This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  krafTWerK 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Lobo
    Participant

Hi,

I did not edit anything. Maybe I need to…

I’ve read about the problem with umlauts in the user name a few days ago but this does not apply to my name.

a banana
    Participant

Ok. Well, I’m all out of ideas now – you need to hope someone with more Linux knowledge happens along with a fix 😉

a banana

Irishbandit
    Participant

For building it try installing the following .deb’s

sudo apt-get install libwxbase2.6-0 libwxbase2.6-dev libwxbase2.8-0 libwxgtk2.4-1 libwxgtk2.6-0 libwxgtk2.6-dev libwxgtk2.8-0 wx2.4-headers wx2.6-headers wx-common

Try installing the deb you got from alien
    edit **note if you install the deb from the rpm run /usr/bin/scorched3d
    instead of /usr/local/games/scorched3d/bin/scorched3d when you build from source ** (works on Ubuntu 7.10)

if not get the source and run:
    ./createAMMakefile.pl in the scorched scripts folder
    cd ..
    sh autogen.sh –disable-openaltest CXXFLAGS=-lalut
    make
    sudo make install

Lobo
    Participant

Installing the packages did not help any further. After intalling the scorched3d deb I got from alien it was still the same: No error, no shortcuts in the menu and when I start scorched3d from the terminal I still get:

Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
    The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.6),
    and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4,compatible with 2.6).

Compiling with
    ./createAMMakefile.pl in the scorched scripts folder
    cd ..
    sh autogen.sh –disable-openaltest CXXFLAGS=-lalut
    make
    sudo make install

gave me:

[…….]
    2.6 -lwx_gtk2u_html-2.6 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-2.6 -lwx_gtk2u_core-2.6 -lwx_baseu_xml-2.6 -lwx_baseu_net-2.6 -lwx_baseu-2.6 -lfreetype -lz -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lSDL_net -lz -lpng -ljpeg
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lalut
    collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
    make[2]: *** [scorched3d] Fehler 1
    make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis ‘/home/simon/Desktop/Scorched3D-41.1-src/scorched/src/scorched’
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
    make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis ‘/home/simon/Desktop/Scorched3D-41.1-src/scorched/src’
    make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1

when typing make.

“Fehler 1” means “error 1”, “Verlasse Verzeichnis” means “leaving folder”

Oh, and “/usr/local/games/scorched3d/bin/scorched3d ” doesn’t even exist. Scorched3d is just installed in “/usr/bin/scorched3d “

Lobo
    Participant

Forgot something:

I reinstalled version 40.1d which is included in Feisty Fawn and it worked. Maybe this tells someone who knows more than I do something.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@lobo wrote:

Forgot something:

I reinstalled version 40.1d which is included in Feisty Fawn and it worked. Maybe this tells someone who knows more than I do something.

Try installing libalut-dev and libopenal-dev and try building again.

Mecha Godzilla
    Participant

@lobo wrote:

checking for beer in -lfridge… no
    Warning: No beer found in fridge!
    We highly suggest that you rectify this situation immediately.
    checking for OpenGL support… no
    configure: error: *** Can’t find the OpenGL library Try: http://www.opengl.org

Well, I had nearly identical errors as yours when trying to run the alien deb install, so I went to compile too. When I went to try to install packages for the GL support libs, I ran into a million broken package problems. I don’t know if you had this problem, but I dug out a suggestion from a totally unrelated problem somewhere on the intarwebs and started installing suspect package arrangements with “aptitude” instead of apt-get (identical cmd line). Aptitude is much better at figuring out how to shuffle versions and deps until everything lines up.

Secondly, after running the .sh script five million times, I want to also mention that all you have to do if you have a nice distro is install the –dev– packages for every lib it mentions and you will eventually chisel through it. (Excepting, you know, things like g++).

packages you want (all devs):
    mesa-common-dev (and ALL of its friends. ALL of them. Ask Aptitude.)
    freealut
    freetype
    fftw
    ogg
    vorbis
    sdl
    sdl net
    wxwindows base
    wxwindows gtk

etc, etc. I’ll put more if I remember anything. Or if I break something else:

source=’../wxdialogs/SettingsDialog.cpp’ object=’SettingsDialog.o’ libtool=no
    DEPDIR=.deps depmode=none /bin/bash ../../depcomp
    g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=”” -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=”” -DPACKAGE_VERSION=”” -DPACKAGE_STRING=”” -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=”” -DPACKAGE=”scorched3d” -DVERSION=”41″ -DHAVE_OGG=1 -DHAVE_VSNPRINTF=1 -DHAVE_SNPRINTF=1 -DHAVE_VASPRINTF=1 -DHAVE_ASPRINTF=1 -DHAVE_ICONV=1 -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_ICONV_H=1 -I. -I../porting -I.. -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.6 -I/usr/include/wx-2.6 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -D__WXGTK__ -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -DNO_GCC_PRAGMA -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6 -I/usr/local/include -DS3D_DOCDIR=”/usr/local/games/scorched3d/share/documentation” -DS3D_DATADIR=”/usr/local/games/scorched3d/share” -DS3D_BINDIR=”/usr/local/games/scorched3d/bin” -c -o SettingsDialog.o `test -f ‘../wxdialogs/SettingsDialog.cpp’ || echo ‘./’`../wxdialogs/SettingsDialog.cpp
    g++ -DS3D_DOCDIR=”/usr/local/games/scorched3d/share/documentation” -DS3D_DATADIR=”/usr/local/games/scorched3d/share” -DS3D_BINDIR=”/usr/local/games/scorched3d/bin” -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6 -L/usr/local/lib -o scorched3d main.o ScorchedParams.o ModDirs.o ModFileEntry.o ModFiles.o ModInfo.o OptionsDisplay.o ARGParser.o Clock.o Defines.o DefinesAssert.o DefinesFile.o DefinesMath.o DefinesScorched.o DefinesString.o FileLines.o FileList.o fixed.o FixedVector.o Keyboard.o KeyboardKey.o Logger.o LoggerI.o NumberParser.o OptionEntry.o OptionsGame.o OptionsMasterListServer.o OptionsParameters.o ProgressCounter.o RandomGenerator.o snprintf.o Vector.o Vector4.o VectorLib.o NetBuffer.o NetBufferPool.o NetInterface.o UniqueIdStore.o XMLFile.o XMLNode.o xmlparse.o XMLParser.o xmlrole.o XMLStringBuffer.o xmltok.o TankAINames.o LandscapeDefinitionsBase.o CreateDialogs.o DialogUtils.o DisplayDialog.o KeyDialog.o MainDialog.o OptionEntrySetter.o ServerSDialog.o SettingsDialog.o -pthread -lwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6 -lwx_gtk2u_qa-2.6 -lwx_gtk2u_html-2.6 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-2.6 -lwx_gtk2u_core-2.6 -lwx_baseu_xml-2.6 -lwx_baseu_net-2.6 -lwx_baseu-2.6 -lfreetype -lz -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lSDL_net -lz -lpng -ljpeg
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpng
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [scorched3d] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bluewave/Desktop/scorched/src/scorched’
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bluewave/Desktop/scorched/src’
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I think the critical error is no beer in my lfridge…where is it? How do I get the beer in there? Can I take it out and drink it without affecting system stability?

Mecha Godzilla
    Participant

update:
    if ld can’t find something it can also be symptomatic of a missing dev package. for me it was the

png
    jpeg

libraries.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@Mecha Godzilla wrote:

update:
    if ld can’t find something it can also be symptomatic of a missing dev package. for me it was the

png
    jpeg

libraries.

So did you get it working?

krafTWerK
    Participant

Hi all and irish,

my deb works fine. 😉

Good luck @ all.

KrafTy

Irishbandit
    Participant

If you use alien to convert the scorched3d-41.2 rpm to deb and you receive the following:

“Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
    The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.6),
    and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4,compatible with 2.6).”

You might still be able to start the game by running
    /usr/bin/scorched3dc

Wont help you change game settings but might help you be able to play with your previous settings.

krafTWerK
    Participant

Hi Irish,
    the new version works fine!
    Alien works too with this version. 8)

Nice nice nice…
    CYA krafty

Edit: Now i have to wait for the ApocHQ-Update.
    Greetings to rhand. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.