This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 10 years ago.

• Author

Wowbagger
    Participant

My wonderful wife let me get my Xmas gift early so I purchased a XFX GeForce 8600 GT video card 😀 😀 😀 . Installation was a snap. I upgraded from a GE Force 7300 LE and what an incredible difference playing S3D.

I was getting about 10-15 fps with all shaders turned off and with any maps that have Precipatation it would cut back to 5-10 fps. Now with everything running full out I’m getting 50+ fps. What a remarkable difference.

I’ll tell you what, for anyone playing scorched and having slow fps problems this IS the solution. I got it for 139 us dollars and it came with the full version game Company Of Heroes.

I’m sure you can get it anywhere for around that price and I’m not gonna plug the site I got it from but if anybody wants to know just ask me. 😀

Irishbandit
    Participant

I want one.

Wowbagger
    Participant

You gotta ask Santa… Maybe if you were a good boy all year he’ll bring you one. 😀

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

dude! your wife roxs

if that’s not a rubber stamp to play more i dont know what is.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

What resolution you running at?

Wowbagger
    Participant

Peanut Wrote:

What resolution you running at?

1280×1024…didnt try any other though.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

ah, yea, I’ll stick with my plan for an 8800 GT then, was gonna get a 7950GX2, but now the 8800 GT is out, its price / performance is astonishing as I am gonna be running 1680×1050 on a new monitor soon (need to get both at same time really).

FREAK
    Participant

I hope my wife will be awesome…

Your lucky man…

Your lucky…

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

<<<<<—- is TRYING to get his 8800GT and 22" (preferably samsung) outta his folks for xmas, DOUBTFUL gonna happen, but how sweet would that be.
    Just a shame I aint been a very good boy this year, woulda asked santa!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.