This topic contains 50 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  .–.ShoCkwaVe.–. 6 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Rommel
    Participant

@Kangabunny wrote:

Hi all,

… I have come up with some new and exciting ideas, Ready? Here We Go!

Lets get this ball rolling! 😀

Kangabunny/Shifter

I love your enthusiasm and wish you much success.

BOY
    Participant

because the foundation of the game is based on a turn style programming, I doubt that your ideas could be implemented without an entirely new game engine. THis would require (at our present rate) several years of progress I would guess. It could be done, but the game modes you suggested would have to be almost an entirely separate game.

With the graphics scorched offers, the ideas would be fantastic…. and require me to get a new gaming PC. 😉

Rommel
    Participant

What I found most impressive was getting a group of his
    friends to come over and try out the game and give him
    their impressions so he could pass along his findings.

This is great!

Keep up the good work I say and be ye not dismayed.
    Ideas are always good to toss out and get recorded.
    Even if your idea will not work, it could inspire someone
    else that can help you rework it into something that will.

“I have never met a man so ignorant that I could not learn
    something from him.” – Galileo Galilei

A survey questionaire, compiled and approved by the control
    group and included with the game, might be a good way to
    solicit structured feedback from new users that aren’t
    registered to post.

P.S. – I didn’t say that the settings should not be changed.
    Just that things that do not change the game should be
    given consideration.

I like a little change now and then as long as she ain’t real
    change (bad joke).

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I think the scurry mode might actually be able to be done as of this version, just alot of work would be needed.

Thanks

Kanga

Ps: thanks Rommel 😉

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Some interesting points, you’ll be glad to know some of those game modes are in the new beta version that should be out in the next couple of days. I’ll have a think about the other ones.

bazzz
    Participant

I have had the same experience as Kanga has regarding friends trying scorched.

In my opinion the things he proposes could make a difference in keeping people from getting bored. Most new players just don’t want to wait for 5 minutes when starting a game getting killed and wait another 5 minutes to play some more.

Something that i have been thinking of would be real time play but like boy says the structure of the game may make that difficult.

Also it would be great if you ask me if it would be possible when starting the game and get to the (playable) title screen to have a casual game mode, some continuous game which is fast paced and doesn’t need much experience to fully enjoy. From there you can go to main and all the mods.

Also an improved messenger system would be nice, where you can see who is online and playing. The server page info+ chat in a separate window from where you can start any game going on would speed up getting games started and connect to friends easier. Also other players can tell you to hurry and get in there before a new round or game is about to start.

Lowering the effort for casual game play and ease of use would help new players to come and stay, i would like to think.

How much of this is possible or wanted i would love to discuss some more, preferably in a well coordinated effort to improve this game.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

This forum dead too?

What happend to the fire? 8)

Kanga 😀

Chopper
    Participant

hI kanga.saw this after your post and read it all.

This game has been around a long time….back when it was scorch 2-D. Some of your friends’ comments i understand…looks like they want more of a “video” game. I doubt this will ever be one of those. But, what it is ….is a game thats as simple or hard as you want it to be.

Theres limits to what it can made to do without alot of money and programmers….but its an entertaining, fun game and I for one appreciate your efforts and play.

Some of the weapons things are on Thrax’s servers. That place is another world. 😆

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Thanks Choppy, im glad to know I have impacted the community in some way. 😀

Kanga

bazzz
    Participant

I forgot i had made this post, seems like the same old thing is happening- i make some suggestions and the thread disappears into the past.

What happens to some feedback, or are you all thinking i am talking shit- it must be that if no one cares.

I made a point of organizing before and feedback and suggested that there should be some change.

Never got anything back that i remember, maybe i got amnesia, maybe there really isn’t anything coming back.

There was a point of a clique made before, my intentions are not to insult anyone- merely to provoke a response.

If the clique don’t care about the players, the players will stop caring about the clique.

What is the problem? I just dont understand. To me it seems there is a lack of communication between developers and players, maybe its just my perception but it feels like something real.

Are there any objections to change this?

apache64d
    Participant

Simlple? no.
    There will be changes in ogranization.
    Changes are being discussed.
    Admins are well aware of the things that going on. Espcialy now.
    I’m sorry about no-reply. Keep in mind that admins/developers are on-line when they can and not all are capble of replying in all issues. Some got tecnical/programming knowladge and some don’t. Some are sometimes busy and some have more time.
    Things are hundled. Please be patient.

apache.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

ah ty for the update apache 😀

Well met

Kanga

BOY
    Participant

@bazzz wrote:

I forgot i had made this post, seems like the same old thing is happening- i make some suggestions and the thread disappears into the past.

What happens to some feedback, or are you all thinking i am talking shit- it must be that if no one cares.

I made a point of organizing before and feedback and suggested that there should be some change.

Never got anything back that i remember, maybe i got amnesia, maybe there really isn’t anything coming back.

There was a point of a clique made before, my intentions are not to insult anyone- merely to provoke a response.

If the clique don’t care about the players, the players will stop caring about the clique.

What is the problem? I just dont understand. To me it seems there is a lack of communication between developers and players, maybe its just my perception but it feels like something real.

Are there any objections to change this?

bazzz, you didn’t start this thread. I did.

There is no real lack of communication, there is simply not enough time for the developers to possibly comment on each suggestion around here. Players and admins are usually very useful to explain ideas that can or cannot be implemented. Simply because a developer doesn’t comment doesn’t mean the ideas were ignored.

Secondly, I know that Thrax comments on many many suggestions around here, and he’s been pretty frustrated by people blowing him off. THe problem isn’t that there is a lack of communication, it is that players often think they have better ideas than the developers. Many players make suggestions that are old one’s and sometimes the responses can get a bit dry because players don’t research the idea before they run off trying to discuss it. As a result the dicussion is dry.

bazzz
    Participant

Either you don’t seem to get where i am going with this or it makes you feel uncomfortable and you are wilfulling ignoring the arguments.

There is a lack of communication.

Ignoring that fact and being unwilling to work to something better only proves it.

If you are willing to get into a real discussion about it i am able to give you arguments. So far the default is ignoring the problems.

This does not give me much confidence.

If this is by choice, fine. I wont try to contribute in my way anymore.

That was what you were saying right, shut up bazzz?

BOY
    Participant

Okay. Give me some arguments then. I’m not saying that communication is perfect. But my first impression is that “lack of communication” is a fancy way of saying “We aren’t getting what we want”.

Please explain your solution to the communications problem. For one, it really isn’t in my area to decide if all developer discussions are opened for viewing. There are some things in there about access to works in progress that are not for all to see or play with.

Development is graphics, bugs, code crunching. It isn’t even player related, so the argument that there is a lack of communication is valid only in that the players are not really supposed to chat direct with developers. To be involved in development you have to be both develper and player – at least that is the way it seems.

The settings are another matter, game settings are a player concern.

I am right in the middle of all this, and what I’m telling you is that players (and admins) are often asking for things that are not available. Many ideas would require direct work by Gavin Camp to implement.

Please define how you see this communications problem, I think it might be you misunderstand how things work around here. TO change that would possibly require hiring someone to program requests. We can’t do that.

There is a reason why developer discussion is insulated from player discussion.

How are we supposed to do it differently then?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.