cheeky Canadians. If I remember correctly the Canadians backed down;)

NAKED
    Participant

There will be a huge march tomorrow in Cario. Many have said they will keep protesting until Mubarak is gone but I don’t think they can keep the momentum going too much longer with little food and water.

The Army vows not to use force, only to keep the peace.

What will Mubarak do?

He could…

A-Cut power to the city. Hoping the city will explode into chaos, the Army would have to act. He would be condemned by everyone but does he care at this point?

B-Do nothing and hope the protests will die off in another week or so.

C-Put someone like an ElBaradei in as a vice-president to appease the crowd.

D-Simply announce he will not seek reelection.

E-Take an underwater basket weaving class at a local community college.

Acid22
    Participant

I’m liking E.

Alternatively he could write a stiff letter to the Times complaining about ‘all the nasty people that are being horrible about me’. We could then send over some troops in 1940’s trucks and hang around until the USAF bombs us again.

naka
    Participant

I wish to say E: But what does it mean? 😕 :-k 😕 😕

tlon
    Participant

Our president to be the next I hope

Acid22
    Participant

I think Denmark is amassing an army on it’s border with Ukraine as we speak.

NAKED
    Participant

Mubarak chose D.

Deathbal
    Participant

@naked wrote:

Mubarak chose D.

I have a few question. I am asking because I truly don’t know.

1. Was Mubarak ever elected? Choosing not to run for reelection would indicate he was previously elected, would it not?

2. Also, if there were elections why would the people be rioting? Wouldn’t they simply wait to vote him out? I was under the impression they are rioting because they are not happy with him or the state of the country with him as ruler, and he intends to stay. Am I wrong?

3. And finally, he says he is not running for reelection? Are there going to be elections? If so, would it matter if he ran or not? I think the people are making it perfectly clear they don’t want him. It’s not like he has any chance of winning. But then again, there was that election in Iran not too long ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.